1.7 vs. 1.8 Roller Rockers on an E-force (simulated)

ChadC

As I surf the web deciding on whether to buy groceries or an E-Force supercharger for my LS3 (eating is sooo overrated). I ask my self

“How much benefit do I get with adding 1.8 Roller Rockers to an Elderbrock supercharger?”

So I fired up an engine simulator software and look at the results*

*Take note the HP/TQ numbers produced by this software are not accurate (a +/-10 fudge factor). There are far too many variables and I’m not a smart man.

However what is important is the slopes, and differences between 2 test runs. That is what I use this software for, is to see how Product X affects the HP/TQ curve of a car.

RESULTS:

On a stock LS3, by adding 1.8 RR only there is a +11hp @6500 and +9TQ@6500

On a stock LS3 with the base 1590 E-force (5.5lbs PSI) there is a gain of +7hp @6500 and +6TQ@6000 to 6500

What I find interesting, is the gain of the 1.7 vs the 1.8 does not start to appear until 6000 RPM on the E-force while the stock LS3 shows the gain starting around 5000 RPM.

I’m a ‘normal’ driver and 90% of the time I’m around the 3000 to 6000 RPM range and rarely at 6500. I feel the 1.8 RR would have little to no benefit to me on an E-Force application.

Posted Image

..just thought I would share. Now that I have saved $500, I’m going to buy some Top Raman. Woot!

Cheers

Chad

Im a normal driver and 90% of the time Im around the 3000 to 6000 RPM range and rarely at 6500. Cheers

Chad

:funnypost::facepalm::smilelol

There are more gears than just 1st.

Well the stock cam is .551 lift. The affect of going to 1.8 rockers is making it a .583 lift. Not much change. But typically when going bigger and bigger cams you see the result in the top end. Also with rougher idle, less vacuum to run your breaks, less response at part throttle etc. Superchargers do not usually see a benefit from larger cams like n/a motors. On smaller motors like 350s some will put a larger rocker on the exhaust to help gases going out that are not under boosted pressure. $500 is aloooot of cheeseburgers

Not if you're looking to do it again it's not. :lol

try looking at a CC bill/dept/expense of $36K on a car you no longer have while try buying a house.

Ill say it again.

back the f*uck off!!!

is that clear enough?

Am lookin at a Magnuson for my ls1 in the next week. Will be interesting to see how much improvement Edelbrock was able to make using the same tvs internals.

Am lookin at a Magnuson for my ls1 in the next week. Will be interesting to see how much improvement Edelbrock was able to make using the same tvs internals.

For what you want, that Maggie will be spot on. You'll love it!

Am looking at a Magnuson for my ls1 in the next week. Will be interesting to see how much improvement Edelbrock was able to make using the same tvs internals.

from a non experienced viewpoint here are the Pro/Cons

the Maggie= awful product support, and puts into doubt the R&D they have done. they made it, shipped it, and forgot about it.

how long did it take for them to make a unit for the LS7? 4 years?

go to their website and you will see dated product info circa 2007 LS2.

I have had 2 vendors tell me flat out "I am a reseller for Maggie but i hate ordering from them. If you want that product, I suggest you order it yourself, and then when it arrives we can schedule an install date. The profit i make from them is not worth the hassle, ordering effort, and shipping delays."

You have to move the powersterring revesor... hassle.

the heat exchanger is held in place by ONE BOLT. it rests on the A/C condenser and foam. It uses the air bleed valve to hold it in place.

I guess when spending $7000 on a product it too much hassle for them to get the proper Fuel injectors. You get 8 adapters instead. and 8 more points of possible failure.

If you ever see a cut away of the Maggie, you Will be amazed of the path the compressed air takes before it reaches the heads. almost 4 90* right angle turns in 2.5 inches. not smooth at all.

However there is an appeal to having a larger heat exchanger with a greater surface area.

at least it not a Dragon Race Engerning unit, now thoes are bad.....

I thought there would be a little bigger gain on the stock run, I guess I can mark that off my list of maybe's !!!