NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

NW Valley Tuner

66silverpearl

66silverpearl

Hello all. I just relocated here from Colorado. I live in Surprise and need a recommendation or two on where I might take my 1966 427/425 to have some work done. Its tuned for 8000 ft, has been in storage for a year and needs fluid changes etc. Also interested in purchasing a set of "driver" wheels and radial tires, probally some American Racing torque thrust style. The bias ply tires ain't workin' Is there a wheel & tire shop anyone can recommend? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the board....

There is a shop in Chandler that some of us use..

Top notch shop, ASC certified mechanics... and people who really care about doing the job right. They are a full service shop... and the only people who I would take a 66' vette to.

give John a call... Tell them that Glenn sent ya

ADS...480-961-4831

Welcome to the board....

There is a shop in Chandler that some of us use..

Top notch shop, ASC certified mechanics... and people who really care about doing the job right. They are a full service shop... and the only people who I would take a 66' vette to.

give John a call... Tell them that Glenn sent ya

ADS...480-961-4831

and NO - they aren't paying him a commission - Glenn just trusts them with his hard earned funds (as do I now)- they were out at Speedworld friday running a 9sec. 57 chevy they built :eek that thing was (as glenn would say) the cat's @$$! :thumbs

For the wheels, give Jim a call at Rim1. He is a Vette owner also.

His web address is www.rim1.com

Phil...Welcome also... :devil

Guest 1FASTC4

I bought my tires(Gs-D3's) from Discount tire at Bell and Grand.

Hello from a fellow Surprise resident. :howdy

Edit: "There is a shop in Chandler that some of us use.."

FYI Chandler is as about as far away from Surprise as you can get and still be in in Maricopa County.

I race in surprise... and live in chandler.... its only about 45 min on freeway....

I race in surprise... and live in chandler.... its only about 45 min on freeway....

i know the feeling -

i live on the south east corner of the 101 freeway and teh I-17

but that hasn's stopped me from taking my car there - in fact, it's back there now, had to take it out on monday for the AIR tube and a couple other things

Guest 1FASTC4

I'll put $100.00 you can't make it to Surprise city limits from ADS, during normal business, hours in 45 minutes. This is the time someone would be driving their car to a tuner. Seriously. $100.00.

I'll put $100.00 you can't make it to Surprise city limits from ADS, during normal business, hours in 45 minutes. This is the time someone would be driving their car to a tuner. Seriously. $100.00.

business hours also include times that are NOT rush hour!

the best time to go would be around 10-11 am and you could absolutely do it - i did the carpool lane from my area there leaving at 4:30 in the afternoon we got there in under an hour - and you and i both know that EVEN the carpool lane stops during rush hour!

I will take that bet.... ADS is open at 7:00.... I can leave Surprise at 6:15 and make it there with plenty of time.

7 o'clock is normal business hours for a shop..... Hell, your GM dealers service is open then..... So you leave at 6:15.... or maybe even 6.... I really dont think you want to bet ME.... I am willing to bend a few traffic laws to win.....

When do you want me to be at your house...... For 100.00 bet.. I will pick you up just to prove it.

Guest Kens06

I may want a piece of this action!!

I have been driving from S Scottsdale (Hayden&McDowell) to 193rd & Grand everyday for a month!!

I can make it there, door to door [50 miles] in 55 min at 5:30AM going the south loop!!

Even at that hour, I-10 into the city is 10-20 mph max!!

Taking Bell to 101 and the North loop is 2 miles more but at that [7AM] time you run into the Cave Creek Rd/51 parking lot!!

Let's just say that for someone new to the area, you are looking at 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive from Surprise to Chandler!!

Unless their are accidents!! :willy

Ken

Guest Kens06

Silverpearl,

SWEET ride!!

Need more pic's of the '66 Bro!!

When you get it tuned, hopefully you will bring it out for the old guys like me to admire!!

Ken

I tried to cross Grand one time during the middle of a weekday, and it took less than 45 minutes!!!

:drinkers

How about Teusday?

I am booked till the end of the week. A few people will here have subscribed that it can be done.... I will feel kinda bad taking your money, since we are friends and all. But hey... it will pay for 1 tank of race fuel...

How do you propose that I can do it.... Video camera.... stop watch....

Guest 1FASTC4

Well, we can let ADS know what we're up to. After 45 minutes I'll call them and ask to speak to you. Sound ok?

I don't mind if I lose, it would be a case of me opening my big mouth and needing to back it up. Besides, it will make for good conversation fodder at our next luncheon.