NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE Garage and Grill is coming together

Marco

Found the liquor license, finished the floor plan and have meetings scheduled with the city development team. Fire Marshall, Building Department, Health Department and whomever else they called in for the meeting that needs a hand out. lol.gif Decided to go full on bar with bar foods since the #6 lic. was reasonable. Then progressively move towards more food when our regulars tell us what they want. This will keep opening risk/cost down.

Will be looking for cool garage/man cave items for the decor if next week's meetings go well. So, hang on to the junk you're going to throw away. Anything hotrod-ish, biker-ish, Corvette parts, posters, pictures, key rings, old hoods, bumpers, headers, will need many axles and rims for seats and tables, complete set of turbos with gates and adapters that fit a C5 lol.gif etc. to make stuff out of or hang on walls.

Anyone have a critical eye? Take a look at the floor plan. The back patio, the bar under it, the cover on the front patio and a little reworking of openings and plumbing will be the only real alterations we need to make.

Suggestions on this new approach are appreciated as well at Suggestions welcome

Speak up bar dudes, you know who you are... cheers.gif

Link option Proposed plan to city

Visit My Website

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marco

• Big Poppa

• jstrutt

• az-gold

All I can say is GOOD LUCK. :xfinger I know nothing about the biz or what it takes to be successful at it, so I have no helpful inputs.

All I can say is GOOD LUCK. :xfinger I know nothing about the biz or what it takes to be successful at it, so I have no helpful inputs.

But you do know what you would like to see or eat when you go out.

Having lived in Payson for years, I'd suggest a discount for only those with all their teeth left intact, you'll save a fortune.... :party

But you do know what you would like to see or eat when you go out.

True, but the list is too long. :lol It's just whatever urge strikes. Mexican, Italian, Burgers, Steaks, etc.

Not a soup/salad kind of guy though. You can leave that off the list. :thumbs

Having lived in Payson for years, I'd suggest a discount for only those with all their teeth left intact, you'll save a fortune.... :party

No shirt no shoes no teeth no welcome

Good luck Marco & Lisa. Tough business. The key is "unique" in decor, food, etc. I've seen (and done) small bar/restaurants with less then 40 adults in town bring people from miles around for simple things like cheap wings, etc. Used as a "lost leader" they get them in and the bar makes up the difference. It's a little different now with the police presence and driving. Don't be afraid to dream and do. You can always change things as you grow. Reminds me of a small town rickety old bar just north of Jean, NV (25 mins south of LV) in a town called Goodsprings. Dump of a town with an old mining town bar. Nothing near fancy but packed all the time with bikers, old car enthusiasts, tourists, etc. jmho

:partydance: An ACE Clubhouse! :partydance: You hit all my menu favs, burgers, brats, dogs and wings.

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/main.html

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/Sharon_PA/

Very popular chain back east, aways pretty full when I've been there, good eats too!

Looks like an interesting place.

I'm not sure that another chain restraunt would be anything so unique where there are no doubt a half dozen there already.

Certainly unique will be key, but I think a primary consideration should be something that can be kept afloat in the winter as well...that is unless you do like DQ's do in the snow belt and shut down.

when you get close contact me; i have a direct connection with a resturant supply Importer. they sell to Sysco and then Sysco sells to the local. I also have several good leads on vendors and pc support for a POS system and leads on cooks. cheers chad

Damn, too bad that ceiling isn't higher or open. Have you stuck your head up in th attic yet? It'd be pretty cool to open up the ceiling and get some height, also a chance to do some cool decor in the trussess maybe?

There are 48 eating establishments in Payson. Look at what's there, check out their menus (online), find the gap, fill it.

