NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A/C Shop

Big Tom

My wifes Explorer gave up the A/C today so I need a shop in the West Valley, close to Surprise. Anyone got a favorite..

Wrong side of town for me Big Tom. Hopefully someone will post up soon.

I trust Wilhelm Automotive. They have three locations on the west side. They've never lied to me or done a bad repair for me.

AZ Mobile Air did a pretty good job on my vette', and considering what they had to do I'd have to give them good marks for being thorough and making sure everything was done right the first time. The did miss their time estimate and price quote by a large margin - but as I said, considering the gremlins they had to track down, in all fairness they get good marks in the customer service because they kept me informed, kept all the old parts and explained the hidden problems that couldn't have been known at the time of the estimate and even worked late on Friday and came in on Saturday when they are normally closed in order to get it done so I had wheels on Monday. The mechanic even stuck around until I got there and made sure all was well while I checked it out before I paid the bill, then showed me all of the new parts and explained how all the the hidden problems came together to create a tougher to solve electrical issue which was not apparent until all the circuits heated up and cooling fans would stop working...since I drive such short distances and the fans would come during an initial warm up they were assumed to be working properly. They are at Clarendon and 35th Ave. Don't have the phone # off hand, but Eric was the mechanic and Adam was the customer rep.

• 2 weeks later...

AZ Mobile Air it is. Picked it up yesterday. Apparently Fords suffer from something called "Black Death". Man I coulda bought a nice Casket for what it cost.....LOL. All I know is the car will freeze you out now and they came in under the estimate. When it's time they will get the job on my Vert. Thanks for the tip F22