NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

thread hijack from events

az-gold

anybody getting together this sat around lunch? a couple of us are comming up from yuma to get work done and i thought id see if you have anything planned?

Edit: Edited title to avoid any confusion

There must be an "ACE Calendar" that I don't have.

Saturday, 06/18/10?

:banannadance:

wickedfastvette

anybody getting together this sat around lunch? a couple of us are comming up from yuma to get work done and i thought id see if you have anything planned?

There must be an "ACE Calendar" that I don't have.

Saturday, 06/18/10?

:banannadance:

Yeah I dont have that version either!

Need more info.

Got a time and location?

Whose getting what work done where?

wickedfastvette

Need more info.

Got a time and location?

Whose getting what work done where?

He's just posting up to see if anyone is planning an event on saturday.

Easiest thing to do is check the calender here on the forum and see if anything is posted for that day, if not you can start a thread and plan something.

wickedfastvette

rough crowd!! lol i did look at the calendar...

Then I would just post up a couple of us are getting together at ..........at such and such a time and see if anybody responds, you might not be the only ones that want to do something on saturday. :thumbs

06 Yuma - Yeah - it IS a rough crowd - that's what I've been preaching to Dawg and some of the others about. A new guy doesn't dare post up anything without someone crapping on them. This is why I don't post more often. I'm surprised that some of these folks drive Vette's as stupid as they act.

I believe that some of us wouldn't mind meeting up with y'all - kinda' need to get a feel for where you're getting the repairs done and see what is sorta' close, announce it, and we'll see what happens. Yuma is a fair drive - can't go home without a little GTG.

fourseventeen

9Tthree I guess doesnt have a sense of humor? I think most people on this site joke around a lot. Im a new guy somewhat and I posted up a get together and havent gotten bashed on to much :cheers He just needs to post up more info so we know what the game plan is. Marco...he said Phoenix lol. Scottsdale is a bit of a drive from Phoenix. But I do like Tilted Kilt ;)

06 Yuma - Yeah - it IS a rough crowd - that's what I've been preaching to Dawg and some of the others about. A new guy doesn't dare post up anything without someone crapping on them. This is why I don't post more often. I'm surprised that some of these folks drive Vette's as stupid as they act.

I believe that some of us wouldn't mind meeting up with y'all - kinda' need to get a feel for where you're getting the repairs done and see what is sorta' close, announce it, and we'll see what happens. Yuma is a fair drive - can't go home without a little GTG.

:what:

wickedfastvette

I Read through the thread and don't see where anyone was bashing, they were trying to get more information, can't plan something without information. the part about the calendar was a joke because a moderator changed the date for saturday and put a date down that didn't exist. And calling the members here stupid is not going to make you a lot of friends around here.

I Read through the thread and don't see where anyone was bashing, they were trying to get more information, can't plan something without information. the part about the calendar was a joke because a moderator changed the date for saturday and put a date down that didn't exist. And calling the members here stupid is not going to make you a lot of friends around here.

If you are sensitive or have thin skin, you will never survive on this forum. You complain about being bashed (which I have not seen or experienced, even when I was a newbie), and then you call other members stupid. Who is doing the bashing? :crazy

I'm not religious so preaching goes in one ear and out the other, but so does most of what my wife has to say... :lol

Yeah the active crowd is a little harsh, but Tom's initial post was really vague. I know it was just a question about a get together but adding a little more info (time, area) would have slowed the wolves some.

Please don't use this as an excuse to limit your activity on ACE, what you call "crapping on them" is more like a bunch of kids all wanting to be next in line for a free ice cream.... Feed them information and they will play nice!

I'm not religious so preaching goes in one ear and out the other, but so does most of what my wife has to say... :lol

Yeah the active crowd is a little harsh, but Tom's initial post was really vague. I know it was just a question about a get together but adding a little more info (time, area) would have slowed the wolves some.

Please don't use this as an excuse to limit your activity on ACE, what you call "crapping on them" is more like a bunch of kids all wanting to be next in line for a free ice cream.... Feed them information and they will play nice!

Double D,

Thanks - again.

Let me say that I owe an apology to those on this forum that took offense to my very harsh remark questioning the IQ of some that drive Vettes on this forum. Uncalled for and an unwarranted assumption.

Dawg - I understand your "ice cream" analogy. With that being said - again - you have to ask yourself with the number of total members that ACE has, what percentage are active on the forum? And why is that? Why does everybody have to have thick skin to be on the forum? Old Yeller, WFV, and Chameleon - leave your sarcastic remarks parked outside. You are only hurting ACE in the long run. Your humor is often not appreciated. If you feel the need to get a laugh, at the expense of another "lesser" member, then PM your humor to your fellow humorists.

Again - my sincere apology to those who were offended by the "stupid" comment.

- you have to ask yourself with the number of total members that ACE has, what percentage are active on the forum? And why is that?

I would say 70% of the membership are lookie-loo's from other clubs or people that sign up for no reason at all, if you search the membership for last log in a majority of them sign up and never log in. Why they do this I don't know but since the forum is viewable without being a member they already know whats going on here, they activate thier membership by clicking the link in the activation email, then they never show up again...

