Tuning - West side?

AZhitman

Being a rookie to the LS1, I'm finding that things are a bit different (you can't really "reflash" a Nissan ECU)... I've always gone to UMS Tuning for ECU / standalone engine management work. So, I guess my question is twofold: 1) Once I install my headers, catted x, Z06 catback, and intake, what's then involved in tuning it? (Car is stock at present, 59k miles) 2) Is this something where an off-the-shelf tune will suffice, or if a dyno tune is required, is there a place the locals recommend? Thanks in advance! :banannasword:

Everyone here will tell you to go to NicD, myself included, for a tune and pretty much stay away from those handheld jobs. With the mods you're doing a tune is not mandatory. If you plan further mods later I would wait until that time.

No question. NicD is an ACE member, and so are the guys at Loud Pedal. :party

fourseventeen

You missed the dyno day at LPM today ;) Good times. But yeah word has it that NicD is the man to see and LPM has the dyno.

Yep - Long day at work. OK, good to know - Guess I'll hold off until I decide to get a little more aggressive with mods. Thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...

Think I'll be touching base with LPM real soon. I'd like to have my fan settings adjusted, and a little tweak ofthe tune to take advantage of the CAI / headers... any events or dyno days coming up over there?

Guest azz061

Youll get a bit more than a tweak. My c5 z06 stock did a dyno of 331 rwhp Nic tuned it and did 371 rwhp on no mods! So lots of gain to get!

fourseventeen

He is but your best bet would be to email him I think nicdtuning@gmail.com

any events or dyno days coming up over there?

We'll be doing some stuff as soon as the weather breaks. It's too damn hot to BBQ on the asphalt. :lol

from a techs perspective nick realy knows his stuff, very qualified for dyno tunes and software calibrations. :thumbs

any events or dyno days coming up over there?

We'll be doing some stuff as soon as the weather breaks. It's too damn hot to BBQ on the asphalt. :lol

Cool - You've read what I'd like to accomplish, is that something I can schedule and wait for, or do I need to hop a flight back to Surprise from Tempe until it's done? ;)

Youll get a bit more than a tweak. My c5 z06 stock did a dyno of 331 rwhp Nic tuned it and did 371 rwhp on no mods! So lots of gain to get!

:huh

Cool - You've read what I'd like to accomplish, is that something I can schedule and wait for, or do I need to hop a flight back to Surprise from Tempe until it's done? ;)

Provided we have you scheduled and have all the parts that will be no problem. Give Mike a call on Tuesay mornin'.