NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C6 Z06 Aftermarket Tunnel Plate

StrongDoc

Hello gang. Does anyone know where i can pick up an aftermarket tunnel plate and maybe a heat shield here in the valley? preferably, scottsdale, tempe, chandler, north glendale, or NEAR mesa areas? i'm having muffler work done by Bromley's Corvettes on wednesday and would like the tunnel area tended to at the same time. thanks!

fourseventeen

may be a stupid question....BUT, whats the purpose of an aftermarket tunnel plate?

may be a stupid question....BUT, whats the purpose of an aftermarket tunnel plate?

i had mine installed to decrease the heat coming form the tunnel right next to my right leg. it works very very well in decreasing said heat. car also seems to ride smoother post-install (?). bonus i suppose.

fourseventeen

gotcha? is this on a pre 2007 z06? I heard some people complained about heat and noise on the 2005-2006 and I was told in 2007 they added things to prevent heat and reduce noise. I dont seem to have any issues with mine...yet. granted the longest I have driven it at one time was about 45 mins on the hwy.

gotcha? is this on a pre 2007 z06? I heard some people complained about heat and noise on the 2005-2006 and I was told in 2007 they added things to prevent heat and reduce noise. I dont seem to have any issues with mine...yet. granted the longest I have driven it at one time was about 45 mins on the hwy.

You are correct. '07 MY and later have additional insulation to minimize heat from the exhaust running thru the tunnel, with an added benifit of reducing interior "noise". Seems that some Z06 owners weren't to keen on what the Z06 was supposed to be.....a raw, light weight, road going semi-race car.

That's why the 2006 cars are the lightest (and some report more aggressively "tuned") than the later years.

When I start driving my car hard (over extended periods of time) you can definetly feel the additional heat eminate from the tunnel.

Besides teh heat thing, mine totally stiffened up this vert's chassis flex, something you C6 Z doods probably don't encounter. The stocker was about as thick as a beer can, pretty flimsy.

:agree

Much thicker adds much stiffness to the chasis. Old is the skinny one, new is the thick shiny one.

Posted Image

Plus the added heat shielding.

Posted Image

nope, mine is a 2007

I upgraded the 98 vert, but haven't seen much about the 08 yet, does it need a thicker one???