3. Silver 14%

4. Red 13%

5. Gray 12%

6. Blue 11%

7. Beige/Brown 4%

8. Green 2%

9. Yellow/Gold 1%

10. Other 1%

:crazy Where is Orange??? insert here at less than 1%???

Source.....http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?se...;story=colorSUV

post-637-1276808813.jpg

source......http://most-popular.net/car-color

Copied from http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1031193...ar-color-in-u-s

The earlier PPG report did remark on the rise in popularity of white and its chromatic nemesis, black. DuPont found white, together with its near-twin white pearl, accounted for 20% of the cars covered with its paint, marking the second year that white outranked silver, which scored 17% this year, tied with black. PPG's results had silver at 20% with white at 18% and black at 17% - all very close to DuPont's numbers, and together the two companies' results paint a clearer picture of the overall market.

White, black and silver are all very nearly equally popular, and it's easy to understand why. The colors are never controversial, can be quite attractive while remaining reserved, and are likely to appeal to a wide range of buyers, unlike more polarizing colors such as Orange.

“Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black.” - Henry Ford

“Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black.” - Henry Ford

Black paint dried the fastest back in the day. Check out Ed on the research. :thumbs

I thought orange and maroon vetters counted themselves amongst the Red crowd?

wickedfastvette

I would imagine the order of the most popular Corvette colors would be a little different.

"The color Black has returned to best seller status on Corvette. Black had been replaced by the hot-selling Anniversary Red in 2003 and by the Commemorative Edition LeMans Blue in 2004, but for the past couple years, it is once again Black."

Source.......http://www.corvetteblog.com/archives/corve...ette-color.html

"Red has been the most popular color for Corvettes over the years. Until recently when Black became the best selling Corvette color."

Source......http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_most..._color_corvette

Where is the keeper of the Grape Ape????

Grape, Dark Claret, Purple what's the difference? :P

wickedfastvette

There is a biiiiiiig difference.

There is a biiiiiiig difference.

Not in my book of colors. With rose colored glasses they all look alike. :P

yep ... purple .... for us real folks .... those cfi snobs call it something else ... :cfdeadagain

I still say that Dark Claret rules. :partydance:

But you don't have a smilie........ ------> :Orange: .... :lol :lol :lol :lol

I like being polorized, it's like being drunk but without the need to pee a lot!

Love the orange!

This is one of my other toys.1 of 119 made in this color.Its called amber fire.

Posted Image

And now I bet your going to tell us that black is a color... :toetap

No, white is all colors. Dawg is right - black is the absence of color.

Silver is a shade of gray, so if you mix black and white together, they form silver. You have black in your paint so you're alright in my book :thumbs

Isn't black all colors?

No, white is all colors. Dawg is right - black is the absence of color.

Really? With that theory, explain this for me then.

Posted Image

If that was an absolute true statement, then "what's in a tube or gallon of black paint"...Mmmmmm? :P

Does anyone in ACE have one of the rare "Black Rose" C4's?? I saw one up in Anthem once at some coffee & corvette type thing and don't know who owns it.

If that was an absolute true statement, then "what's in a tube or gallon of black paint"...Mmmmmm? :P

There is no light inside a tube or a gallon of black paint - we see color due to the way light is reflected. . .

In grade school we learn that there are three primary colors — red, yellow and blue — that when combined produce secondary colors such as green, purple and orange, and all the various shades and variations on the primary and secondary colors. However, these are the primary colors of pigment and different systems apply to the colors that we see on computer screens and the colors that we see in printed media and photographs.

Colors would not be possible without light because color is, in essence, light either reflected off of objects we see or viewed directly from the light source. When light is passed through a prism, the light beam changes direction, and the wavelengths are separated, causing the prism to produce the colors of the electromagnetic spectrum. Rainbows are light refracted through water particles in the air. Humans can only perceive a small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum — from 4.3-7.5 x 1014 Hz in frequency — and it is the wavelength of the radiation that determines the color of light that we are seeing. Each color has its own wavelength. Infrared, microwave, radio, television and electrical power have lower frequencies than visible light, and ultraviolet, X-rays and gamma rays have higher frequencies.

Unlike the primary colors of pigment, the primary colors of light are red, green (not yellow) and blue, commonly referred to as RGB. The pigment color system does not apply to computer monitors because colors are created on monitors by adding light. RGB is an additive color system, which means that color is added to a black background. Black is the absence of light and therefore the absence of color. Secondary colors, such as cyan, magenta and yellow, are created by combining the primary colors. The color white is achieved by adding the three primary colors together in equal amounts.