NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

What is Wrong with MechanicsThese Days? URRRG

Wishbone

I am just venting and I understand that this does not apply to every mechanic out there that do it for a living. But I feel in general, mechanics these days have lost creativity and problem solving skills to figure out problems. With all of the technology these days, mechanics are relying on computers and kicking the basics to the cub. Of course we all know some of our other fellow ACE members were having problems with simple things that were mist when shouldn't have been. Now I just took my car in for an over heating problem which I am not kosher with. The temps have actually tipt past 253 degrees and started shutting off luxury items that were not essential for operation. This just started last week. It has caused damage to my hood liner that SLAMMER made for me, my painted covers that I paid to have painted all chipped up. NOW I get it back and the problem is still there WTF. This is not difficult to figure out and solve. I cannot believe it but my mechanic did not even take it out and test drive it in al operational modes. They just tested it in DOGOMATIC WTF. This is not a grocery getter, this is a SPORTS CAR. Once I started testing out the car in sport mode with shifting my paddles YUP you guessed it the temps went sky rocket to the moon. So now my baby is going back into the F'N shop once more for the same problem. This royally sucks :cfdeadagain

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wishbone

• Two Fangs

• Big Poppa

• ELESWUN

Top Posters In This Topic

fourseventeen

I dunno bout everyone else but I wouldnt want some mechanic out racing my car around on a test drive lol.

I think the main reason is because most mechanics are underpayed and treated poorly, so they in turn care a lot less about the work they do. Something I have noticed from being in the field for a while. An happy mechanic is a careless mechanic.

Yes I agree O dont want them to race my car such as red line the engine, burning the tires, 150 miles per hour on the freeway. But that doesn't mean that they cant run through the different gears in different rmp ranges while in the different modes! I agree with you about mechanics not careing. When I owned my own mechanic shop in the 90's I had a lot of pride for the work I did. If I had to work for somebody else and was underpaid overworked would tick me off. Would be any different then any of the rest of us in different career fields overworked, underpaid, not recognized for their achievments.

Desertdawg

I just hope Mike the Mad Hungarian from LPM doesn't see this, he'll probably crap slushy goodness all over the place :eek

With all of the technology these days, mechanics are relying on computers and kicking the basics to the cub.

I agree with the above statement, although these days technicians have to rely on computers. Sometimes a little too much.

Have you tried Pep Boys?

Maybe they are too lazy to bend over and look for a plastic bag in the shrroud? :lol

Loud Pedal

I just hope Mike the Mad Hungarian from LPM doesn't see this, he'll probably crap slushy goodness all over the place :eek

:smilelol

No shiz, I had my Jeep in many shops for years because of frequent intermittent stalling and not being able to start for long periods of time after. Every time I got it back, there I would be stalling out again, holding up traffic in the middle of the intersections, driveways, freeways, in the middle of relations w/ myself :unsure........................... . Started thinking it was possessed. Finally one day I pushed it into the Exxon after stalling out there and decided to help the "mechanic", with the hood up I heard a weird click from a 20 dollar relay. In their defense though, no one could ever reproduce the problem at the shops.

No shiz, I had my Jeep in many shops for years because of frequent intermittent stalling and not being able to start for long periods of time after. Every time I got it back, there I would be stalling out again, holding up traffic in the middle of the intersections, driveways, freeways, in the middle of relations w/ myself :unsure . Started thinking it was possessed. Finally one day I pushed it into the Exxon after stalling out there and decided to help the "mechanic", with the hood up I heard a weird click from a 20 dollar relay.

In their defense though, no one could ever reproduce the problem at the shops.

That was YOU?

Do you know how many times I've had to swerve, blow horn, look the other way while you were engaged in relations with yourself, etc.

:eek

No shiz, I had my Jeep in many shops for years because of frequent intermittent stalling and not being able to start for long periods of time after. Every time I got it back, there I would be stalling out again, holding up traffic in the middle of the intersections, driveways, freeways, in the middle of relations w/ myself :unsure . Started thinking it was possessed. Finally one day I pushed it into the Exxon after stalling out there and decided to help the "mechanic", with the hood up I heard a weird click from a 20 dollar relay.

That was YOU?

Do you know how many times I've had to swerve, blow horn, look the other way while you were engaged in relations with yourself, etc.

...some good Samaritan...

That was YOU?

...some good Samaritan...

Sorry man, there ARE some things I won't lend a hand for.

Ya shoulda had the number for the local "Southbound Reach Around" chapter on ya.

I got yer "good Samaritan".

how would he know if there was blood in his stool ..

..or if it was cherry flavoring?

Posted Image

Not to hijack (I would never...) but... Our cars suck up dust like a hoover, and it gets impregnated in the radiator, clogging the fins and causing the overheating problems. Every summer I take the radiator loose and clean out the fins, as well as the AC condenser. I have yet to do it this year, and I'm already paying for it with high temps. I recommend you (and everyone else here) do the same. It really does make a big difference. I'd also adjust the fan turn-on temps lower so as to start combating the problem at a lower temp.

I'LL BRING DOWN MY PAINT KIT AND BRUSHES. I'll get that hood liner back to looking good for you. On the mechanic subject, The longer you have been doing your job the more knowledge and experiance you gain. It's sometime as easy as recalling back to a past experiance that you worked on and struggled with and solved. I can tell you were really mad because the curb was cub and you missed using your spell checker on mist. I won't bust your balls any more I been there buddy! Maybe you can take it to my favorite place in the world in Tempe. You know they just moved. I won't :deadhorse First thing I would check is the thermostat that is a cheep fix. You know your spoiled when you can't run your car with out running the A/C full blast. Remember its a dry heat. Use the OKIE A/C you know 2 20. Two windows down and 20 miles a hour. *note if you go 60 mph its cooler, really!! SLAMMER

I'm not 100% sure BP, but I don't think the C6 has quite the same problem with dirt in the radiator/condensor that us C5 guys do. But I may be wrong.

I'm not 100% sure BP, but I don't think the C6 has quite the same problem with dirt in the radiator/condensor that us C5 guys do. But I may be wrong.

I'm not sure either....

OK, first and foremost, my car has the VARAM kit installed so the plastic shroud that is usually in front of the radiator and the air kit rests on is gone. All I have is Radiator and VARAM thats it. Yes Chris the Detail King cleans the engine compartment more than I clean my own house. So the radiator is clean with nothing in the fins. The shop replaced the thermostat this last time it was in the shop. Nothing, still overheating and now I have another serious problem. The Mother F'R that hit my front bumper pushed the passenger fender back and the door is binding up OMG I am about to blow a gasket. Somebody is going to die for sure. Like I said before Tim the Toolman was taking his horriable problems much better then I can.

OK what gives I called Twice 30 minutes apart and was on hold for 10 minutes both times LPM who are you talking too, they are holding up the line? Well when you get a chance Dave call me!

Say what? Maybe we should change the flux capacitor?

joe@cpr.com

Say what? Maybe we should change the flux capacitor?

umm what kind of comment is that? eleswun (steve) offered something easy to check and you post that? the amount of corvette knowledge he has is beyond anyone on this board so try something simple to rule things out or better yet just keep taking it back to the place you did before. i understand it's a message board and people make smart remarks but sometimes it pisses me off when it's not needed.