• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• Bigfoot

• Ted Y

• FNBADAZ06

The housings are modified T3s, this is to work with the MOI of the smaller wheel. It keeps spool time within an acceptable range. When used in conjunction with the AMS1000 in the car, it should be very respectable.

They were CNC'ed to provide the flow characteristics that I wanted. They should support about 720 HP each as long as my abacus didn't lose any beads during the calculations.

Right on. I just emailed Comp Turbo and asked them if they could do some 60-65mm T3 or T4 oil-less turbos. That would be a sweet and fairly easy rear mount build. I'm not sure if STS would sell just the piping and intercooler, but if not Clay Forrester could handle the fab work for me if he's not too busy with other builds.

Sounds like a good idea for a build. I am not sure if you re familiar with this upstart, but RPM (Redline Performance Manufacturing) build my charge pipe, and dude, they did great work. They did not have the car and it fit perfectly. www.rpmheaders.com

Sounds like a good idea for a build.

I am not sure if you re familiar with this upstart, but RPM (Redline Performance Manufacturing) build my charge pipe, and dude, they did great work. They did not have the car and it fit perfectly.

www.rpmheaders.com

I'll check them out. STS just quoted me $4400 for the hot/cold/intercooler/blow off/wastegates. That seems a bit steep to me.

It is a bit steep, but every kit pays for a piece of the initial R&D, so there is more to it than just pipes and coating.

It is a bit steep, but every kit pays for a piece of the initial R&D, so there is more to it than just pipes and coating.

If I'm going to spend that kind of money I would rather have a custom system that fits tight to the car and has minimal silicone joints. I'm thinking of cancelling my extended warranty, getting that money, and doing rear mount twins. Leave it at 7 or 8 psi until I feel like building a forged motor worthy of 20+ psi. I still have an LS2 block, H-beam rods, studs, double roller timing chain, Comp pushrods, and other LS parts laying around.

Saw water coming out the tail pipes...Is that water injected? :LolLol: J/K Sounds nice! :thumbs

Saw water coming out the tail pipes...Is that water injected? :LolLol: J/K Sounds nice! :thumbs

:funnypost: Just trying to keep the greenies happy

Found a bone stock bottom end 99 FRC putting down 810rwhp with one Comp oil-less turbo. http://www.unleashed-performance.com/unleashed-810whp-turbo-c5-project/

Something else interesting is he used the 85mm truck MAF pre-turbo in a draw through setup.

Draw through allows for more headroom in the MAF, that's for sure.

Everything about that car makes my heart go biddy-bump.

It doesn't make my heart go "biddy-bump" but it does give me a "bump" in my happy place. :smilelol

• 4 weeks later...