NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

UFC 116: Lesnar vs Carwin

MOTV8

UFC #116 this weekend finally matches up the BIG heavyweights Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin.... :galletos: So...who ya got? Discuss. Vegas has Lesnar favored btw, but I'll take Carwin to KO him in the 2nd.... :ken:

This should be a good one, but I think I gotta go with Lesnar. If he's as healthy as they claim, he will be a challenge for anyone on the planet. He is just so fast for his size. That being said, I think Brock is a douchebag and I'm TOTALLY rooting for Shane. I also think that Shane has more knockout power in his hands, I'm just not sure that he will be able to cope with Brock's speed. I think they'll dance for a bit, and Brock will take Shane down and dominate in the ground and pound. Also... For those of us that are going to Dave's place this weekend... Dave and I talked briefly about getting the fight. But, being that Dave is already out of pocket large on this deal, we'll need to put together a pool to pay for the deal. Anyone else in?

If it stays on the feet I say Shane. If it goes to the ground Brock will just lay on him and hammer fist him. BP is right...Brock is a big azzed douche bag. Go Shane!!!

Guest LOUDMIKE

This should be a good one, but I think I gotta go with Lesnar. If he's as healthy as they claim, he will be a challenge for anyone on the planet. He is just so fast for his size.

That being said, I think Brock is a douchebag and I'm TOTALLY rooting for Shane. I also think that Shane has more knockout power in his hands, I'm just not sure that he will be able to cope with Brock's speed. I think they'll dance for a bit, and Brock will take Shane down and dominate in the ground and pound.

Also... For those of us that are going to Dave's place this weekend... Dave and I talked briefly about getting the fight. But, being that Dave is already out of pocket large on this deal, we'll need to put together a pool to pay for the deal. Anyone else in?

Really you are wanting to drive 3 hours where there is going to be more food than any 3 Las Vegas buffets. More alcohol and slushy goodness than the last Dean Martin/Sammy Davis Jr concert. (Would have said Eminem concert but i figured too many old farts wouldnt know what i was talking about!) and you want to sit in a room and watch two grown men wrestle with each other??

If that is the case I will have the 8 inch black and white tv all set up with the satelite dish in between the barf pit and the septic tank. I will be sure to make lots of man cicles for you. Maybe you can wear some matching reotards as well!!!!

Guest Sidewinder

This should be a good one, but I think I gotta go with Lesnar. If he's as healthy as they claim, he will be a challenge for anyone on the planet. He is just so fast for his size.

That being said, I think Brock is a douchebag and I'm TOTALLY rooting for Shane. I also think that Shane has more knockout power in his hands, I'm just not sure that he will be able to cope with Brock's speed. I think they'll dance for a bit, and Brock will take Shane down and dominate in the ground and pound.

Also... For those of us that are going to Dave's place this weekend... Dave and I talked briefly about getting the fight. But, being that Dave is already out of pocket large on this deal, we'll need to put together a pool to pay for the deal. Anyone else in?

In

In

Figured you'd be in... Well, if we get no other takers, I'm still in for half...

Guest LOUDMIKE

In

Figured you'd be in... Well, if we get no other takers, I'm still in for half...

Hell i will pitch in a little. Just means more booze and food for me while you guys are watching sweaty packages!!

I caught the weigh-in today, the crowd boo'd Lesnar. Vegas is getting action on Carwin judging by the shift in odds. They're both in shape and both weighed in at 265.

Winner gets the 'baddest Man on the planet' title since Fedor just got triangle-locked into his first loss in like 10 years.

I doubt Fedor was ever a real match anyway.

Guest azz061

Based on the training that Brock has had from Randy Coutre and a very excellent gold glove boxer i would say Shane is going to get hurt any way this match goes!

Go Akiyama!! I think Leben is a tool. I may eat these words in a few minutes, we'll see.....

Holy crap! Leben beat him, but what a fight!!

I'm truly surprised at the Lesnar fight. Of course the next one will be a big money maker...hey, is this stuff rigged now?

Holy crap! Leben beat him, but what a fight!!

I'm truly surprised at the Lesnar fight. Of course the next one will be a big money maker...hey, is this stuff rigged now?

Correction, correction. I read an idiot "prediction" on the fight prior to this, not the real transcript. Wow. Lesnar won after almost losing the first round. Amazing.

Desertdawg

Yeaaaah!!! no wait Booooo... umm what was the question again...??? :lol

I was talking about the Leben fight, Majambo was talking about the Lesnar fight. I think Lesnar took down his post fight WWE jibba-jabba a notch or two, proved his vulnerability, and probably endeared himeself to a few new fans last night. The real superstar in that fight was the ref, who could have stopped it when Lesnar was getting pounded on the ground, but let it continue.

I was totally stunned that fight continued to the second round. I've seen tons of fights get stopped much quicker in that exact same situation. I was really disappointed in that fight. I think Cane Valasquez will give him a run and he's got the experience to go more than one round. The Leben/Akiyama fight was awesome though. So were the others.