NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

new car pics

Guest 06yumavette

Guest 06yumavette

cyber grey! they had a top in stock but no hardware... its at the paint shop today and hardware will be here sat fed ex will get it monday.. hmm a holiday!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• HOXXOH

• Bigfoot

• corvettech

Good Luck with the new wheels Tom. Sharp under the flourescents, will really be the bomb under daylight.

Sweet!!! Glad you have a new baby so soon. You feeling better?

corvettech

it came in from palmdale round 8 yesterday i got it in my stall round 10 am this morning, gave it a good once over then a twice over then i cleaned off the drool. charged up the battery ( corvettes have a tendancy to catch lot rot ) handed it over to detail before noon. i must say it was a good choice in color, the matching wheels realy set it off. just make sure you have fun driving it (away from tempe and light rails)

I'd still like to hear HOW he got hit by the train. :confused

I thought he had in an earlier post...something about a blind spot.

I'd still like to hear HOW he got hit by the train. :confused

I thought he had in an earlier post...something about a blind spot.

He said the train was in his blind spot, he turned left and it hit him on the drivers side.

So no lights or barriers to warn a train was coming?

The trains flow with traffic. If you're sitting in a left turn lane it should display a red arrow to hopefully prevent you from turning in front of a train. The train will have the thru signal as the traffic going the same direction however you shouldn't be making a left in front of it. Once your left turn signal comes on the train should have a solid stop signal. There are no barriers. Most people don't know but the trains have a signal of their own. If the line on that signal is vertical it means they can proceed if the line on the signal is horizontal it means the train has to stop.

You really ought to come into the big city more often Sean :lol

They try to discourage West Siders from coming across town so they make mass transportation hard to get to. No light rail over here.

So no lights or barriers to warn a train was coming?

The trains flow with traffic. If you're sitting in a left turn lane it should display a red arrow to hopefully prevent you from turning in front of a train. The train will have the thru signal as the traffic going the same direction however you shouldn't be making a left in front of it. Once your left turn signal comes on the train should have a solid stop signal. There are no barriers. Most people don't know but the trains have a signal of their own. If the line on that signal is vertical it means they can proceed if the line on the signal is horizontal it means the train has to stop.

You really ought to come into the big city more often Sean :lol

I drove by the scene the following day and judging by the evidence (debris) I saw, the accident happened differently than you picture it.

I'm making an assumption here based on previous posts, as only Tom and Corvettech know the facts. I doubt that either of them will mention specifics here, as the accident will be litigated.

I suspect they were headed South on River Drive approaching Apache and preparing to turn left (East), which required crossing the tracks. The light being green as they neared the intersection then changed and didn't allow them time to safely stop. The train driver, who was headed East on Apache and having lots of experience on that route, guessed the light would be green for him by the time he crossed the intersection, so never slowed down. The combination of timing between Tom at the tail end of the signal change and the train at the start, put them both in the same space at the same time.

Of course, that's all speculation on my part, except the same space/same time deal. :burnout2

Desertdawg

Let me just say the train engineer, even if he truly is experienced on that route will not "guess:" that the light will be green. They are moving tons of equipment and guessing is not part of the game when it comes to making moves. Plus all of the signal system is interconnected with the street light system. there are safety mechanisms in place to prevent a conflicting route for either the train or the traveling public. I hate to say it, but I bet Tom just made a bone head move and in conjunction with his blind spot he cut in front of the train.

I was just going on the statement that the train was in his blind spot. The only time you'd have a blind spot is if the train was coming up behind you. If it's coming from the side you don't have a blind spot, particularly when it's coming on your side.

corvettech

ill talk to tom about the legal stuff, if its okay to give details. no comment for now sorry

I was just going on the statement that the train was in his blind spot. The only time you'd have a blind spot is if the train was coming up behind you. If it's coming from the side you don't have a blind spot, particularly when it's coming on your side.

I see your point, but can't picture how it occured.

We'll all find out later.

Let me just say the train engineer, even if he truly is experienced on that route will not "guess:" that the light will be green. They are moving tons of equipment and guessing is not part of the game when it comes to making moves.

Plus all of the signal system is interconnected with the street light system. there are safety mechanisms in place to prevent a conflicting route for either the train or the traveling public.

I hate to say it, but I bet Tom just made a bone head move and in conjunction with his blind spot he cut in front of the train.

These aren't REAL trains, as in high speed and long distance hauling. They're nothing more than steel wheeled electric busses on a track. I doubt the driver (not really an engineer even if that's the title) had much more training than a bus driver either. These guys are amateurs in comparison to the professionals you work with.

While I agree Tom might be at fault, I'm not placing bets on this one. Stay tuned. :tv: