NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Rocky Point Shootings

Final Effort

Final Effort

But they said it was safe to go there. NOT Rocky Point police chief critically wounded in ambush Bodyguard also shot by gunman The police chief of Rocky Point was critically shot and his bodyguard also wounded during a Saturday night ambush by gunmen on a major street in the Mexican resort town, according to municipal officials. Chief Erick Landagaray Macias was flown to an Hermosillo hospital after the attack and remained in critical but stable condition as of Monday morning, said Fausto Soto, director of international relations for the town known in Sonora as Puerto Peñasco. Luis Huerta Ibarra, the bodyguard, reportedly suffered less serious wounds and is expected to make a full recovery.

Something is very wrong when you're a cop with a bodyguard. I haven't been there in about 10 years.

Marana Rich

He was probably on the take from the wrong drug gang.

X- 2, or there was a love triangle of some kind. I've known of a bunch of those to happen over the past 40- 50 yrs. He would have been a New Chief brought in since the last election. Chiefs come from different areas and are state or fed. He may have come from an area the "Zeta" controlled and burnt a bridge or two. "Chato" Guzman who runs the Sinaloa Cartel that Rocky Point is in does not like to splash the water in his own back yard. I really do not see him authorizing a hit like this, and his own folks would not do it with our permission or face his rath. This sort of thing brings too much heat and is bad for business. :hunter I know the guy who publishes the Rocky Point times and will touch base with him Tues. when I go back to work. let ya know when I find out.

We went down there a couple of months ago, since then we've decided that until things improve that was our last trip for awhile!

:edward: send sheriff Joe down there to clean it up

That's probably the only way we'll ever get rid of him.

:agree :agree :agree :agree :agree they all are for the most part. The wages there mandate it. And that's all I'm saying bout that (in a Forest Gump drawl)

:agree :agree :agree :agree :agree they all are for the most part. The wages there mandate it. And that's all I'm saying bout that (in a Forest Gump drawl)

Man-Date-It...Forest, jus like Momma used to say. :P