NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Happy Side of the Garage - '64 Progress

Dave64

Here are a couple pictures of my happy Corvette world. She is now Daytona Blue with two color and four clear coats. I hope to bring her home the week of July 5th so I can wire her, install steering column, Vintage Air, miscelaneous under hood stuff, etc. The bumpers, seat hockey sticks and various other parts are out for chrome plating right now. When I get as much done as I can in my garage, I'll take her back to the shop to have the dash installed (I'll then stick the gauge panel in) and wet-sand / buffing of paint. The shops doing work for me are both over in Mesa: Classic Performance Restorations - work I can't do and Elite - paint.

This is the day after she was painted:

Posted Image

A shot inside - she loses the blue and leans toward black:

Posted Image

Another shot inside:

Posted Image

Off to the muffler shop:

Posted Image

Engine compartment:

Posted Image

Exhaust system with "H" pipe:

Posted Image

I can't wait to see her done Dave! That blue is DARK! You're right though, the 15" Torq-thrusts give it that 60's build vibe! Love 'em! :rockon2: Sorry your yeller C5 is giving you crap too! :willy

I'm sure the pic doesn't do that paint justice. She's going to be gorgeous!

Looking great! Elite is a sponsor on another site I frequent. They do some pretty cool work from what I can tell. They did a satin purple paint job for one of the guy's car and it looks really cool. Good to see your making progress, I hope to see it out before too long.

Azmotorhead

Very nice!! You can put the dash in yourself. Its not that tough. put wiper motor in first before anything else