NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Tossed up between run craps for safety and traction and grip for performance

Wishbone

Ok everybody my tires are down to the limits pretty much and it looks like I am going to need to get a set of 4 brand new tires. I am really happy with how much time I have gotten out of my current tires that came with the car which are Firestones. I really like the feature of run flats and longevity, but would also like to see a better grip and performance. What are the going prices going on right now and where are people buying from?

If you have the cash, Michelin PS2 ZP's will get you better performance, and they are still run-flats. If you don't want to spend like a ballah... I have been quite happy with the Nitto NT05's I put on my car. I had a set of non run flat PS2's a while ago, and I still like them better, but the NT05's are drastically less money.

fourseventeen

Bridgestone Pole Position run flats. they are a real nice ride and better traction then the runcraps. fronts 275/38/18. rear 325/30/19 everything mounted, balanced tax and all came out to 1660.50

Got the ps2's and they are EXPENSIVE!!! BUT.....the grip is AWESOME. I went from run craps to ps2's and almost hit a curb because I wasn't use to the grip! Ya get what ya pay for with the ps2's.

Nitto Invos.

Need a home equity loan for the Michelins.

My man ain't lying about the home equity loan...

Invo's are good for goin slow, NT05's if you want more grip.

If you have the cash, Michelin PS2 ZP's will get you better performance, and they are still run-flats.

I have the Michelin run flats, and really like them. I got them at Discount Tire, and thought their pricing was pretty reasonable. You might check with Andrew (anmracing2) - he works at Discount and might be able to help ya out. . .

Guest LOUDMIKE

We can get the tires fairly cheap it is just finding the mounting and balancing that We will not touch here. Let us know if we can help!!

wickedfastvette

I have the goodyear F1 supercars on my car and love em! Drastic difference over the goodyears that the car came with.

Awesome and I new that there would be a lot of different answers to this question. Of course it is all personal preference. But as far as performance goes, I have no problem keeping up with the pack EVER when we go on runs and I am using the FIREHAWKS now. They have a really long tread life and are runflats. So in my case I wonder if going the ultra grip route would be a waste of money if I have to change them in half the time and for double the price. Man $1600 for just tires is insane, call me MR. Broke

I'm about 2-3,000 miles away from ordering my 2nd set of Invos. Got 34,600 on the OEM GY RFs. I'm at 30,600 on the Invos now. They stuck as good as I needed for the first 20K, but are getting a little slippery lately. I've got a GTO skinny spare for road trips.