NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

rotor plating

HOXXOH

Anybody have an interest in getting their rotors zinc plated? I can get a package deal at the plater I use for my business. I'll need 3 sets (12 rotors) as a minimum. Price is $24/set and they can easily do a 4 day turn, but it's usually just 2 days. They'll look the best if they're cleaned real good first. Although it's not a requirement for plating, a minimum turning cut before plating will give a smooth new surface for that brand new look. Checker/O'reilly charges $15/rotor for turning. The store on N. 59th Av & 101 will do drilled rotors. I have 1 set ready to go, so I need 2 more sets to join me.

I checked with the plater today to verify the turn time and he said "four days, no problem", but he also mentioned the 5% environmental fee, which raises the price to $25.20/set of 4.

One other thing is about how clean the rotors need to be. No rust, oil, brake dust, dirt, or paint. They'll reject anything that may contaminate their tank's chemicals. They suggest glass bead or sandblast. The last ones I did were cleaned with a wire brush for the heavy stuff and soap/water and toothbrush to finish. This time I've struck a deal to get them sandblasted for a Jackson. ($20)

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Complete

Posted Image

Guest LOUDMIKE

I checked with the plater today to verify the turn time and he said "four days, no problem", but he also mentioned the 5% environmental fee, which raises the price to $25.20/set of 4.

One other thing is about how clean the rotors need to be. No rust, oil, brake dust, dirt, or paint. They'll reject anything that may contaminate their tank's chemicals. They suggest glass bead or sandblast. The last ones I did were cleaned with a wire brush for the heavy stuff and soap/water and toothbrush to finish. This time I've struck a deal to get them sandblasted for a Jackson. ($20)

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Complete

Posted Image

I have a sandblaster here at the shop. Shouldnt be an issue. PM sent when do you need them. I have 8 rotors total!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Complete

Posted Image

I have a sandblaster here at the shop. Shouldnt be an issue. PM sent when do you need them. I have 8 rotors total!!!

I'll pick up your 8 on Monday and deliver to the plater. Anybody else want in ?