NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Squatters Suck

Loud Pedal

Loud Pedal
:rant So I have been trying to score the domain name LOUDPEDAL.COM. I had no luck locating the registrant myself so I enlisted a company to track them down and see if they want to sell it. It is parked and dormant right now. I expected to shell out a few bucks for the name to one of these parasites and made a reasonable offer. I got the counter offer today... $25,000!!! :cuss These people and the ones who do the same thing with 800 numbers are the lowest form of life on earth ( well, maybe behind career politicians ). Rather than the domain name being used to create jobs and help refire our economic engine, it will sit parked doing nothing being hoarded by someone who wants something for nothing. :rant

wickedfastvette

I had the same problem with my website name and was patient and they finally let it lapse and I snagged it!

I know godaddy has a deal that lets you request the name, and as soon as it's available it snags it for you, so if whomever has it now forgets to renew right away, you'll get it. Or... For 20 grand, let me know who it is and I'll bring you their head in a plastic lined box. I'm savin' ya 5 large here....

I had the same problem with my website name and was patient and they finally let it lapse and I snagged it!

URL?

I've heard that before, from pro athletes. Apparently a pretty lucrative gig if you can get the domain name and hold out for payment.

I could get it done for 19.

Just don't offer your landscaper "a large amount of cash" to do it. Look where that got the step mom in Oregon :lol

That sucks Dave and it happened to us as well. We were lucky with the .com name recently as soon as it went up for grabs we snagged it and then just did a redirect for either the .net or .com. Now if we could just get the DCS.com that would be cool. We were sent mail by GoDaddy when the .com became available and bought it that day. Good luck on yours.

OK... 18. I need the cash.

wickedfastvette

OK... 18. I need the cash.

Dave I bet he would take 15.

Knock it off Cheyre!!! I gotz bills. Dave, how about 10G's cash, and 10G's credit at LPM?

dude .. I'm showing .net .org and .us is available ... unless you're dead set on .com ...??? just sayin

dude .. I'm showing .net .org and .us is available ... unless you're dead set on .com ...???

it will still be a while before the .org and .us become popular.

most peps know govermetn is .org, and every big boy business use .com

I think you can file a lawsuit against that person for blackmail, or theft of inteluctial peoperties. Something similar happened to madonna. A squatter was sitting on her domain name and not doing anything with it. the lawyers claimed that he was preventing her from operating her business, and holding out for cash from her. Plus she can show that "Madonna" was a brand and she was legeally intitled to it.

.. now if the guy made a madonna Blog site (no matter how bad) she would have lost.

While lawyers may cost you $20K, but look at the bright side.

... it will cost him $20K too.

ok here I found the article

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computin...rsquatter.reut/

I'd go with loudpedalmotorsports.com for a couple reasons........................ 1 - It reflects the whole business name 2 - Screw the squatter out of $25k 3 - Save LOUDMIKE from prison time

3 - Save LOUDMIKE from prison time

This is very important; I have mods to be done later this month. . . :smilelol:burnout

HELL, WITH THE $$$$ I'LL WORK FOR SOME MORE OF THAT TERRIFIC JERKEY! I'LL MAKE THEM AN OFFER THEY CAN'T REFUSE. :galletos:

Mike can't do time. Who would make the fruity slushy goodness if he did? :markdrink:

Guest LOUDMIKE

Mike can't do time. Who would make the fruity slushy goodness if he did? :markdrink:

Thanks all!!! You are spoiling all the fun but on the other hand fruity slushy goodness is always fun!!! hmmmm I guess i will have to dream about cracking skulls!!! :Dude:

Inmates are caught making "home brew" in prison all the time. Mike would be busy making fruity boozy goodness in the big house, too.

Inmates are caught making "home brew" in prison all the time. Mike would be busy making fruity boozy goodness in the big house, too.

for thoes that are interested here is a "HOW TO" on prison alcohol.. (naughty words in video)

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/67ba5cdf1...r&rel_pos=7

Loud Pedal

Thanks for all the feedback. I have considered most of your suggestions aside from the mob approach :lol. We do hold other domain names that will do but I tend to shy away from .net and .org names. I'll make one more reasonable counter offer then the dude can sit on it forever. I have registered the trademark so its not like they can do anything with it in a similar business without facing suit. So Cahd, when did you do research on making hooch in the pokey? :smilelol