Saying that the way our members joke around chases them away doesn't hold water when a non member can read the entire forum before joining.

You can also say that a member calling everyone else here "stupid" is just as bad or worse than the joking.....

- you have to ask yourself with the number of total members that ACE has, what percentage are active on the forum? And why is that?

I would say 70% of the membership are lookie-loo's from other clubs or people that sign up for no reason at all, if you search the membership for last log in a majority of them sign up and never log in. Why they do this I don't know but since the forum is viewable without being a member they already know whats going on here, they activate thier membership by clicking the link in the activation email, then they never show up again...

Saying that the way our members joke around chases them away doesn't hold water when a non member can read the entire forum before joining.

You can also say that a member calling everyone else here "stupid" is just as bad or worse than the joking.....

I think calling people stupid is quite rude and completely uncalled for. The folks who join and become/stay active on ACE are those folks who feel comfortable with the environment and the personalities of the membership that already exists at the time they join. I have only been here a year. When I found ACE, I didn't know even one person on this forum. When I was a newbie, I didn't find the existing members' posts to be bashing or insulting or anything else negative. What I saw looked to me like a large, slightly dysfunctional family made up of folks who all really care about (and for) each other. I joined, participated in events and slowly began posting. I have met many really great people, and made some wonderful new friends. If you think we are a bunch of nasty, sarcastic, rotten people, you are sadly mistaken. To be as upset as you are is a clear indication that you don't really know any of us at all. Additionally, your statements show that you aren't much interested in getting to know us - you just want to complain because this forum isn't exactly as YOU would have it be.

I have only been here a year. When I found ACE, I didn't know even one person on this forum.

And a year later you hear wedding bells ???? :lol

I have only been here a year. When I found ACE, I didn't know even one person on this forum.

And a year later you hear wedding bells ???? :lol

Isn't that TAPS that those bells play? :Axe::smilelol At this point, even if I wanted to get married, I would stay single just to annoy you! :edward:

On the other hand, if I ever do get married, I will expect a huge reception with awesome bar-b-que, totally catered by Desert Dawg at HIS expense. :bolt:

I think calling people stupid is quite rude and completely uncalled for. The folks who join and become/stay active on ACE are those folks who feel comfortable with the environment and the personalities of the membership that already exists at the time they join. I have only been here a year. When I found ACE, I didn't know even one person on this forum. When I was a newbie, I didn't find the existing members' posts to be bashing or insulting or anything else negative. What I saw looked to me like a large, slightly dysfunctional family made up of folks who all really care about (and for) each other. I joined, participated in events and slowly began posting. I have met many really great people, and made some wonderful new friends. If you think we are a bunch of nasty, sarcastic, rotten people, you are sadly mistaken. To be as upset as you are is a clear indication that you don't really know any of us at all. Additionally, your statements show that you aren't much interested in getting to know us - you just want to complain because this forum isn't exactly as YOU would have it be.

What part of an apology can you NOT read?? Not once - but twice. Sheesh - silly me - I thought this forum was a public venue - open to all. It was just a "suggestion" that you water down the sarcasm before you run off a bunch more folks that don't quite find this as amusing as the few of you that do. I don't believe that I said you all were "nasty and rotten". I believe that the sarcastic label is true - but that's me. Have fun, y'all.

I'm done . . .

I will expect a huge reception with awesome bar-b-que, totally catered by Desert Dawg at HIS expense. :bolt:

I can do the BBQ, I'm not to sure about the expense though... :lol (sarcasim noted)

9Tthree,

I don't know what to tell you, you ask that we tone done the fun we have so that you will feel more ?? comfortable joining in ???

I'm sorry, I just can't assume you have the voice for 800 non active members, if you do then get them to all mirror your feelings in a reply here and I'll lay the smack down on the yahoo's that are the part of ACE that I know and love. But I'll bet you a sawbuck that none of the ACTIVE members will stand for it, why should we change who we are to appease those (you) who feel that ACE isn't what it's supposed to be?

I would hope you could learn to accept the joking and yes bashing that happens on an online public forum where EVERYONE is allowed to join the fray. I think it's who we are and what I love about our little disfunctional (and yes - stupid) family!

Double D,

Thanks - again.

Let me say that I owe an apology to those on this forum that took offense to my very harsh remark questioning the IQ of some that drive Vettes on this forum. Uncalled for and an unwarranted assumption.

Dawg - I understand your "ice cream" analogy. With that being said - again - you have to ask yourself with the number of total members that ACE has, what percentage are active on the forum? And why is that? Why does everybody have to have thick skin to be on the forum? Old Yeller, WFV, and Chameleon - leave your sarcastic remarks parked outside. You are only hurting ACE in the long run. Your humor is often not appreciated. If you feel the need to get a laugh, at the expense of another "lesser" member, then PM your humor to your fellow humorists.

This isn't a start of a new clique is it? :lol:peace:

Double D,

Thanks - again.

This isn't a start of a new clique is it? :lol:peace:

:funnypost:

Not sure, but if it is, we're all in good company! :rockon2:

The only worse thing they could do would be to paint it black.