NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Audio volume control button on wheel broken!?

fourseventeen

fourseventeen

Just noticed today that my steering wheel volume UP control doesnt work. wtf. down works, chanel changing works but the volume up doesnt work. Is there some trick to this button LOL or are these known to go bad? Is it a cheap fix or should I just take it to Chevy and have them warrantee and probably want my new car for 2 days! I dont wanna give up my ride for 2 days yet lol.

button is bad.

or perhaps something got in there when you first drove the car to make it stickey.

Posted Image

..what I meant he sneezed. perverts...

fourseventeen

button is bad.

or perhaps something got in there when you first drove the car to make it stickey.

Posted Image

..what I meant he sneezed. perverts...

LOL you dirty old man! :cfdeadagain LOL. Yeah id say the button is bad alright...it doesnt work LOL. So is that something quick and easy to change? and is it just a cheapy part to buy? Or am I better off losing my car for the day so they can look at it and tell me what I already know...it needs a new button, then tell me to bring it back in 2 weeks when the part is in and then leave it another day for them to fix it.

fourseventeen

if it was down I wouldnt be concerned, its the up button on the wheel that doesnt work :banghead

Then don't turn it up, isn't that why your buying exhaust? I've never had one apart, but I don't think it would take much more than a sledge hammer and a finger nail file to change it out!

fourseventeen

LOL. Id really like for it to work. Grrrr. Guess ill go by Chevy in the AM and see what smoke they blow my way in regards to fixing it.

all kidding aside. With the current state of GM at teh monent, if you try to fix it your self. There is a good chance that by you mearley touching the wires they will use that as an excuse to deny a warrentey claim or other electrical parts. 90% of all electrical stuff on out cars operate on a COM Buss(?) shared communication siginal. Meaning they are all linked together. So if you moneky with the up button, that will give them an excuse to deny a claim against why the window will no longer work. ...serious.... True story: A guy on the CF added the Man switch to his Z06. He bought he part (from Orange county creations I think?) where all he has to do is press and hold teh Trip button on his dash to open/close the mufflers. GM claimed by him tapping into that wire for the Trip button, they refused the claim for a faulty PCM replacement. He had to pay for parts, labor AND labor to trouble shoot. While 2 days may suck, but the black flag on your VIN would be worse. my 2 cts

fourseventeen

wow...thats wild. Yeah I guess I will have GM take a peek at it if its still under warrantee ;)

fourseventeen

factory warrantee just ended. I do have an extended warrantee with Fidelity and im trying to find out if they will cover that or not. I talked to my GM dealer yesterday and he told me that when I am ready to leave it for a day or two that I should bring it in and he will see what he can do to get it covered with GM even though I no longer have the 3/36k warrantee coverage

fourseventeen

noticed last night if I press the volume up button hard it works...and i do mean HARD! Hmmmm