PurigeN98 Nitrogen Tire Inflation

Guest swmarine

Guest swmarine

Southwest Marine Products & Supplies of AZ is Now the PurigeN98 Distributor.

We would like to offer your club members a PurigeN98 Nitrogen Tire Inflation at a Special Club Discount.

As you may know Nitrogen helps Keep Tires Properly Inflated, Which Saves Fuel, Increases Handling and Braking, and Improves Tire Life.

We have a Mobile Unit and can Arrange a Club Location to Convert tires from Compressed Air to PurigeN98.

If the Club is Interested in setting up a Time and Place please Email us at

southwestmarine@cox.net or call at 602-677-1544.

Thank You for Your Time

Frank Ruscitti

Southwest Marine Products & Supplies of AZ

PurigeN98 Distributor

Hi Frank, and welcome to our forum.

Can you give us some prices, and how much of a club discount we will get?

Guest swmarine

Passenger Car Inflation Suggested Retail is $39.95

We will inflate four Tires for $24.95 if you can get a group together.

If you have a vehicle that has a spare it will be $29.95

Trucks and Large custom tire and wheel combos on cars will be $39.95

Class C RV and Large Custom Wheels and Tires on Trucks Single Wheel Axle $49.95

Class C and A RV's, and Trucks with Dual Rear Wheels $69.95

Sincerely,

Frank Ruscitti

Southwest Marine Products & SUpplies of AZ

PurigeN98

Guest racingchester

Qustion Frank - Tires seem to loose air over time. Whats the cost to keep the pressure up? Thanks Chuck

Guest Sidewinder
Qustion Frank - Tires seem to loose air over time.  Whats the cost to keep the pressure up?  Thanks  Chuck

My degree in Chemical Engineering has finally come in handy. Nitrogen is an inert or slow-moving gas that has no moisture. The gas has larger molecules than oxygen. These two facts combine to make nitrogen more efficient for use in automobile and other tires. Oxygen's smaller molecules seep out of tires more easily, causing a gradual loss of pressure. Nitrogen avoids this problem, creating a constant tire pressure. This fill is perfect for your daily driver. We have been using Nitrogen in aircraft tires since I can remember. I would like to get the Titans tires filled Frank. :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5
Qustion Frank - Tires seem to loose air over time.  Whats the cost to keep the pressure up?   Thanks  Chuck

My degree in Chemical Engineering has finally come in handy. Nitrogen is an inert or slow-moving gas that has no moisture. The gas has larger molecules than oxygen. These two facts combine to make nitrogen more efficient for use in automobile and other tires. Oxygen's smaller molecules seep out of tires more easily, causing a gradual loss of pressure. Nitrogen avoids this problem, creating a constant tire pressure. This fill is perfect for your daily driver. We have been using Nitrogen in aircraft tires since I can remember. I would like to get the Titans tires filled Frank. :thumbs

I didn't know Mark had a degree in Chemical Engineering? So, he was telling the truth when he said he had to work late! lol. All this timeI just thought he had a g/f or something simple! lmao...

Got get em babe!

Tanya

Is that a "B.S." degree in chemical engineering? :lol I like it not only in the tires but also fun to inhale, it makes your voice squeeky... oh no wait that's helium. I guess my degree is in other "gases". I guess it may be time to replace the pnuematic fluid in Sunnie's shoes!

Guest UVETTYA
Is that a "B.S." degree in chemical engineering? :lol I like it not only in the tires but also fun to inhale, it makes your voice squeeky... oh no wait that's helium. I guess my degree is in other "gases". I guess it may be time to replace the pnuematic fluid in Sunnie's shoes!

Are you sure you're not talking about beer and egg gasses Tim? :smilelol:smilelol

And Mark, being able to mix jack and coke does not qualify you as a chemical engineer.

:leaving

Guest swmarine
Qustion Frank - Tires seem to loose air over time.  Whats the cost to keep the pressure up?   Thanks  Chuck

You are correct. Nitrogen takes time to pass thru the tire. Normal pressure loss is 1.5 to 2 lbs per month. Nitrogen is about .5 to .8 per month.

Nitrogen is becoming very popular with the cost of fuel and tires.

A 5% per mile fuel increase and a 20% better tire life would add up to a great savings.

