NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

train!

Guest 06yumavette

Guest 06yumavette

Sorry guys I refused treatmentin phoenix I called a cab he dropped me off at exit 114 my wife picked me up and I'm at yuma regional med center left knee is hurt but what hurts more is my car isn't w me!! Anybody understand?

Fully understand but the car can be replaced. You don't want to hobble around on a bum knee the rest of your life. Get taken care of and leave the car to the insurance co.

I thought there was gonna be a picture of a buncha doods standing around a hot chick... Not real sure what you've got goin on, other than a hurt left knee, but hopefully you get squared away and get yer baby back...

Sorry guys I refused treatmentin phoenix I called a cab he dropped me off at exit 114 my wife picked me up and I'm at yuma regional med center left knee is hurt but what hurts more is my car isn't w me!! Anybody understand?

Glad you are all in one piece even if one part still hurts. If there's anything that you need regarding the car here in Phoenix, that I can help with, just PM me.

There's more than one car that I've had an attachment to, that's now gone. I'm well aware of that pain.

we both got out of it alive and that thorax bag just did what it was designed to do so you could walk away from it fairly unscathed, sorta... for a while anyway. i sent some pics of the car to you and im uploading more right now to send to you but i got a slow connection.

John, (corvettetech) were you with Tom in the wreck???? Make sure your not hurt too, get checked out if you feel anything wrong. Damn what mess!

ya but we were hit from the driver side so tom took the brunt of the damage. i just got shaken up. im alright just a small cut on my head. the damage looks bad but damage isnt nesesarily an indication of force, most of the force was transfered to roation as we were hit the car rotated 90 degrees, then got draged for a bit. got lucky too had the car not rotated i wouldve made out with a pole and turned into mush. 50-50 weight distribution is not only a performance feature but aparently a saftey feature also.

Waiting for updates on Tom's condition. I'm still wondering about how/where this happened. Any pics yet?

Waiting for updates on Tom's condition.

I'm still wondering about how/where this happened.

Any pics yet?

agreed.

I still hopeyou guys are ok.

Uh-Oh...this doesn't sound good.....is there a thread posted on what happened ?

Guest 06yumavette

in case anybody is interested... knee will need to be worked on.... the insurance called yesterday... they booked the car at 42,900 i owe 26,800 sooooo when everything gets signed i will be on the hunt for a new vette... i found a GS in san diego they are wiling to make a deal... they have a 3lt free oil changes for life... 52,000 auto.... i need to sit in one to see if i can even drive one again... lol thanks for the kind messages nic im gonna want on a tune but im not sure if i have the nerve to drive in your area!!! know what i mean!! i had an investigator time the traffic light at that intersection here is what she sent me. the light stays green for 18 seconds on avg 3 to 4 seconds its yellow and red avgs more like 3.5 seconds very fast lights.the train was in my blind spot. so guys and gals watch out... pay better attention than i did... use that six sense.....

Good about the insurance, bad about the knee. Good luck getting the new car. :xfinger Can you elaborate more on what/how it happened? :confused

guess an mt is out of the question just the same in my mind the at is just as fast if not faster. still have those fun paddle shifters though. im still holding up on my deal to fix up the next vette for you with all those carbon fiber parts, maybe we can get in contact with the scrap yard that ends up with the remains to get the parts off for a good deal

Guest 06yumavette

hey john..... i will find out about the parts... headlights etc..... guys out there in ACE corvettech is a great asset to our community... if you need help ask him.....he lives here in yuma...

guess an mt is out of the question just the same in my mind the at is just as fast if not faster. still have those fun paddle shifters though. im still holding up on my deal to fix up the next vette for you with all those carbon fiber parts, maybe we can get in contact with the scrap yard that ends up with the remains to get the parts off for a good deal

You as the owner can pull parts off of the car after insurance totals the car as long as you have stock parts to place back on..If I were you, I would do this, has you can sell carbon fiber pieces for much more than stock pieces if you need to.

Guest 06yumavette

the only things id like to have is the B&B exhaust and the tail lights.. and what sucks is i didnt keep the old exhaust

the only things id like to have is the B&B exhaust and the tail lights.. and what sucks is i didnt keep the old exhaust

Maybe someone has a stock one out there for you somewhere.

Since I've still got my old C5 take-offs, then surely some ACEhole here has got to have a C6 take-off exhaust they don't need. Hope you heal up quick, and good luck on the vette hunt!