NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Question for any Realestate person

ChadC

Im interviewing Agents to list my home and im wondering what (if any) gossip or talk around the campfire is about either agent. I know agents have to deal with other agents and I wonder what other agents think of the 2 people listed below. Robert Holt Re/Max Sonoral Hills The Holt Group. Kim Decker Century 21 Arizona Foothills Thanks for any feed back. cheers chad

Im interviewing Agents to list my home and im wondering what (if any) gossip or talk around the campfire is about either agent.

I know agents have to deal with other agents and I wonder what other agents think of the 2 people listed below.

Robert Holt

Re/Max Sonoral Hills

The Holt Group.

Kim Decker

Century 21 Arizona Foothills

Thanks for any feed back.

cheers

chad

My wife works for Century 21 and hasnt heard of either of these folks. She would be happy to meet with you, I am sure she can give you the best possible deal. PM me if you want her number or website.

Final Effort

My experience says go only with an agent that is a full time agent. Not somebody that that sells real estate part time.

My experience says go only with an agent that is a full time agent. Not somebody that that sells real estate part time.

agreed,

I have narrowed it down to these two.

One is nice, understands my needs and how to use technonly to their advantage. They closed 52 homes in the past 6 months in my area. That is a respectiable number.

the other is very honest, confident, and confortable at what they are doning. They closed 135 homes in the past 6 months.

With that volume of closures, ya tend to learn a thing or two about deal making and what makes things work. They know the system VERY well.

What im catious of is if the High volume person a complete prick to other agents. Enough so that they may not want to deal with them, and I could loose out on possible buyers. Or with that many closings could I loose out on customer service? (not that i need a lot of hand holding anyways)

cheers

cahd

What im catious of is if the High volume person a complete prick to other agents. Enough so that they may not want to deal with them, and I could loose out on possible buyers. Or with that many closings could I loose out on customer service? (not that i need a lot of hand holding anyways)

Chad, who really cares. Both agents could be pricks but either way they both will make $$$ off your sale. You've dealt with a prick even though it was probably your own orange one............... :lol:lol Good luck with the sale!

Chad, who really cares. ..

I do and here is why.

average joe only has limited access to the current listings (Zilllow, ZIP, and remax are not 100% current. They pay for their IDX information and uploads). So the Agent will scour throught the local MLS ( in AZ its called ARMLS a private company) to find the right home for mr. joe.

When looking at hundreds of listings as an agent you only take 1.2 seconds to evaulate if the Featuers/Cons/Price for your client. When you look at the Listing Agent of a possible home for your customer you see a bad one..

"oh great. last time I worked with this agent, they *(insert)*"

* delayed closing by 3 weeks because they forgot the paperwork

* haggeled over a $110 item

* never returned my calls, and was working another part time job somewhere else.

* Was a complete moron and hadent a clue

* was an absoulte grinder during negoations and wore me out!

Then to save your client's sanity you choose not to suggest it, and move on.

After the tax credit the amount of buyers acorss the US dropped by 32%. There simply are not that many buyers out there right now. So I have to make every logical effort to give me the ABSOULTE BEST chance of selling my home in a reasionable time.

Make sure they give you a marketing plan and stick to it. Last home I sold they used a professional photog to take pictures for the listing. I think it made a difference vs. the ones who use a cell phone cam. It's all about marketing! The only other thought, is make sure they are offering the BA the normal percent. If they are lowballing the BA, they may be reluctant to show. Roger

im good with a camera and probably take my own pictuers. brain fart.. whats a BA?

Thx snails

The only other thought, is make sure they are offering the BA the normal percent. If they are lowballing the BA, they may be reluctant to show.

While I have not thought about that, but If I was aware of it I would have said hell no in a second.

Its not smart to cut the commission of someone whom is working for you/bringing buyers in and that is the only means of payment.

What are you looking to do/go after the sale?

Enquiring minds want to know. :lol

Your mom said i can stay with her a while...

J/K :lol

im going to bury an overseas transport crate in the desert and live under ground.

Give me power and a cell signal and im good.

im going to bury an overseas transport crate in the desert and live under ground.

Just remember to register with the local police department. In all honesty, agents with a high volume like those aren't handling contracts or selling everything themselves. So there is probably a team involved. Just ask lots of questions.

Just remember to register with the local police department. In all honesty, agents with a high volume like those aren't handling contracts or selling everything themselves. So there is probably a team involved. Just ask lots of questions.

