need to borrow.....

anmracing

Does anyone here have a spreadbore carb in good shape that I can borrow? It's not for the vette, I just need to get the Olds through emissions and my rochester is beat up (runs great-just too rich to pass). It's either that, or I could use an adapter to put a square bore Holley carb on the manifold. If anyone has one, I would love to have it on Sunday to get it ready for the dreaded emissions test. :banghead

Thanks!

M~

hmmm what's a spreadbore?

is that like a carter? if so, i may have a couple in storage - shape unknown - but wrapped in plastic bags for a LONG TIME

Guest Kens06

is that like a carter? if so, i may have a couple in storage - shape unknown - but wrapped in plastic bags for a LONG TIME

Spreadbore is an old Holley direct replacement for the Rochester Quadrajet!!

Small primaries and monster secondaries!!

Had two, one 700 and one 800 cfm, back in IL but they went in the dumpster when I moved out here!!

Ken

Spreadbore is an old Holley direct replacement for the Rochester Quadrajet!!

Small primaries and monster secondaries!!

Had two, one 700 and one 800 cfm, back in IL but they went in the dumpster when I moved out here!!

Ken

hmmm, if that's the case i'll have a look, i may run to storage tonight to pick up my other nitrous bottle so i can see if it fits in my current brackets - so while i'm there i'll pick through the carbs and see what i got!

Checker and Advance have an adaptor for $25. They did in Cottonwood anyway.

Bought one when I bought my new Holly. Raise your carb up about 3/4 of an inch though, still fit under a Vette hood, should be all set with the olds.

I thought that this crowd may have left the old carb days behind. Some of us still ride with 30-40 year old technology though. ;)

Yeah, I may have to make a trip to checker for an adapter-not sure the Holley is in much better shape though. :yesnod

thanks for checking though! :thumbs

M~

I thought that this crowd may have left the old carb days behind. Some of us still ride with 30-40 year old technology though. ;)

Yeah, I may have to make a trip to checker for an adapter-not sure the Holley is in much better shape though. :yesnod

thanks for checking though! :thumbs

M~

I've got two spreadbores, but one needs to be rebuild, another Bryan gave me, he rebuilt just before going to fuel injection. Was to rich for my car, your welcome to give it a try if you'd like. Not sure how much of a hurry your in, not going to be in the PHX area for a long while.

As for the adaptor, they had couple diffent kinds. There were in the section with all the chrome stuff they have for small blocks, I'm assuming most checkers and advance stores are setup the same. The one I bough came with two different(red) inserts and was the cheaper of the adaptors they had, works really well. I was glad they had it, didn't want to go through the hastle of changing the intake manifold.

I thought that this crowd may have left the old carb days behind.  Some of us still ride with 30-40 year old technology though.  ;)

Yeah, I may have to make a trip to checker for an adapter-not sure the Holley is in much better shape though.    :yesnod

thanks for checking though!  :thumbs

M~

I've got two spreadbores, but one needs to be rebuild, another Bryan gave me, he rebuilt just before going to fuel injection. Was to rich for my car, your welcome to give it a try if you'd like. Not sure how much of a hurry your in, not going to be in the PHX area for a long while.

As for the adaptor, they had couple diffent kinds. There were in the section with all the chrome stuff they have for small blocks, I'm assuming most checkers and advance stores are setup the same. The one I bough came with two different(red) inserts and was the cheaper of the adaptors they had, works really well. I was glad they had it, didn't want to go through the hastle of changing the intake manifold.

thanks Keith-I know you're going to be housebound for a while - when is that baby coming out?!

I was hoping to not have the car out of registration - due this week of course. Nothing like a late start. Usually it passes with cleaned up spark plugs, but the carb is just too far gone to dial it any lower. Naturally this happens when someone was nosing around asking if I'd sell the car. I promised it I wouldn't sell to just anyone, but J3 (the Olds' name) isn't buying that. You know how they act up when you think of selling....

You'll have to post pics of those fancy new suspension and brake parts (even if they are still in the boxes). I'd like to see how you progress with the 72. :thumbs

Later,

M~

thanks Keith-I know you're going to be housebound for a while - when is that baby coming out?!

I was hoping to not have the car out of registration - due this week of course. Nothing like a late start. Usually it passes with cleaned up spark plugs, but the carb is just too far gone to dial it any lower. Naturally this happens when someone was nosing around asking if I'd sell the car. I promised it I wouldn't sell to just anyone, but J3 (the Olds' name) isn't buying that. You know how they act up when you think of selling....

You'll have to post pics of those fancy new suspension and brake parts (even if they are still in the boxes). I'd like to see how you progress with the 72. :thumbs

Later,

M~

You know, I might be going to Harbor Frieght tomorrow to by a parts cleaner and press. I could bring down Bryans carb. Planning on going to the one off of I-17 and Bell.

Interested in the carb?

I was hoping to not have the car out of registration - due this week of course.  Nothing like a late start.  Usually it passes with cleaned up spark plugs, but the carb is just too far gone to dial it any lower.  Naturally this happens when someone was nosing around asking if I'd sell the car.  I promised it I wouldn't sell  to just anyone, but J3 (the Olds' name) isn't buying that.  You know how they act up when you think of selling....

You'll have to post pics of those fancy new suspension and brake parts (even if they are still in the boxes).  I'd like to see how you progress with the 72. :thumbs

Later,

M~

You know, I might be going to Harbor Frieght tomorrow to by a parts cleaner and press. I could bring down Bryans carb. Planning on going to the one off of I-17 and Bell.

Interested in the carb?

If you're in the hood, sure-

We're off the 51 by PV mall at Cactus. Call me if you're down this way and I can meet you or whatever

480-628-5214

Thanks Keith!

You know how they act up when you think of selling....

And if it sell's what will you replace it with???? coughC5cough :howdy

If you're in the hood, sure-

We're off the 51 by PV mall at Cactus. Call me if you're down this way and I can meet you or whatever

480-628-5214

Thanks Keith!

Sent you couple PM's

You know how they act up when you think of selling....

And if it sell's what will you replace it with???? coughC5cough :howdy

coughpartsfortheMoparcough....

Nice try Dwayne. You all know we have a four seater C5. It may be boring to look at but it still keeps up. :thumbs

Hope you guys all had a great day and the mystery cruise was the bomb!

M~

Thanks to Keith for the Rochester loan-we put it on and the car started right up. :thumbs

But, all is not smooth sailing, so we still may have to pull it and try the Holley. Thanks to the oil change extravaganza this weekend, we also found out adapter plate for the carb, so it won't set us back any more cash. Let me know if you think you'll be needing the carb back and I'll make sure you get it back. Otherwise, it will be in the parts bin until some other C3 person needs it. :yesnod

:burnout

M~

Thanks to Keith for the Rochester loan-we put it on and the car started right up.  :thumbs

But, all is not smooth sailing, so we still may have to pull it and try the Holley.  Thanks to the oil change extravaganza this weekend, we also found out adapter plate for the carb, so it won't set us back any more cash.  Let me know if you think you'll be needing the carb back and I'll make sure you get it back.  Otherwise, it will be in the parts bin until some other C3 person needs it.  :yesnod

:burnout

M~

Nope, don't need it. Holley guy now, so simple to work on compared to the Rochester.