Good info :yesnod:thumbs Keep it up and don't be shy. Black and Decker has regular meetings where everyone sits around a table and fires ideas at each other no matter how stupid or embarrassing they may be right off the top of their head. The thought behind this is a stupid idea could spark a good idea that can lead to a better product and/or new product :lol

Guest Kens06

Hey, We have never met so this is just talk! Have you done any kind of survey to find out if a new place to eat is needed?? You may be able to see Corvette traffic once a month or so, but that won't pay the everyday bills. But, if you find a nitch, you may be able to survive. Southwest calls for great BBQ beef, Chicken Fried Steak or huge steaks! Is your wife able to run that kind of shop? Running a restaurant/bar is tough! Good Luck with your choice! Ken

There are 48 eating establishments in Payson. Look at what's there, check out their menus (online), find the gap, fill it.

7 of the bigger sit down restaurants have gone out of business lately but there are more then a few of the small "strip fillers" ie. family pizza/sandwich shops and fast food places. None however serve mutton. :lol

Hey,

We have never met so this is just talk!

Have you done any kind of survey to find out if a new place to eat is needed??

You may be able to see Corvette traffic once a month or so, but that won't pay the everyday bills.

But, if you find a nitch, you may be able to survive.

Southwest calls for great BBQ beef, Chicken Fried Steak or huge steaks!

Is your wife able to run that kind of shop?

Running a restaurant/bar is tough!

Good Luck with your choice!

Ken

:agree When I was in Oklahoma a group of us went to a country bar/restaurant (no Town) that had 3 things on the menu..........20 ounce steaks, baked potato and Coor's. No salad, bread or extra crap. They only took reservations they were so busy.

My recent visit to that area, I couldn't believe the lack of bars, only resturant type lounges. Strawberry had a becent biker bar. No neighborhood type joints. Just a couple of rowdy places in Star Valley. I think a themed place would go over great there. And they could use a different type food joint, only a couple of places that are old, the usuuals and a couple of nicer places. The Elks club was jammed on saturday. Nothing else. I was wondering what the hell folks do there at night. Dairy Queen and some other joint was it it seemed.

old yeller

Marco, That is a tough business to start up like others have said. Another issue is will you be able to find decent help. A few people I know up there have a very tough time finding dependable help. Good luck and you know ACE will stop therer when we are in the area.

Marco,

That is a tough business to start up like others have said. Another issue is will you be able to find decent help. A few people I know up there have a very tough time finding dependable help. Good luck and you know ACE will stop therer when we are in the area.

Yeller man speak with forked tongue.....................If I'm in the area I'll be there.

Damn, too bad that ceiling isn't higher or open. Have you stuck your head up in th attic yet? It'd be pretty cool to open up the ceiling and get some height, also a chance to do some cool decor in the trussess maybe?

I know, It burned down in the 80's and rebuilt in the early 1990's. The roof consists of full span trusses on an 8 ft. plate line, so it's possible but a pain with the attic plumbing, commercial electrical system, roof mount ac units and all that restaurant crap. I could do it with your help though :lol

I know, It burned down in the 80's and rebuilt in the early 1990's. The roof consists of full span trusses on an 8 ft. plate line, so it's possible but a pain with the attic plumbing, commercial electrical system, roof mount ac units and all that restaurant crap. I could do it with your help though :lol

Happy to go take a look at it, just holla! Maybe not practical in the entire place but maybe around the bar area, opportunity to do something trick above the bar like make it look like the undercarriage of a car or something

Happy to go take a look at it, just holla! Maybe not practical in the entire place but maybe around the bar area, opportunity to do something trick above the bar like make it look like the undercarriage of a car or something

I suppose we could replace trusses in that area, not much infrastructure above the bar. Good idea, another possible. Oh, and yes I have stuck my head in the attic to fix 19 busted pipes after a freeze. Didn't get to it until summer. :banghead

I came up with lots of good ideas yesterday and you didn't list any of them but the camshaft towel holders and the garage doors.... What about the rest? :P I would say be careful not to get too genre specific. A lot of places try to be too 50's, or too hot rod, or too whatever. Just make sure everything is car guy inspired, but something that all car guys can dig. Even the ricers. Even the Harley guys. And hot young waitresses... A must. They don't have to be dressed all hooters style as that would turn off a lot of wives, but they should all be young hot and bubbly.