NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

blower motor not putting out

1jester

Any suggestions? took the car in thinking it was down on freon. mechanic said it was cold but reduced air coming from vents. fan speeds change with the speed control lever, but not much force. anyone have any suggestions? blower motor, vent controls or temp sender on dash?

Guest Sidewinder

Any suggestions? took the car in thinking it was down on freon. mechanic said it was cold but reduced air coming from vents. fan speeds change with the speed control lever, but not much force. anyone have any suggestions? blower motor, vent controls or temp sender on dash?

HVAC codes?

Could that be an actuator issue? I thought they had that fixed on the later C5's so just a shot in the dark. There is a procedure for pulling fuses to re-index the actuators, it's somewhere on the big board

Could that be an actuator issue? I thought they had that fixed on the later C5's so just a shot in the dark. There is a procedure for pulling fuses to re-index the actuators, it's somewhere on the big board

I don't know. it's all Greek to me. just hate to have a blower motor installed then find out it's some other rinky-dink part. was there problems with C5's in the past with "actuators"?

MY C6 HAS A CABIN FILTER DO YOU HAVE ONE? IF SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK AND SEE HOW DIRTY IT IS.

Did it get married? they usually stop putting out shortly thereafter....

MY C6 HAS A CABIN FILTER DO YOU HAVE ONE? IF SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK AND SEE HOW DIRTY IT IS.

No cabin filter on C5's...that I know of.

Does the air come out of all vents at once? Are you able to switch from defrost to floor to dash vents and it work correctly? If yes to the first and no to the second, it is probably a problem with the actuators that divert the airflow.

2 choices. A: the blower moter is starting to fail/not enough electricty. B: blockage To tryand fix the blockage my thinking is to blow compress air and reverse 'flush' the condenser and heating coil. while im just spitballing here but Im sure it will be real messy. and im referring to a real air compreser, not the can air stiff from Office max. Blower moter failing.... Hmm if there was a way to get 12 volts directely to the moter. From my memory the HVAC system does do a varabile control to the moter and the varabile control may be failing (think kink in a garden hose). I THINK there is a diagnoistic testing function on the Tech 2 that makes the system cycle through all the electrical parts. That would be one way to tes if its a 'kink in the hose' or a failing moter.

Guest Sidewinder

Do this Do the proceedure to pull up your codes, after test is done cycle back through to the HVAC page. With the blower motor on high press the and hold the reset for about 2 or 3 secs and that will cycle your actuators. If the airflow does not change I would say there may be something blocking the flow. If the flow increases and decreases its the actuator. The actuators usually will dispaly a code like mine did.

Does the air come out of all vents at once?

Are you able to switch from defrost to floor to dash vents and it work correctly?

If yes to the first and no to the second, it is probably a problem with the actuators that divert the airflow.

Thats exactly it. it comes out of all vents at the same time, no matter what position you have it on. I'll try to re-set the actuators in the morning. no hvac codes popped.

Do this

Do the proceedure to pull up your codes, after test is done cycle back through to the HVAC page. With the blower motor on high press the and hold the reset for about 2 or 3 secs and that will cycle your actuators. If the airflow does not change I would say there may be something blocking the flow. If the flow increases and decreases its the actuator. The actuators usually will dispaly a code like mine did.

Press the ( ?) and hold the reset...?

Out of all vents...well this could be your problem then as well. Mine was doing the same thing when I got her and I found this.

Posted Image

It's in the passenger fenderwell above the PCM with 3 vaccumm lines attached. If you don't have luck with the other possible fixes try to see if this is broken. It's a vaccumm switch valve or something like that and runs through the firewall up to the actuator. Mine threw no codes when I had the problem.

Guest Sidewinder

Does the air come out of all vents at once?

Are you able to switch from defrost to floor to dash vents and it work correctly?

If yes to the first and no to the second, it is probably a problem with the actuators that divert the airflow.

Thats exactly it. it comes out of all vents at the same time, no matter what position you have it on. I'll try to re-set the actuators in the morning. no hvac codes popped.

Do this

Do the proceedure to pull up your codes, after test is done cycle back through to the HVAC page. With the blower motor on high press the and hold the reset for about 2 or 3 secs and that will cycle your actuators. If the airflow does not change I would say there may be something blocking the flow. If the flow increases and decreases its the actuator. The actuators usually will dispaly a code like mine did.

Press the ( ?) and hold the reset...?

Pull your codes.

After the DIC is done pulling all your codes cycle back to the HVAC page

With blower on high press and hold the reset button for 2 or 3 seconds (like your resetting your codes)

My thoughts, exactly.

My thoughts, exactly.

I heard that BP put a wedding ring on the oil well to stopit... and it stoped putting out..... back to the air volume. I reset the DIC codes (although none were showing, as per instructions and air still coming out of all vents. by method of elimination can we say that the vacuum valve might be the problem as mentioned by Bigfoot? Who has a shop that can check this out. I'm leaving across country in the next month for a 3000 mile road trip and would like the air working well. Does LPM work on this, or only performance stuff. thanks. Mike

:smilelol:smilelol Beat me to it.....................

Does LPM or any other shop do these repairs. I hate to get reamed by the dealer.?

Does LPM or any other shop do these repairs. I hate to get reamed by the dealer.?

Classic Gold could handle it I'm sure

Classic Gold could handle it I'm sure

Thanks, Jim.