NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Officer punches teen in the face during an arrest

FNBADAZ06

Crazy...but maybe the teen(s) shouldn't have been fighting with the officer. Maybe he should use pepper spray in such conditions ?

Tough call, but the teens did fight with the LEO, so they got what they were asking for IMHO.

Officer punches teen in the face during an arrest

IMHO I'd say "officer friendly" was good on this one..... he was assaulted prior to the punch.

wickedfastvette
I'm going with the officer in this one, you don't attack a police officer and get away with it.

Wimp! I would have knocked her trashy a$$ out...

LMAO, I was thinking the same, only with a nightstick. Would've had something for her friend too... :deadhorse

Guest LOUDMIKE

Really? :facepalm::facepalm:

There are procedures for this. He is trained for this. This was over a jay walking ticket. They have pepper spray, tasers and radios. This officer let the incident control him instead of the other way around. I guess I am just old school. You dont hit a woman unless someone's life/safety is at question.

the punch was totaly justified. he was out numbered. crowd mentatilty. That 2 on 1 could have eaisly blew up to 10 on 1. he used an "elevated" level of force to contain the situation, and keep it one on one. You notice he used that same amount of 'force' on the girl in black the entire time. What im wondering tho.. A: has he called for back up? B: He took wayyyyyy... to long to aprehend the girl in the black top. She should have ben cuffed n' stuffed in to the cruzer in 60 seconds.

Really? :facepalm::facepalm:

There are procedures for this. He is trained for this. This was over a jay walking ticket. They have pepper spray, tasers and radios. This officer let the incident control him instead of the other way around. I guess I am just old school. You dont hit a woman unless someone's life/safety is at question.

I've seen this type of altercation before, albiet not involving a LEO. These girls are playing the gender and race game to allow them to get violent without any repercussions. If he didn't have the proper tools at hand, I'm with Vidal...Knock her punk a$$ out :galletos:

wickedfastvette

the punch was totaly justified.

he was out numbered. crowd mentatilty. That 2 on 1 could have eaisly blew up to 10 on 1.

he used an "elevated" level of force to contain the situation, and keep it one on one.

You notice he used that same amount of 'force' on the girl in black the entire time.

What im wondering tho..

A: has he called for back up?

B: He took wayyyyyy... to long to aprehend the girl in the black top.

She should have ben cuffed n' stuffed in to the cruzer in 60 seconds.

I too was wondering those same points, that should not have taken that long.

Agreed...WAY too long !!! The officer should be thankful that teen male that appears to have been part of the group took the girl aside and kept her out of the fray....it could've gotten way uglier than it did.

... These girls are playing the gender and race game to allow them to get violent without any repercussions. ...

This is not pritty no matter how you slice it.

perhaps im rasist, or nieave' but..

In the article you see the police take the standard process during a High visible case.

The officer is on 'paid administrative leave' or 'arrest traning'

They are investaging and not making any judgements.

What im bothered with is the rush to bring in the 'Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle' and ' leaders of the Seattle African-American community' to "to repair any damage that's been done to that relationship (police and community)"

Race has nogthing to do with this. Peroid.

The Civil Groups are saying what the 19 yo woman did was wrong but...but.. what the office did was wrong too!

please..

Go to any large city like NYC, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, and physically obstruct an officer while he is making an arrest, and see if all you get is a punch to the face.

Guest LOUDMIKE

I am not arguing the point that she had to be restrained. Im not saying the officer didnt have justification. What is wrong is everybody thinks they can do whatever they want. NO accountabilityso they think they can do whatever they want. TOO MANY unknowns. Did he follow procedure etc. Backup? etc? But do you think we would be having this conversation if he had pepper sprayed, tased? (sp?) Took her down and cuffed her. NOPE!!