Properly inflated tires last longer. Also in Phoenix's Climate Nitrogen expands less.

On a 110 Degree day traveling at 70 MPH your tires can increase in pressure by up to 10 Lbs depending on the water that is in your compressed air.

Nitrogen is a Dry gas, and expands less. About 4 PSI on a hot day.

This keeps the tire contact on the surface of the road.

If you would like to review more info go to www.PurigeN98.com

Thank You for your interest in Nitrogen Tire Inflation.

Frank Ruscitti

PurigeN98

602-677-1544

I didn't know Mark had a degree in Chemical Engineering? So, he was telling the truth when he said he had to work late! lol. All this timeI just thought he had a g/f or something simple! lmao...

Go get em babe!

Tanya

:rolf:rolf:rolf

You got her fooled! :thumbs

Let me understand, you shouldn't loose pressure with nitrogen? If you do how do you bring it back to correct pressure? Example would be I develop a slow leak from a nail, valve stem, etc. Do I have to go back to SW Marine or another dealer. Do places like Discount have nitrogen to refill after a tire repair? Just curious????

Qustion Frank - Tires seem to loose air over time.  Whats the cost to keep the pressure up?  Thanks  Chuck

You are correct. Nitrogen takes time to pass thru the tire. Normal pressure loss is 1.5 to 2 lbs per month. Nitrogen is about .5 to .8 per month.

Nitrogen is becoming very popular with the cost of fuel and tires.

A 5% per mile fuel increase and a 20% better tire life would add up to a great savings.

Properly inflated tires last longer. Also in Phoenix's Climate Nitrogen expands less.

On a 110 Degree day traveling at 70 MPH your tires can increase in pressure by up to 10 Lbs depending on the water that is in your compressed air.

Nitrogen is a Dry gas, and expands less. About 4 PSI on a hot day.

This keeps the tire contact on the surface of the road.

If you would like to review more info go to www.PurigeN98.com

Thank You for your interest in Nitrogen Tire Inflation.

Frank Ruscitti

PurigeN98

602-677-1544

ok - take what i say with great care - as i'm no engineer or chemist, but i am a realist and a cheap ba$tard.

the numbers you quote by simple filling up with nitrogen in the tire seem a bit excessive to me - do you have side by side comparison results that were done by a non biased company?

ok - 5% PER MILE

on a good day "cruising" i get about 20 MPG (maybe 19) in my C4 - so 5% of 20 miles is 1 MPG taking me to 21

and i'm going to use my old driving of 500 miles a week (even though i'm NO WHERE near that right now) as well as $2.45 for mid grade unleaded per gallon

500 miles / 20 MPG = 25 gallons of gas * 2.45 per gallon = $61.25

500 miles / 21 MPG = 23.81 gallons of gas * $2.45 pergallon = 58.33

so a savings in my "inflated" scenario of $2.92 per week for a total of

11.68 per month

now, if regular air deflates at 1.5 lbs. - 2lbs. per month and nitrogen goes at .5-.8

then at the end of 1 year i get 6 lbs deflation using nitrogen

but saved a "theroretical" $140.16 in gas - but paid $24.95 for the tire fill - and may need a top off at the end of a year (and how much will that cost?) as 6 pounds deflation could eat away drastically at my 5% MPG "gain" potentially turning into a 1-3% LOSS in mileage (this is pure speculation, as i have no data to support this, i'm just guesstimating)

and let's factor in 20% extra tire life (which i seriously doubt especially in the DESERT)

does anyone have "significant" data to give us for our "test" in my theory? i don't have any concrete tire evidence, as i haven't had a tire last longer than 2 years on ANY car i've ever owned (mileage results would be even better)

and for you drag racers that want to participate in my study, i don't think that would be best, as those tires only last a couple thousand miles anyway!

so in my preliminary results, people that drive in excess of 500 miles per week might get a benefit out of this - but me - i only drive 7.5 miles per week.

so let's get those tire "results" in to complete my "experiment"

Guest swmarine

September 21, 2005 When we first saw the N2Revolution PR frenzy, we were disappointed that the hype focuses so much on the downside of poorly inflated tyres (which don?t need nitrogen to remedy the situation) and not so much on the actual benefits of the system. Launched in Florida last week, the company?s flagship tyre inflation solution, the PurigeN98, uses 98% nitrogen to inflate tyres instead of air (78% nitrogen, 20% oxygen), and the basic idea is that if everyone used nitrogen instead of air in their car tyres, the world would be a cleaner, better place, with less petrol, oil and tyre consumption and hence less pollution. That?s true and the more we looked into it, the more using nitrogen makes sense. But will it save anybody any money?

