NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

short notice...Big Daddy's BBQ at 1:30 p.m. today

FNBADAZ06

Anybody that's interested...wanna keep that bbq theme going today so we're going to go over to Big Daddy's BBQ in Scottsdale for the Brontosaurus Beef Rib at 1:30 p.m. this afternoon.

Big Daddy’s BBQ is located at 8608 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale (the loop 101 and Shea Blvd. in the Pima Crossing Shopping Center).

480-609-0100 or visit http://bigdaddysbbqaz.com.

If interested, see you there around 1:30 p.m.

I'd like to go to this, but I'm still in NM. I decided to leave tomorrow.

wickedfastvette
Would love to go but still in Michigan, decided to leave.........well I don't know when yet. Have fun.

Food was good, but I think I like Famous Dave's brisket better, and it is a lot more expensive than LoveJoy's, which I think is one of the better bbq places in town. Parking is a little tough there as well. Overall a good experience, but I'm not sure I would make the drive from the westside again to explicetly go to this place.

old yeller

Wasn't in the state to go Victor. I ate at that place when it first opened and it was good.

That sucks, I just read this. If you want good BBQ, in old town Gilbert is a place called Joe's BBQ. Really good.

That sucks, I just read this. If you want good BBQ, in old town Gilbert is a place called Joe's BBQ. Really good.

You won't believe how good it is :wub

Maybe You and Lisa can meet me one night for dinner there. I love that place!!!

I may be spoiled by lotsa BBQ filled trips through TX, TN and the south, but I ate at Joe's in Giblet and really didn't like it. The sauce sucked, sides were only so so, and the meat was average at best. I was really disappointed as I had heard good things....

Kim and I drive from NE Phx for Joe's. I have to disagree with BP. We think the sauce is perfect and the sides are fresh home grown not the usual restaurant crap.

I thought the Brisket has always been good, but never tried the ribs. As for sides, the cheesy potatoes have a nice kick to them and I do not know how many different kinds of beans and meats they use for the baked beans. I think Joe's kicks Famous Daves A$%

I'm a HUGE fan of Famous Dave's Devil Spit BBQ sauce. I might have to give Joe's a try sometime, but LoveJoy's at 7th Street and Bell Road has some awesome stuff as well :thumbs

I'm a HUGE fan of Famous Dave's Devil Spit BBQ sauce. I might have to give Joe's a try sometime, but LoveJoy's at 7th Street and Bell Road has some awesome stuff as well :thumbs

I will have to give Lovejoys a try sometime soon and see if it lives up to Joe's. lol

I will have to give Lovejoys a try sometime soon and see if it lives up to Joe's. lol

We've been to Lovejoys a couple times but I prefer Joe's. We go to Joe's every couple months even though it's across town but haven't been to Lovejoys in a couple years.

There's also a new place at 3200 E. Thunderbird called "Notorius PIG". They just opened at Desertridge also. Kim and I agreed the food was average but the service stunk. Maybe because they're new. We may try them again in a few months.

Check your mail

Check your mail

Bryan's Black Mountain Barbecue in Cave Creek is good, and of course Dillon's in Peoria area is good.

Desertdawg

There's a real dump, hole-in-the-wall kind of place in gila bend, but I hear it's only open once a year!!! I like Famous Daves sauce, and the El Paso BBQ joints had some good meat, I always took home a bottle of rib rub from there!

wickedfastvette

Really hard to find good BBQ in Arizona, found several great places in Texas and Memphis, most places in AZ over cook the ribs or should I say cook them to fast. I do like famous daves Devil spit sauce though.

The best BBQ I have ever had was in TEXAS and they smoked there meat right outside the old fashion way. Everything was fresh and the ribs, brisket, chicken was all made from heaven. But ofcourse it was not a major food chain, but a small no name just loves to cook for a living family resuraunt. Man I need to go back there!

You westsiders should try Memphis Best at 608 E. Monroe in Buckeye. It's a Mom and Pop place run by a retired marine and the food is great!

Desertdawg

You westsiders should try Memphis Best at 608 E. Monroe in Buckeye. It's a Mom and Pop place run by a retired marine and the food is great!

Been there done that... a few times! :thumbs

I didn't know you were brave enough to go that far west Eddie :lol You should have called!