NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

My XM Radio has lost it's mind?

az-gold

OK... While futzing around with the GM factory AM/FM/XM radio one day I found a group of music stations that never appeared before when I would let it scan. I set them as presets, and enjoyed them for a few weeks. Then, I parked the car and didn't have the chance to drive it for almost 2 weeks. The other day I started the car, no problem, and now the channels have disapeared, even when I scan, and the presets for them now just go to channel 1 "Preview". I did try to do the "refresh" via the XM web site, but it said it could not refresh my unit after I entered it's ID. It appears that the package that was subscribed to has these "phantom now you see them, now you don't" stations included. I've tried to search some on the web, and other Vette forums, the XM web site, etc and have found nothing. Now admittedly I'm fair at web crawling sometimes, but this one really has me stumped. Could it be the radio or is XM messed up?

You probably scanned during a free/trial period on XM where they let you hear some of the Sirius channels, now the trial period is over.

:rockon2: it was a free two week trial period, I had the station on mine but only a few music statioins

They have what is called the "best of Sirius". If I'm not mistaken you can get those channels for an additional fee. You had them for a trial period.