NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

june 27th route 66 cruise?

Lwcs561

Been thinking about this for a while. Would be a cruise up to flagstaff, and head west along route 66 stopping at a few places along the way in some of the old towns like seligman for some photo ops, on the way to oatman. I know its kind of a long drive, but could be a great day trip. I looked at some restaurants and there's the olive oatman restaurant, or the silver creek saloon. let me know what u guys think

Been thinking about this for a while. Would be a cruise up to flagstaff, and head west along route 66 stopping at a few places along the way in some of the old towns like seligman for some photo ops, on the way to oatman. I know its kind of a long drive, but could be a great day trip. I looked at some restaurants and there's the olive oatman restaurant, or the silver creek saloon. let me know what u guys think

Damn! I'll be on a fishing trip, change the date!

Olive Oatman

well it could be like july 18th. that way i can take the vette this time. hows that sound? July 18th

A really really long day. But I'm up for it on July 17 or 18. (less traffic going north on Sunday) Not to hijack, but here's the time and mileage considerations. Mapquest results: Anthem (starting point) to Seligman by way of Flagstaff = 2h 54m 189mi OR To Seligman by way of Prescott = 2h 31m 143mi continue to Kingman by way of Rt 66 = 4h 8m 230mi continue to Oatman = 5h 28m 291mi return by way of Parker = 7h 11m 381mi back to center of Phoenix = 9h 48m 544mi Just the Seligman/Rt 66/Kingman/Phoenix trip = 7h 17m 414mi The times have no allowances for food, photo ops, or potty stops. Although some of that could be recovered by a quicker pace. :driving::rolf Possible suggestion for a long break. Stop for a tour/lunch at Grand Canyon Caverns after 3hours and 175 miles. Another option is to return from Kingman with a sidetrip to Bagdad. 3 hours and 160 miles from the Caverns and it has lots of twisties. It adds 1hr 50m 35mi

A really really long day. But I'm up for it on July 17 or 18. (less traffic going north on Sunday)

Not to hijack, but here's the time and mileage considerations.

Mapquest results:

Anthem (starting point) to Seligman by way of Flagstaff = 2h 54m 189mi

OR

To Seligman by way of Prescott = 2h 31m 143mi

continue to Kingman by way of Rt 66 = 4h 8m 230mi

continue to Oatman = 5h 28m 291mi

return by way of Parker = 7h 11m 381mi

back to center of Phoenix = 9h 48m 544mi

Just the Seligman/Rt 66/Kingman/Phoenix trip = 7h 17m 414mi

The times have no allowances for food, photo ops, or potty stops. Although some of that could be recovered by a quicker pace. :driving::rolf

Possible suggestion for a long break. Stop for a tour/lunch at Grand Canyon Caverns after 3hours and 175 miles.

Another option is to return from Kingman with a sidetrip to Bagdad. 3 hours and 160 miles from the Caverns and it has lots of twisties. It adds 1hr 50m 35mi

Is there a possibility of a stayover?

i wasnt really aware of the times. i just thought of oatman because ive never been there, and my gf loves the idea of the burros roaming around the street.

Marana Rich

Here is an alternative.

We have a small group from Yuma, with some interest from Phoenix and Tucson, that are going to go on this cruise in August: Route 66/Grand Canyon. It is a long weekend, starting on Friday afternoon in Kingman, doing Route 66 on Saturday, and Grand Canyon on Sunday. Below is link, and I am adding it to the ACE Calendar.

http://www.bloomingtongoldtours.com/park_tour/default.htm

I will try to call tomorrow to see how we can register as a group and get the discount. I think as long as you affiliate with ACE it will work.

I will post an EVENT entry when I have final info.

i wasnt really aware of the times. i just thought of oatman because ive never been there, and my gf loves the idea of the burros roaming around the street.

I am not even going to think about going if you are going to start inquiring about participation by calling us all a bunch of jackasses roaming the street, I don't care how polite you did it!!!!

:yeah::yeah:

lmao. could you see a string of corvettes winding through the street surrounded by donkeys?

I thinks it would make great pictures or news :thumbs

fourseventeen

I might be up for this depending on the day(s) and definately if it included a grand canyon trip. Never been there! Been all over the freakin world to tons of exotic places yet never to the Grand Canyon...go figure. I really like Yumas idea if anyone from Phx area is planning to go out.

lmao. could you see a string of corvettes winding through the street surrounded by donkeys?

Velocity Vettes had 28 there last November and Sin City Vettes and Area 51 Vettes joined in with about 30 more. Nearly ran out of parking, but had a good time.

http://gallery.me.com/mikeguru#100344

Norse Pagan

I should be able to make it this weekend :) That'll be good cause I'll be out of town for the 4th of july and will miss all the fun then.

i mean i'd be up for a cruise if enough people agreed. flagstaff is a bit cooler than here in the valley. maybe a few people would be up for a cruise this weekend just to flagstaff? I remember hearing about an old airfield not too far away that would be a good spot for pics. the airfield was used back in the 50s i think, then they shut it down. There's a restaurant that looks good...altitudes bar and grill..looks like a good place to eat.

Note- The airfield i found out was called the Tusayan airport- aka Grand Canyon Airport at Red Butte. it's about 25 mins north of flagstaff. Said to be visited by Charles Lindbergh, Amelia Earhart. The airport remained in service till 1960, and the hangar still remains.

here's the link on it. there's a forest road to get to it, although im sure we'd have no problems.

http://www.harrietquimby.org/pages/REDBUTTE.html

here's a few pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

i think it'd be a great pic to have a few vettes ( and a t/a..yea i know i know..cant take the vette out till july), in front of the hangar

Norse Pagan

i mean i'd be up for a cruise if enough people agreed. flagstaff is a bit cooler than here in the valley. maybe a few people would be up for a cruise this weekend just to flagstaff?

works for me, just let me know where and when :)

tryin to see if a few people want to go up to flag tomorrow. ill go if we get around 5 people to take the cruise. should be a nice break from the 110 deg heat

I already had plans for this weekend, but I wouldn't mind making this cruise at another date. have fun, and be careful if you decide to go tomorrow :)

thanks man. i heard from my friend who is up in flagstaff, that she went to this airfield, and that its pretty cool and great for a photo op