NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Long day

Bigfoot

We went car shopping today. Dealer after dealer. :banghead

We finally decided to get a 2010 Chevy Traverse. It's white, base LS model, so not many options...family car. I like it, the wife likes it and...

THE DURANGO IS GONE!!!!!

We got it at Sands Chevrolet in Surprise. Decent deal...but Stacie better get hired SOON now. :lol

But while we were there I was stunned by some of the cars in there showroom.

'65 blue vert

Posted Image

'55

Posted Image

Not sure of the year on this one...

Posted Image

Then there was this... :U

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then there was this :ED:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I've said how sexy I think the GS's and C6 ZO6 is in silver...but this in Cyber Grey gave me wood. She is GORGEOUS in this color. My crappy phone pics do this car no justice.

Congrats on your new purchase, but you should have gotten the ZR instead and let the wife have the C5. :partydance:

They say half your liver will grow back and you only need one kidney. Could have driven it home today.

fourseventeen

The white one your unsure of is a 1956 or 1957 if my Corvette knowledge is still there. Its been a while since I worked around old school vettes but if I had to place a bet id go with 56 or 57. Exterior is the same, its only the mechanical options that are different between the 2 years if im not mistaken.

The white one your unsure of is a 1956 or 1957 if my Corvette knowledge is still there. Its been a while since I worked around old school vettes but if I had to place a bet id go with 56 or 57. Exterior is the same, its only the mechanical options that are different between the 2 years if im not mistaken.

You're correct for the white one being a '57. The crossed flags in the cove weren't on a '56.

But the red one is a '58, not a '55. Dual headlights with the fake louvered hood are the keys.

All nice cars, especially the ZR1.

wickedfastvette

They say half your liver will grow back and you only need one kidney. Could have driven it home today.

How much you think I could get for half a liver??????????

How much you think I could get for half a liver??????????

With some fava beans and a nice chianti? :facepalm:

Hate the green Camaro, love the Cyber ZR1. :partygrnhat:

I didn't know the years, I'm not a historian on these cars. Was just going by what the "general manager" said. :facepalm: They brought out the big guns on me because I must have scared the piss out of the young salesman when we showed up. :lol When we showed up, we just started looking on the lot. The kid (about 25 years old), was asking questions blah blah blah. I don't remember what I said to him, but next thing I know he's gone! A few minutes later he's driving up with his boss in a golf cart. They "drag" us into the show room and promptly introduce me to the "big" guy. :lol I wasn't even interested in talking about buying a car at that point as I was drooling over the classics they had sitting there. :ED::lol It all worked out in the end...but I still think that kid was scared to death of me. :edward: His boss wasn't though, he's been in the business about 13 years and probably seen tons of aceholes like me come through. But he did realize not to try and F$ck with me and shot straight from the hip...or as much so as a car salesman is capable of. :lol

You're correct for the white one being a '57. The crossed flags in the cove weren't on a '56.

But the red one is a '58, not a '55. Dual headlights with the fake louvered hood are the keys.

All nice cars, especially the ZR1.

yep, spent my teenage years in that 58

That Cyber Z is what I saw at Midway that convinced me to go with that color vs blk on my next one. Love the color!

That Cyber Z is what I saw at Midway that convinced me to go with that color vs blk on my next one. Love the color!

:agree Great color!

Here's one I was not expecting. Called my insurance today...expecting a significant increase. After all the Durango was worth maybe $5,000 private party AT BEST. My insurance went down 13 cents every six months. :lol She said this car gets a 40% safety discout. :clap :clap :clap

THE DURANGO IS GONE!!!!!

We got it at Sands Chevrolet in Surprise. Decent deal...but Stacie better get hired SOON now. :lol

How about YOU getting either a summer job or checking into gettin' paid to hang out here slacker :yeah:lol

But while we were there I was stunned by some of the cars in there showroom.

'65 blue vert

Posted Image

'55

Posted Image

Not sure of the year on this one...

Posted Image

These have been here since last fall when I first saw them.

And then there was this :ED:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I've said how sexy I think the GS's and C6 ZO6 is in silver...but this in Cyber Grey gave me wood. She is GORGEOUS in this color. My crappy phone pics do this car no justice.

ZR1...it's a whole different league.

$$$'s up front and $$$'s down the road in maint costs; shoes, binders, etc. unless you're going to drive it like a q-tip..

Congrats on the new family car! I always love it when you trade off the old one and the insurance is cheaper on the new one! :cheers

fourseventeen

LOL thats funny on the insurance. Go figure. That Durango is more likely to be stolen too. When I called to insure my Z06 I was amazed too. It was actually 4.00 per 6 months cheaper then my 2007 chevy avalanche Z71 for the EXACT same coverage. Go figure. Now if only the registration was cheaper! This Z if costly for the tags!

I added the Z and my insurance stayed the same for the same coverage different company. Long story.

I could almost swear that 58 is from CnV, I sat in it and slobbered all over it. Even sat down and played the number game for an hour before I walked away because it just wasn't going to happen at the time. Then we went out and bought a C6.... If it is from CnV then the 57 is from there too because it was on the floor too! Congrats on the new ride Sean, now where's the pictures of the ugly beast!!! :lol

Don't know if they are CnV cars or not. They are from someone's collection that he parks in the showroom there. Not sure who though. Supposedly someone offered a cool mill for the '65 and he turned it down. I'm not sure I believe that...after all it came from the general manager of a dealership. :lol If you want pics I'll post some up later today. Actually, it's kind of cool looking...for a family car. :lol My oldest Leslie, counted 12 cup holders. I said so what...NO EATING OR DRINKING IN THE CAR!!!! :lol Damn thing is BIG too. Barely fits in the garage. Much larger than the POS Durango.

Supposedly someone offered a cool mill for the '65 and he turned it down.

Horsesh!t....on the offer, and the turning it down.

A flawless '67 w/427-435hp just rolled across the B-J auction in Orange County for just $180,000....

Horsesh!t....on the offer, and the turning it down.

A flawless '67 w/427-435hp just rolled across the B-J auction in Orange County for just $180,000....

:agree that's why I said I doubted it. :lol

This one is a "396...300hp" car.

WOW! A cool mill huh. Yeah, if he turned it down he is a fool, even if it was SN 00001 or SN 23564. A million $ would buy a whole lota nice old vettes and new ones. :P

I have seen probably 5-6 of those stupid camaro's on the street with that hideous color choice, what were they thinking. Too many people saw that Autotrader commercial with the green car and took it seriously ofcourse, what a shame.

Ok, here you go Mr. Dawg.

This is the view when opening the door into the garage...

Posted Image

Looking at that door...

Posted Image

Closed garage...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wife driving her new ride away...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok, never mind. We don't need to see anymore of it. Nice door in the second pic BTW!