NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Well back to the paint shop again

Wishbone

You got it ACE friends, KIT is going back to the paint shop for some damage repair. The other morning when washing the car for our event I noticed my car had a real nice design from somebody trying to KEY my car. My thoughts are after this awesome individual found out their keying methods were not working on the bumper due to the Clear Bra they proceded to kick the bumper really hard and left. So now I have a Halo of damage about 5 inches in diameter on the passenger front part of the bumper. The paint underneith the clear bra is all chipped up. Man if I find the Asterds who did this they are going to be in big trouble. So anyway I called my Insurance and documented my claim. At this point they are not asking for a police report but if I need one then we will get it at that time. It is not like it is going to solve anything, as if the cops don't have better things to do with their time. This royally sucks big time. Adjuster comes to work on Wed morning.

Just Damn! Sounds like my 82, after a full repaint, it went back twice, once some kids at Firebird pushed their car into the rear in the staging lanes, then I nailed a coyote on the way home late one night from the pavilions!

This thouroughly sucks. Spiteful b'stards. Any idea of where you may have been when it happened?

I felt sick just hearing about it Robert, but at least you'll get it fixed. That really sux though.

Yeah I know, and it happened at WORK, so it looks like we have somebody realy jelous.

Do you have a parking garage at work or just in the parking lot? Any camera's?

That's just crap. The only thing you can hope for is that the SOB broke his toe kicking it and will never walk straight again.

That sucks. Sorry to hear this Robert. At least you know the repairs will be done right. Just once I would love to find somebody messing with other peoples stuff so I can take a bat to there knees!

Did somebody back into it maybe?

Of course there is no way for me to know for certain, but you can definately see where somebody tried to key the front bumper on the driver side. The way that the object conected to the bumper would have to be pin point small for a vehicle. The damage is done in between the two major creases that make up the body lines of the bumper. The damage is on the passenger side of the bumper. So it was done almost in the middle of those two creases. There is no scratching or indentures on the clear bra in this location.

The insurance adjuster is coming to my work this morning and we will see what they say?

Guest Sidewinder

Did somebody back into it maybe?

Of course there is no way for me to know for certain, but you can definately see where somebody tried to key the front bumper on the driver side. The way that the object conected to the bumper would have to be pin point small for a vehicle. The damage is done in between the two major creases that make up the body lines of the bumper. The damage is on the passenger side of the bumper. So it was done almost in the middle of those two creases. There is no scratching or indentures on the clear bra in this location.

The insurance adjuster is coming to my work this morning and we will see what they say?

Either way it sux. Hopefuly the adjuster treats ya good.

Ok so the adjuster came this morning and we had a good discussion. HE told me he does all of the Luxury cars in town. He new exactly how it hapened due to seeing this before. They stand facing away from the car so they can see if anybody is looking and so they dont hurt their knee, and when the coast is clear they horse buck the car. Mother F'rs. So the damage is $1200 bones to get this fixed. Thats it, getting a Beater for sure now to limit the amount of days my car is acceptable to F'n bastards like this.

Sorry to hear it. Some people are just underdeveloped mentally. I left mine out of the garage one night after a party we had. I woke up the next day to find my vette and my roommates 350Z had been pelted with water balloons. Doesn't sound like a big deal till it sits in the morning sun and the rubber starts sticking to the finish. Oh well lesson learned, never stays out of the garage.

You know Robert, they usually total the car when the repairs are 50% or more of the value, be careful or your vette will end up in the scrap heap! :lol

Ok so the adjuster came this morning and we had a good discussion. HE told me he does all of the Luxury cars in town. He new exactly how it hapened due to seeing this before. They stand facing away from the car so they can see if anybody is looking and so they dont hurt their knee, and when the coast is clear they horse buck the car. Mother F'rs. So the damage is $1200 bones to get this fixed. Thats it, getting a Beater for sure now to limit the amount of days my car is acceptable to F'n bastards like this.

Accessible, available, etc to the Mo Fo's.

I wouldn't say a thing about the estimate at work and see who gets inquisitive as to how much it costs to get repaired.

I hate this sh*t.

OUCH! $1,200. Oh well, at least it will get fixed and be good as new again. If your car ever gets to the scrap heep, let me know, I wanna be there to pick it up. I can do repaint. :P

They stand facing away from the car so they can see if anybody is looking and so they dont hurt their knee, and when the coast is clear they horse buck the car.

Based on the description I think I understand...but I am not familiar with the term "horse buck." :confused

Either way that sucks balls man. :(