NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Audio Guru's

Grape Ape

I'm going to replace my head unit in my C5 - '98. I have the power adaptor for powering the Bose speakers. Just have a question for ya all. It has a + wire for the front high and a + wire for the low. I hooked up the high and don't have another wire from the head unit plug for the low. Do I need the low + hooked up for this to work? If so, would I be able to just double the wires for the + from the head unit so it's on the + side of things? Has anyone else put this in before? I don't have a picture of it and can't remember what it's called at the moment. I will post a picture when I get home if needed of what I have.

You can see the wires I'm talking about pointing to the left in the picture along with the Red Nipples it has......

Posted Image

im sorry to say but the bose speakers with out the matched oem amp and head unit will sound like ass. they are an odd resistance and weird x-over.

from the picture im guessing you have an after marked HU.

spend the extra $$ and get a good quality speakers that match the HU a output and door size.

save your self teh greif and get 1000% better sound for the extra $75.

other wise for your direct question I do not know the minutsha detail

good luck

cheers

cahd

im sorry to say but the bose speakers with out the matched oem amp and head unit will sound like ass. they are an odd resistance and weird x-over.

spend the extra $$ and get a good quality speakers that match the HU a output and door size.

good luck

cheers

cahd

That's what my Guru said...If your not doin Bose, no Bose speakers, try to make wires work if possible but better to just redo entirely.

Just repeatin, don't know enough.

good luck

cheers

cahd

That's what my Guru said...If your not doin Bose, no Bose speakers, try to make wires work if possible but better to just redo entirely.

Just repeatin, don't know enough.

Agree with both above.

What I did find was an all digital Pioneer Media Center. No CD. USB connection for IPODs or just a thump drive. HD Radio that finds adds all the radio stations and .....wait for it.....drum roll.........blue tooth phone connections. I did not want any thing to happen to the original speaker covers nor did I want any new holes, I wanted great sound and an original look. So I added Alpine SPS 699's in the rear, 260 watts and 85 RM and Alpine SPS 400 for the door speakers, 140 watts peak and 45 RM. She sounds great.

The original Bose system is safe, all packed and stored.

I'm gonna jump in on the new speaker band wagon.. It truly will sound drastically better if you ditch the Base stuff. For the door speakers, go on fleabay and get a pair of door adapters. The factory put 8's and 4's in the door. The MDF adapters are cut to accept 6.5's and tweets, so you can drop in a set of component speakers in the door real easy. They're like 20 bucks too, so no worries about cost. A medium caliber set of components in the doors and a set of coax's in the rear and you'll be a happy husker.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like I will be running new wires and new speakers then. Don't worry Tim, I won't use your installer. Doing it myself so I don't have anyone else to blame if it goes tits up.