NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Feel good story....

MOTV8

Desertdawg

They're getting 1.2 million after taxes, how could you quit your job with just that???

LOVE IT!!! Take that DODGE!!! :smilelol Yeah, no way to quit on just 1.2 million. I'd still work. Unless...you budget and invest wisely.

They're getting 1.2 million after taxes, how could you quit your job with just that???

I could easily retire on that - the interest alone (even at today's rotten rates) would be more than I make. . .

You'd have to get at least 4% to make 48,000 a year, pre tax. I don't think there's a savings account out there that gets that. I could be wrong.

"That's it," he said, looking over at his new Corvette. "I've got my dream."

Think he would of got more than a base model...just sayin'

Posted Image

You'd have to get at least 4% to make 48,000 a year, pre tax. I don't think there's a savings account out there that gets that. I could be wrong.

I wish I made that much. . .

Well, our current "savings" account earns 0.03% or a whopping $360 a year on 1.2 million. :toetap What a load of crap. You work for the govt. right? Would have sworn you made better than that.

Well, our current "savings" account earns 0.03% or a whopping $360 a year on 1.2 million. :toetap

What a load of crap.

You work for the govt. right? Would have sworn you made better than that.

"Savings" accounts are a joke these days. It would have to be invested in other things that actually make money.

Yes, I work for the government. All state workers took a pay reduction effective yesterday, and must take 6 unpaid days off in the next year, and 6 more the year after that. . .my agency's budget has been cut 47% over the last three years. The building I work in is like a ghost town.

The last statistics I saw placed Arizona with the second lowest state government employee wages in the nation - only Mississippi pays their state employees less. What a dubious distinction. . . :ack

That explains it. I thought you were Federal employee. I know what you mean about budjet cuts. Our district has seen cuts around 20+ million in the last 3 years.