NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Mt Lemmon Cruise Saturday July 17th

LMBZ4ME

It’s time to escape the heat and take a scenic drive up Mt Lemmon. If you did this trip last year you know how much fun it was. I am planning to cruise up July 17, hoping to get some of my vette friends to rally up the hill with me. Ideally I would like to leave Phoenix\Chandler area around 7am, meet up with the Tucson gang by 9 then head up the hill. Anyone up for it?

Lets meet at the Lowes Shopping plaza on the SW corner AZ Avenue and Ocotillo Rd. (Approximate 3 miles south of the 202 freeway) between 6:30-6:45am. Depart at 7am!

Lowes

4300 South Arizona Avenue

Chandler, AZ 85248

Tucson Rally Point approximate 9am

Across the street from McDonalds in the Safeway parking lot

NW Corner of Tanque Verde and Catalina Hwy.

9075 E Tanque Verde Road, Tucson, AZ 85749

post-1231-1278951525.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• fourseventeen

• Bigfoot

• LMBZ4ME

It’s time to escape the heat and take a scenic drive up Mt Lemmon. If you did this trip last year you know how much fun it was. I am planning to cruise up July 17, hoping to get some of my vette friends to rally up the hill with me. Ideally I would like to leave Phoenix\Chandler area around 7am, meet up with the Tucson gang by 9 then head up the hill. Anyone up for it?

50/50 for now.

I'm in so long as I'm home. I may be in Houston that week though.

Count me in. Not sure if my wife can go and I have to be back to Phx by 4, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I will be there. 9am is kinda late but as long as you don't mind a lot of traffic it will be nice to get out of the heat....

I will be there. 9am is kinda late but as long as you don't mind a lot of traffic it will be nice to get out of the heat....

We can go earlier if you think it would be better

fourseventeen

id say im 60/40 in for this one. Sooooo freakin early!!! I am not usually done with work until 4am so I might as well not even go to bed LOL. Anyone from the west valley planning to go?

fourseventeen

holy smokes....4 hours each way without stops from the west valley! OUCH! So I think its safe to assume about 10 hours round trip with gas and food stops. Think my chances just dropped down to about 10/90

holy smokes....4 hours each way without stops from the west valley! OUCH! So I think its safe to assume about 10 hours round trip with gas and food stops. Think my chances just dropped down to about 10/90

That is not accurate. Its about a 2 hour drive each way from Chandler.

BubbaThaLuva

I'd love to do another Mt. Lemmon run since it was my first event last year. However, I'm pretty sure we're going to be doing another photo shoot in Sierra Vista again. If the Mt. Lemmon cruise moves to the weekend after, I'm down. If our photo shoot is canceled or moved, I'll be in on the 17th.

That is not accurate. Its about a 2 hour drive each way from Chandler.

Yeah...from Chandler...but he and I are almost another hour WEST of Chandler. :lol

fourseventeen

yup im an hour west of chandler ;) I looked up my address on the map you included and it states in the map 4 hours and 8 minutes each way. You directions said 3 hours and 38 minutes? If it was only 2 hours each way I would more then likely be in....especially if I could drag bigfoot out with us ;)

I am recommending on going into Tucson the backway to avoid the freeway traffic. Same route taken last year.

I'm not able to go that day, but going the back way adds 8 miles and 35 minutes according to Mapquest. That assumes the real reason for going the back way is to arrive earlier.

yup im an hour west of chandler ;) I looked up my address on the map you included and it states in the map 4 hours and 8 minutes each way. You directions said 3 hours and 38 minutes? If it was only 2 hours each way I would more then likely be in....especially if I could drag bigfoot out with us ;)

I'm still a maybe Jay.

HOXXOH, that route is to try and avoid the nasty traffice between Tucson and Phoenix...don't know if it would make a difference on a Saturday morning that early.

Awwww! I haven't been to Mt. Lemmon since 1985 when I took my oldest son up for a picnic with my college friend, Carol! Maybe Marco will want to go too... we'll see. It would be a great excuse to FINALLY get my Bum Steer burger!! I miss those UofA days! :cheers

fourseventeen

K Sean keep me up to date ;) Im a maybe as well....if the map I looked up is right (over 4 hours each way without stops) then I am leaning towards a negative but if its more like 2-3 each way I would consider.

Google Maps cracks me up! Do they really think we're only driving 60 MPH? I used to drive from UofA area to Ahwatukee in less than 1.5 hrs and that was in a 1970 VW Super Beetle, for cryin' out loud! For example, from Ahwatukee to Tucson is 103 miles straight down the I-10 with a slight turn left at Picacho Peak. I always look forward to being able to turn my steering wheel on that trip!! :partydance: Who here is only planning on driving 60 MPH? At an avg of 80 MPH you can do that 103 miles in less than 1.5 hrs and I KNOW the majority of you will supercede 80 MPH! :blink I know that those of you on the West side need an additional 45 minutes to get to I-10 and Elliot. But you can do the math, can't ya?! :o Just put the pedal to the metal and DRIVE!!! lol

You'll be about 2 hours each way to teh base of the mountain... Maybe a bit more from way northwest phx. The trip up the mountain typically takes about an hour depending on traffic. And figure an hour or so at teh top having lunch.