LPM Camaro Build

Loud Pedal

BTW...Who the hell is Adam? Did I mis the intro...crap!

New Servant to the Almighty Dave and Mike.

:banghead

I work in the office along side of Mike Until I learn all I need to learn, then I will take over all sales........ then the world.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loud Pedal

• Buccaneer

• Big Poppa

• LastC3

BTW...Who the hell is Adam? Did I mis the intro...crap!

New Servant to the Almighty Dave and Mike.

:banghead

I work in the office along side of Mike Until I learn all I need to learn, then I will take over all sales........ then the world.

Ok, thanks Adam and welcome aboard! :partygrnhat::partydance: Don't worry, after the slushy goodness, you won't care what happens...:P

Im going to go 786/661... This is pump gas, no meth in 100+ temps and probably a little bit of tire and belt slippage.

I'll guess 810, 780.

I think in the dark of night I figured the uoomph of the upcoming supercharger in my guess.

Can I go with 550 / 535

I had to go back and see what the offer was again..

[

I will give a free dyno session (3 pulls) to the one that guesses the closest to hp numbers on intitial tune and setup. Tie breaker will go to the one closest to torque number.

With that thought, I want to go with my first guess, 810/780

I thought it was just a cam guess, not the full BOAT load of parts guess when I changed my mind, now I want to unchange my mind, got it???

• 2 months later...

OK, well we finally got the block back from the machine shop. 427 cubic inches of asphalt chewing goodness!!! This car is so going to cost me my driver's license. :lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

With this big stroker crank, we had to clearance the oil pan baffles to clear the rod bolts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ahhh... much better

Posted Image

And now to stab the monster cam. 651 lift and 236 / 248 duration. Yeah, you read that right. Moooooohahahaha. It took a steady hand and lots of lube to carefully get it in there without damaging the cam bearings. The lobes are almost as big as the journals on this beast of an Ed Curtis creation!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tada!!!!!

Posted Image

Some more lube and in go the lifters.

Posted Image

Time to get busy on the heads. We opted to go overkill on the valve springs just to be safe. These things are works of art. Check them out compared to the stockers.

Posted Image

The right tools make all the difference on this job.

Posted Image

Now we're talkin'!

Posted Image

With the amount of boost we'll be running on this motor, head studs are not optional, they are a MUST. Damn, they are bada$$.

Posted Image

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/eudlose/2010%20Shop%20Camaro%20Build/SAM_0822.jpg

Now, slap the heads on and torque them down.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/eudlose/2010%20Shop%20Camaro%20Build/SAM_0827.jpg

Put the lids on it and call it a night

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/eudlose/2010%20Shop%20Camaro%20Build/SAM_0829.jpg

To be continued...

427 cubic inches of asphalt chewing goodness!!! This car is so going to cost me my driver's license. :lol

As someone also with a small block 427(early style however), I think your fears are warranted :3gears:

Awesome pix guys .... thanks for postin up ..... that thing is lookin totally like a "TAKE THAT EARTH" power house.... now for specifics .... 955 hp/ 890 tq you heard it first ... right here .....:partydance::partydance:

With this heat let me guess 645 rwhp and 625 trqe. HEAT KILLS POWER!!

Very true, but dood... They can chill the dyno room....

Do you guys use someone local for all the machine work ?

Yeah, but I'll leave their name out since I busted their chops so badly ( albeit deservedly ).

As for chlling the dyno room, this thing will suck all the air out of the room within 2 secs of firing it. :lol

So we got it off the engine stand and got the Textralia Z grip clutch installed. It's rated to 800 ft lbs. We're hoping that's enough. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And she's ready to put back where she came from. Up....

Posted Image

... in ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

... and away ...

Posted Image

Plumbing, some accessories and a custom Lonnie's fuel system with 80# injectors.

Posted Image

Time to start on the Pro Charger. I think I heard angels singing when I opened the box. We couldn't figure out how to get the intercooler through the grille, so we decided to take the front clip off. :lol Access granted. ( ADD moment... How can so many bugs make themselves a grave on that condensor in 2000 miles? )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now where did we put that big shiney hair dryer.... oh yeah... here it is

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bling and baziiiiiiing!!!!

Mike spoke with ATI this morning about pulleys. We changed the displacement so we wanted to make sure we get the boost right. The tech laughed at him when Mike told him what we're up to. Then he left his cell number and asked him to call with dyno numbers. I take that as a good sign this this motor should be as rediculous as we have hoped. :rockon2:

To be continued....