NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

P1415

TheCMSH

Ok, car started running a little rough of late and Saturday on the way home is kicked the check engine light. Throwing the code P1415 "Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System Bank 1" Ok Corvette tech doods, is that in all liklihood the check valve on the drivers side?

The only stuff in the service manuals are to check all the air tubes, hoses, and pipes for being connected, clamps are secure on pipes and hoses, no kinks, holes, or pinched hoses/pipes and components for heat damage. If that's ok it says to replace the check valve. Of course it's got lots of checks to run with the Tech II scanner to see for sure, but without that....this is what you've got. It also mentions checking any other codes that may be present as well.

Yeah, no other codes. At least that's the easy side to change the check valve

Well, I thought the same with my P0443 but I'm still not sure it's fixed. Haven't driven her for about a week now either though.

corvettech

ya this one could be tricky without a tech2, but not impossible. does the air pump and the air solonoid come on? best time to check is on cold start up

ya this one could be tricky without a tech2, but not impossible. does the air pump and the air solonoid come on? best time to check is on cold start up

Thanks for the tip! Will check that before I go buy the part

Ok, got the part (finally.....thank you Manny Moe & Jack). 5 minute job and about 2 hours of running around tracking this thing down. FYI, tough part to find: 2 Dealerships: No, have to order from warehouse Checker: No, have to order - 3 to 5 days Autozone: No, two stores supposedly had the part but both were dimensionally incorrect by a mile Finally drove to Pep Boys and they had a Borg Warner in stock at half the price of the dealership I need a beer.........but it's fixed! :banghead