Excellent point Ted.

In all honesty, agents with a high volume like those aren't handling contracts or selling everything themselves. So there is probably a team involved. Just ask lots of questions.

good obvseration. Yea it a duo Husband and wife team (4 people) with some staff employees. He does the showings and most of the face to face contact while his wife does a lot of the back end work.

He has already stated that there will be times that I communicate with his assisant and not him. And im ok with that.

Bump for original question.

what is their streed cred like?

You might consider asking them for references. Since you are a "seller," ask them for previous clients for whom they have sold a property . If they can't give you references, why not? If they do, then you can talk to someone who has personal experience with that agent from a client's perspective. Also, look them up with the licensing board. This will let you see how long they've been licensed, how much they move around between companies, and if there have been any complaints against them.

Also, look them up with the licensing board. This will let you see how long they've been licensed, how much they move around between companies, and if there have been any complaints against them.

what is this you speak of? what is this called? is there an online resource perhaps?

Also, look them up with the licensing board. This will let you see how long they've been licensed, how much they move around between companies, and if there have been any complaints against them.

what is this you speak of? what is this called? is there an online resource perhaps?

Here:

http://www.azre.gov/

:rockon2: chad check out website--dawn@dawn4real. excellent realator, in business long time, full time realator. her website tells it all

I'll go ahead and assume you've already asked each of them for a list of the 5 recent clients that you can contact for reference? Bottom line is the agent will not make that much of a difference if your house is priced right.

I'll go ahead and assume you've already asked each of them for a list of the 5 recent clients that you can contact for reference?

Bottom line is the agent will not make that much of a difference if your house is priced right.

I agree with getting the list but does anyone really think they'll give you the one's they know are pissed off?

MY only concern with a high volume agent is they may not be looking to get you max dollar for your home. They are likely to talk you into accepting a lower offer to make their money and get out. If they talk you down $20k, their commission isn't affected as much and encourages them to make the sale fast.

Excerpt - Wired.com

The best way to observe information asymmetry at work is to measure how an expert treats you versus how he performs the same service for himself. Real estate provides the perfect opportunity, since housing sales are a matter of public record, and real estate agents often do sell their own homes. Recent data covering the sale of nearly 100,000 houses in suburban Chicago show that more than 3,000 of those houses were owned by agents.

Before plunging into the data, a question: What is the agent's incentive when selling her own home? Simple: to make the best deal possible. Presumably, this is also her incentive when selling your home; after all, her commission is based on the sale price. And so your incentive and the agent's incentive would seem to be nicely aligned. But commissions aren't as simple as they seem. First of all, a 6 percent commission is typically split between the seller's agent and the buyer's. Each agent then kicks back half of her take to her agency. Which means that only 1.5 percent of the purchase price goes directly into your agent's pocket.

So on the sale of your $300,000 house, her personal take of the $18,000 commission is $4,500. Still not bad, you say. But what if the house was worth more than $300,000? What if, with a little more effort and patience, she could have sold it for $310,000? After the commission, that puts an additional $9,400 in your pocket. Yet the agent's additional share - her personal 1.5 percent - is a mere $150. So maybe your incentives aren't aligned after all. Is the agent willing to put out all that extra time and energy for just $150?

There's one way to find out: measure the difference between the sales data for houses that belong to real estate agents themselves and the houses they sold on behalf of clients. Using the information from those 100,000 Chicago homes, and controlling for any number of variables - location, age and quality of the house, aesthetics, and so on - it turns out an agent keeps her own home on the market an average of 10 days longer and sells it for an extra 3-plus percent, or $10,000 on a $300,000 house. When she sells her own house, an agent holds out for the best offer; when she sells yours, she pushes you to take the first decent offer that comes along. Like a stockbroker churning commissions, she wants to make deals and make them fast. Why not? Her share of a better offer - $150 - is too puny an incentive to encourage her to do otherwise. So her job is to convince you that a $300,000 offer is in fact very good, even generous, and one that only a fool would refuse.

A close friend just sold his house last week for 450 K, he paid an up front charge of 3 K to cover marketing cost and that is it, of course the buyers agent will get his 3%. Like some have said, it's very important to have it priced right, have the house clean and move stuff out that clutter when the listing comes out. Old listings are passed up as people think that if it wasn't bought in short order it must not be a good deal. My brother sold his house with one of the companies that just list it on the MLS for 1300 bucks, it's the MLS that sells the house anyway, then he would show it after work.