NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Convertible Stingray Concept

MOTV8

Remember the Transformers concept Corvette that spawned countless threads and some think hint at the C7? :huh

Posted Image

Good. :toetap

Well, CorvetteBlogger caught some shots of a slightly refined version in SoCal with the top chopped off. :ED:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Marana Rich

awful small windshield. I don't think that will work, wouldn't it have to have strong posts to withstand rollover? Looks like it got chopped off for sure. I'll stick with the mean looking coupe.

awful small windshield. I don't think that will work, wouldn't it have to have strong posts to withstand rollover?

Looks like it got chopped off for sure. I'll stick with the mean looking coupe.

:facepalm:

Rich, it's a movie car...for a movie....Transformers 19 or something, they won't actually produce the concept as the C7 vert.

Leftlane: “Is there any significance to the Chevrolet Corvette Centennial concept, aside from the role in Transformers 2?”

Mr. Lutz: “No, I would say that is in the realm of ‘pure concept.’ At this point, there’s zero intention to produce.”

Marana Rich

I understand. I am assuming the C7 might have some resemblance. IF it ever came out, I am saying that windshield wouldn't look like that, cause it makes the car look ugly. The only worse thing they could do would be to paint it black.

XLR-ish, Yeah... And I'm not sure I like those sharp creases on the fenders. Maybe it'll grow on me. :toetap

They need to do something with that back end...its "butt" ugly.

They need to do something with that back end...its "butt" ugly.

:agree huge "butt" ugly !!!

The only worse thing they could do would be to paint it black.

:ohsnap:

The only worse thing they could do would be to paint it black.

:ohsnap:

Dammit, I was trying to let that slide, coming from Yuma ya know....Bashing not allowed! :bang

Yeah, it turns me on, even though it shouldn't. Kind of like Flo, the Progressive Insurance lady.

Yeah, it turns me on, even though it shouldn't. Kind of like Flo, the Progressive Insurance lady.

:smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

Parker likes redheads, who knew?

Nobody sees any ancestry from Mitchell's Stingray Racer?? As a vert guy, I think it looks sweeet and hope they DO make something like it...with a TVS'd and 'cooled 5.5 V8 or whatever they've decided on....

Posted Image

Posted Image

That thing is sweet!!! I have to disagree with Rich, the window would be fine but then again, I don't have to worry about my toupee flying off :smilelol

It also need to get rid of that Camaro "type" front grill and put a cool vette grill in there. :thumbs

wickedfastvette
I would prefer if the rounded some of the sharp edges and the window I dont know little small.

I think it would/could be a very cool car if they made a few changes. It's a pretty raticle departure from the current models and like both the C5 and C6 will take a bit of getting used to it. Will it be made...maybe not.

I think it would/could be a very cool car if they made a few changes. It's a pretty raticle departure from the current models and like both the C5 and C6 will take a bit of getting used to it. Will it be made...maybe not.

Like a Renegade?

Like a Renegade?

OUCH Ted! Thats gonna leave a stain. :facepalm:

Like a Renegade?

OUCH Ted! Thats gonna leave a stain. :facepalm:

I hope that wasn't too "sarcasmy" and nasty that it might scare a new member into not posting... :)