NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

H.U.D. is slipping away!

6spdsforme

I was paging through the gauge options and suddenly they disappeared! I tried awhile later to page with no effect, still no gauges on the right side of HUD. I tried a third time and now lost the MPH reading. All I have left is the RPM and the turn signals. I looking into a new HUD and it is about $550 at the dealer. They said there is nothing to fix, but that there are places that exchange them. If you can exchange, then they can be fixed. What has your experience been? Should I exchange or buy a new one? Anyone done this repair?

Make sure you check the grounding point on the car especially in front by the driver side head light, Mine started going dim and it ended up being and ground issue Greg

Make sure you check the grounding point on the car especially in front by the driver side head light, Mine started going dim and it ended up being and ground issue

Greg

Looked and only found a small ground on frame behind DS Headlamp.

Didn't start car for about a week and now this morning I get a Check gauges in the HUD and a "Service ABS", "Service Active Handling" as well.

What up!

Guest Sidewinder

Make sure you check the grounding point on the car especially in front by the driver side head light, Mine started going dim and it ended up being and ground issue

Greg

Didn't start car for about a week and now this morning I get a Check gauges in the HUD and a "Service ABS", "Service Active Handling" as well.

What up!

Did you clear the codes? Did they come back?

Greg

What up!

Did you clear the codes? Did they come back?

How do you clear codes?

Greg

What up!

The Black thing that looks like a single ground is actually several grounds all tied in together. The plastic piece comes apart and there are about 6-7 spade connections inside take apart clean and put back together.

Drove 20 miles. Went in Home Depot. Came out and ABS/Traction Control no longer an issue.???? Still most of HUD not there. I will try to find the multi ground you are talking about. Don't know how to clear codes. I am in and out of the house with fresh grass seed being on a tight watering schedule today in two separate yards/pasture.... and GFI external outlet problems for the third watering clock system. I LOVE A CHALLENGE!!!

fourseventeen

im sure the C5 is like the C6 when it comes to clearing codes...go over to pepboys or any of the big name parts stores and ask if they can clear the codes. they have the tool to do it and will do it for free.

If you hold down the page button it will remove certain options. Hold it down again to replace them.

If you hold down the page button it will remove certain options. Hold it down again to replace them.

That was it! Hold down page button and they came back for each hold down.

Thanks!!!

BP to the rescue. :clap :clap :clap

Making mental note of this procedure...just in case. :thumbs

Not that BP...the other one.

I would still have the battery checked and the ground cleaned.

BP to the rescue. :clap :clap :clap

Making mental note of this procedure...just in case. :thumbs

Not that BP...the other one.

I would still have the battery checked and the ground cleaned.

Are you saying the battery post ground or some other ground point?