Guest Sidewinder

Crowd control was a big thing. This could have went downhill fast. What part of "You're under arrest" don't you understand. I don't know how cops are trained to defend themselves in a fight, training may have kicked in. As always...TAZER :lol The thing that worries me is 1:38 and 1:39 secs into the video

I see in this what I see everyday in school. ZERO respect for authority!!!! She and her friend were in clear violation. I don't know how that BRAVE cop managed to keep his composure. I would have been wound up enough and justifiably so to pull my weapon. There were way too many people in that area for him to keep reasonable control with 2 people resisting. Bad mojo all the way.

fourseventeen

Wheres this officers back up? I can hear in the background that the station is held for emergency traffic BUT where is the other units! This could have took a real bad turn for that officer. He was way out numbered and had his back to a lot of people numerous times. And why was he having such a hard time restraining that girl!! Why didnt he just pull out less lethal and handle the situation that way? Personally I would have called for additional units and attempted to put the girl in restraints. If I couldnt get that done quickly I would have just held the scene until I had other units for crowd control. I would not turn my back to that many people over a girl who was not a threat to me. She had no weapon and she was being detained for jay walking! Did the officer have a valid reason to punch someone....yeah id say so! It looks bad from someone who isnt familiar with being in a situation like that but I feel he was not out of line for doing that. Would I have handled it differently....YES.

Guest 1FASTC4

Did he follow procedure etc.

Yep, he was assaulted, had a right to defend himself. and fighting/punching is part of training.

I bet if you ever get assaulted by a female it will end up on youtube with you getting your arse beat because you wouldn't hit her. I can't wait! LMAO

Old school is: you don't abuse your woman, not: let some woman beat your ass because you can't hit her.

In the eyes of the law, gender does not play a part in whether you were assaulted/ have a right to use violence in defense.

While the cop broke no laws, the woman he clobbered broke at least 2, irrespective of jaywalking.

If he had tazed the initial fool for resisting arrest, YES we would be talking about it because the kneejerk uneducated of the world would be crying that some dumbass was tazed for jaywalking, when anyone with a semblance of common sense would have known it was for refusal to obey a lawful order/resisting.

She had no weapon...not a threat

How was the cop to know this as/before he was affecting an arrest? FWIW, she was being arrested for refusing to put her hands on the cops car as requested, a lawful order for a terry stop. She was not being arrested for jaywalking.

That was way messed up and definitely could have gone real bad, real fast. I think he was really lucky.

My take is that the officer lost control and punched the second woman out of anger. He had to close the distance on her to strike her... While I'm not going to say he was wrong, as I wasn't there, if we're going to armchair quarterback this deal... I say he at the point that he punched the girl, he should have instead drawn his tazer and ordered everyone to the ground, or ordered the second girl to leave and finished arresting the first girl. As others have stated, that arrest took WAAAYYYY too long. After a few seconds of fighting, if he couldn't get the upper hand, he should have stepped it up and hit her with the tazer. With that crowd that was around, the officer was in real danger and needed to gain control of the situation in a big hurry.

I'm with Mike on the never hit a woman.

However....

In a mob mentality and riding solo while fearing for your life (don't think for a second he wasn't with the crowd gathered behind him and out of sight) what would you do? I think he demonstrated incredible restraint. I was watching this and thinking TASER TASER.

This was clearly resisting arrest and looks suspiciously like a set up.

I personally think you tazer her and as she's flopping on the sidewalk you step back and ask "whose next?" :lol :lol

I'm with Mike on the never hit a woman.

For the record, I'm not. I won't ever hit a woman FIRST, but bitch, you take a swing at me, it could end poorly for you. I'm just sayin....

Guest Sidewinder

I personally think you tazer her and as she's flopping on the sidewalk you step back and ask "whose next?" :lol :lol

Here we go again Eddie......Agreeing with each other :edward:

wickedfastvette

I personally think you tazer her and as she's flopping on the sidewalk you step back and ask "whose next?" :lol:lol

This is getting scary!

I can see psychological treatment in my future! :lol