Sumtin' wrong?

az-gold

8:24PM Wednesday evening June 16, and the "View New Posts" feature does not work, even after logging off and back on, waiting more than the prescribed 10 seconds, etc. ?

Yes Cherye, I did. And as mysteriously as it appeared it corrected itself ten. Still can't do it. hmmmmm Here's the error message I get, and had gotten then too as well: Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 10 seconds before trying again. Ahhhhhh.....could it be that someone is fooling with the settings? Funny people....lol

wickedfastvette

Still works fine for me, I dont know, maybe its the computer gremlins that send me the stupid error messages on some days.

You were temporarily banned. Quit badmouthing cops and we won't make it permanent! Honest, just kidding! :lol

wait at least 10 seconds before trying again.

Ahhhhhh.....could it be that someone is fooling with the settings?

We had a dispatcher on the RR that was on tape hitting the refresh button 47 times in 23 seconds, it took the system over 20 minutes to recover.... :toetap

I'm not fooling with you, the 10 seconds is from the time the page load ends, which means if something in the search hiccups on your end and your not getting a "finish or end" point to your search, the 10 seconds never starts....

Of course it could just be the internet gremlins, did you remember to feed them on your end this week?

You were temporarily banned. Quit badmouthing cops and we won't make it permanent!

Honest, just kidding! :lol

Good one!

ya got me-

lol

8:24PM Wednesday evening June 16, and the "View New Posts" feature does not work, even after logging off and back on, waiting more than the prescribed 10 seconds, etc.

?

John, you aren't double clicking the "View New Posts" link are you?

Just thinking about this and thought that could be a possible solution...

8:24PM Wednesday evening June 16, and the "View New Posts" feature does not work, even after logging off and back on, waiting more than the prescribed 10 seconds, etc.

?

John, you aren't double clicking the "View New Posts" link are you?

Just thinking about this and thought that could be a possible solution...

No.

What I think is happening on my rickity old system is I find it works after I go to Tools > Internet Options >General and delete browsing history.

Thanks for thinking about it D.

Try, goto tools, click on "settings" in the browser history instead of delete, then check to make sure the "automatically" option is selected in the "check for newer version of stored pages"