NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

CFI vs CFI

Buccaneer

Well, it looks like I have a race going on between me and a guy in Utah named CFI-EFI and his 84 CF. The race will be down here at Firebird in the winter maybe Oct/Nov time frame. There has been a S&^# storm brewing on Smokin'Vette forum about our manifold vs a ported stock manifold and I finally just said...I'll put my money where my mouth is, let's race fool. It looks like he's excepting the offer. There has also been comments that a 383 vs his 350/355 motor wouldn't be fair in a heads up race. Well Hal, do you want to talk about your ride? If so, give me a shout. You will have the Renegade on your motor by then, I hope, and we'll see how it runs. It doesn't have to be my car really, just have a Renegade on it. I think Hal can REPRESENT nicely. We may need a new TC for you though. :P

i'll definately go check this guy out .... but you know i'm down to promo the renagade .... we should be loaded and ready for the dyno in the next couple of weeks ... we can go from there .... ya gotta love a challenge ....... :burnout

hmmm... let me get this straight: this guy doesn't believe the dyno numbers (I'm sure you posted them along with some other data which wouldn't jeopardize the patent). He won't run against you because you have a 383 vs his 350. Money is involved...and now so is Hal! :cool I think we need to Tim up here from Tucson with his 84'!

hmmm...

let me get this straight: this guy doesn't believe the dyno numbers (I'm sure you posted them along with some other data which wouldn't jeopardize the patent). He won't run against you because you have a 383 vs his 350. Money is involved...and now so is Hal! :cool

I think we need to Tim up here from Tucson with his 84'!

I have no problem racing this clown and he's the one that excepted and he knows I have a 383. There have been other comments that it wouldn't be fair...Hell, who's talking about fair? :P I just want to crush him and shut him up, but Hal car can do I believe with the right mods. :):partydance:

Chad... 20/10 :lol I think you guys better at least try to make a few runs at the track before he gets here, I would hate to see you lose....

My money's on Dark Claret. :burnout2

So is mine - but it would be 100 lbs. lighter if ya let Chameleon run him down the track...

I'm just sayin...

... go get him Tom!

:3gears:

So is mine - but it would be 100 lbs. lighter if ya let Chameleon run him down the track...

I'm just sayin...

... go get him Tom!

:smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

My bet is it would be OVER 100lbs lighter. :lol

Chad... 20/10 :lol

:smilelol:smilelol ya gotta to good at slow to finish first .... :thumbs

I think you guys better at least try to make a few runs at the track before he gets here, I would hate to see you lose....

couldn't agree more .... if this thing comes down .. we'll definately want to be fully prepared ...

Let's get that smack talkin no manafold wearin fuel injected cross fired mofo out here on the dance floor! yyeeee haaaaa!!

I was going to post in the Kill section of SV that I smoked a custom hand ported manifold 84 CFI :smilelol

I'm just sayin...

... go get him Tom!

Hey, that's a plan right there. Maybe Donna would be down for that and the car would run a 1/4 sec faster I bet. :thumbs. Besides, she wants to drive an 82 again anyway. :P

I was going to post in the Kill section of SV that I smoked a custom hand ported manifold 84 CFI :smilelol

Haven't we all? :lol

I was much younger then, but I thought it was called a "bong"

Let's get that smack talkin no manafold wearin fuel injected cross fired mofo out here on the dance floor! yyeeee haaaaa!!

Marc, you're funny. :P

Haven't we all? :lol

I was much younger then, but I thought it was called a "bong"

:smilelol

I'm just sayin...

... go get him Tom!

Hey, that's a plan right there. Maybe Donna would be down for that and the car would run a 1/4 sec faster I bet. :thumbs. Besides, she wants to drive an 82 again anyway. :P

Hey Tom - if you're serious, we can chat later. . . :burnout It would be cool to romp on an 82 again!

In the meantime, maybe I need to have a conversation with F22trainer about volunteering me for stuff :cfdeadagain

J/K :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

I'm just sayin...

... go get him Tom!

Hey Tom - if you're serious, we can chat later. . . :burnout It would be cool to romp on an 82 again!

In the meantime, maybe I need to have a conversation with F22trainer about volunteering me for stuff :cfdeadagain

J/K :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

Oh, I assure you I am serious and we can talk about this along with Hal.

Well, only a few hours later and we went from a race to a "dyno shootout" over at LPM. :thumbs Looks like we have made progress on what will actually happen to resolve the "who's" manifold is better thing. Thanks Dave and Mike and I'll let you know more as soon as I do. We still plan on racing as well. Do you think we could make this an ACE event also and rent the track for the day? Dwayne, how much would that cost and how many cars would we need? Call me and we can talk about this.

Well, only a few hours later and we went from a race to a "dyno shootout" over at LPM. :thumbs Looks like we have made progress on what will actually happen to resolve the "who's" manifold is better thing. Thanks Dave and Mike and I'll let you know more as soon as I do. We still plan on racing as well. Do you think we could make this an ACE event also and rent the track for the day? Dwayne, how much would that cost and how many cars would we need? Call me and we can talk about this.

Great idea!!! Haven't run the 1/4 in over a year now I think. :toetap

• 1 month later...

yo Tom ... do we have an update ??? do we still have a contingency of CFI guys coming for the Winterfest (whenever that happens) ??? this could be a huge new event ..... ????