NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Anybbody watch mark Webber flip his F1 car this morning ?

FNBADAZ06

Quicksilver98

That in car shot was wild!!!

Yeah....That was one wild ride...he was stairing up at they sky for awhile there! The car got so high in the air that it took out the sign above the track! Glad to see all the safety equipment worked as it was suppose too!

As much fun as it looks, that's been the one big issue with ever trying open wheel racing...wheel contact and going into orbit. Otherwise, what a BLAST. These guys have to have bigger sets than those fake plastic ones the kids hang off their hitches.

he hit that tire pad hard...that god it was there!!

THese F1 cars defy physics and gravity, until their tires touch :P . To watch the in car videos of these things taking corners at speed is truly breathtaking. The talk is that these cars are so light and the aerodynamics generate so much down force, that at speeds in excess of 120 MPH these cars could run thru the tunnels on the ceiling of the tunnel, upside down. I think I need to call Mythbusters to try this one out :lol . The course contained 26 turns...terminal speeds on the straightaways was just under 200 MPH.....average MPH for the race was over 125. Love the 18000 RPM shriek from these cars :thumbs

The talk is that these cars are so light and the aerodynamics generate so much down force, that at speeds in excess of 120 MPH these cars could run thru the tunnels on the ceiling of the tunnel, upside down. I think I need to call Mythbusters to try this one out :lol .

K did that driving a POS in MIB while listening to Elvis sing Promised Land.

The talk is that these cars are so light and the aerodynamics generate so much down force, that at speeds in excess of 120 MPH these cars could run thru the tunnels on the ceiling of the tunnel, upside down. I think I need to call Mythbusters to try this one out :lol .

Last I heard the neutral down force threshold is about 75 mph. The problem with the theory is that when the car is upside down, the down force doesn't help keep the oil where it belongs or the gas, or.... You might could wind tunnel test the theory...

K did that driving a POS in MIB while listening to Elvis sing Promised Land.

:thumbs:smilelol Great scene !!