Anybody who has ever had anything to do with Motorsport knows what a difference a few pounds per square inch (psi) can make to tyre temperatures, wear, performance and the amount of time it takes to complete a given distance. Logically, if it makes such a difference over your average 10 lap car club dash, it can make a lot more difference over the life of a tyre on the road, ? and it does.

Every car/tyre combination has an optimum range for tyre inflation pressures and according to the US Federal Department of Transportation, roughly 80% of all vehicles in the United States have under-inflated tyres. Indeed, the vast majority of vehicle owners do not know what their optimum tyre inflation figure is, so it follows that the vast majority of the cars on the road have incorrect tyre pressures. The actual figures are scarey ? given how many of us die on the roads, we?re still negligent in critical safety precautions such as ensuring our tyres can safely transport us, our children and our friends and that we can safely control a lump of metal weighing a ton or more travelling at speed amongst our extended family.

Now through valve leakage and seepage, tyres inflated with air drop roughly 2 psi per month ? so it?s not a set and forget thing. If you don?t actively maintain your tyres at the optimum pressures, they will eventually deflate and you?ll pay in many ways.

Incorrectly inflated tires are the leading cause of tyre failure and can adversely affect braking, handling and steering ? that makes sense ? no matter how good the car is, it is only as good as the tyres which transmit its motive forces to the tarmac.

As a rough rule of thumb, if your tyres are 20% below the optimum, you?ll reduce your tyre life by up to 50% and the additional rolling resistance can add 10% or more to your fuel consumption. Across the life of a tyre, that?s a massive financial penalty on the driver and it?s no wonder that the U.S. Department of Energy reports that the national US fleet burns 4 million gallons of gasoline unnecessarily every day due to low tire pressure.

So how will filling your tyres with nitrogen make any difference?

Firstly, nitrogen does not leak from tyres as readily as air. There are many factors involved in this but bottom line is that it will retain its pressure much better and without oxygen in the mix, won?t expand as much when heat is added, maintaining the optimum tyre pressure and tyre temperature far better.

That?s why nitrogen is used in by Formula One and NASCAR teams, in heavy-duty commercial off road equipment and by commercial and military aircraft. When you?re landing an airplane or hitting the apex of a racetrack turn at 200mph, it?s nice to know your tyres are correctly inflated.

Secondly, oxygen is corrosive. It reacts with the rims in tubeless wheels (the vast majority), whether they?re made of steel or aluminium, and this results in a fine powder of rust or aluminium oxide inside the tyre which also jams in the valve seat every time you check your tyre pressures ? which further degrades the entire system and adds to the pressure seepage.

Thirdly, the N2Revolution system is purpose designed to overcome all these problems. Apart from taking the oxygen out of the air used to inflate your tyres, it also removes the moisture. Water and oxygen and heat combined significantly increase oxidation of the wheel rims an accelerate the aforementioned build-up of powder in the tyres. Most service stations give their air away free and hence pay no attention to maintaining their compressed air systems correctly, so that?s where the moisture will come from.

Copied from Gizmag

Nitrogen is becoming more available everyday.

Costco offers it to every customer who purchases tires from them.

Local Dealers in Phoenix are setting up For Nitrogen in there shops.

INdependent auto repair shops are looking at offering Nitrogen Inflation.

Yes, you have to add PSI at times but a small amount of clean compressed air will not affect the Fill.

If you get a nail in tire then you would have to have it filled with nitrogen.

Nitrogen in tires is New to the Public but has been around along time.

Remember 5years ago when someone said that you would be paying a buck for water or $5 for a cup of coffee.

What does a set of tire for your Vette Cost $1100?

If you could increase tire life 5% that is $55.00

Any questions please call me

• 3 weeks later...
Guest swmarine

High Summer Temps Are Coming.

Keep your tire pressure within tire manufacturer specs.

Inflate your tires with PurigeN98 Nitrogen Inflation.

Better Wear, Better Miles per Gallon.