NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Fathers Day Car Show

Buccaneer

Passing this on. I ran into a guy at the Chandler show tonight that's putting on a show on Father's Day at the Hilton next to Chandler Mall. The show up time to be there is 9am and he said that there will be FREE food and drinks for ALL car show participants and he did mention crab legs...WTF? NOM NOM NOM :eat: So if you're interested, call Rob @ 480-437-4924 and sign up and its free I believe.

Interesting...........might have to do this. Wait, better check with the kids and the boss first.

It's Fathers Day morning. I think it starts at 9 am from what Bucc says. Not positive on that though. I'm going to go down there for a bit and have a look see while everyone else is sleeping. I usually don't sleep my first day off so I need something to do.

Like he said... Hilton Phoenix Chandler 2929 W. Frye Road Chandler, AZ, 85224PHONE: 480-899-7400 June 20, 2010 Sunday, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

I'll be rolling by to check out the cars. Prolly be there @ 10 & will stay as long as needed to get thru the cars. See some of you there.

I was thinking about hitting the brunch with my family and entering the show. I just called to ask for info. and they were oblivious. One lady thought it was today. Anyway, they refer me to Diane who apparently left for the day.

I was thinking about hitting the brunch with my family and entering the show. I just called to ask for info. and they were oblivious. One lady thought it was today. Anyway, they refer me to Diane who apparently left for the day.

From my initial post up top...

call Rob @ 480-437-4924

So Bucc, did you call and register for it or can we just show up and park if needed?

I did not call because I'll be doing other things tomorrow with family. I'm pretty sure you need to call Rob first, but I could be wrong. I guess if you were to go early at around 8:45 -9am you might be able to work somethng out...maybe.

doing other things tomorrow with family.

Ya me too but thought this would kill some time til they all wake up. Told my Daughter to call when there's movement in the house and I will come home. :twitch:

Guest MikeySoft

Cool. Thanks.

Yea My son and I might cruze over. Far be it from me to turn away free food.

Guys need to come down here....

CRAZY food banquiet of epic proportion..... free to first 30 cars.

Guess this thing goes till 2, park and gorge session

Trying to get cleaned up now. Should be over around 1100. Look for the YELLER car.

Not to many cars there when I got there around 10. Talked to someone out front about the show and I even had my ACE shirt on. Can't remember his name for the life of me though. Wanted me to bring Grape but he's not ready for his debut yet.

Some pics of the cars that were there when I got there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A black C5 Coupe pulled in and parked just as I was leaving. Wish I could have brought mine out but the family wants to go out for lunch someplace and not be out in the heat with me at a show. Oh well maybe next time. Have fun and need more pics if anyone takes any. The guy said there was supposed to be a killer Z06 coming in.

The wife and I showed up around 1100. We met Adam and Donna there. (Nice to meet both of you.) Most of the cars there were posted by Mr. Husker minus the Camaro. Then at 1130, Rob from the Hotel invited us in for the Fathers Day lunch Buffet. We had prime rib, chicken, ribs, salad, desserts etc. What a spread. Great food. I talked to Rob about future shows maybe during a non holiday weekend or even an evening show and he said that might happen in the future. Anyway, had a blast. :banannadance:

For those of you that did not go to the car show today, you missed out on some FABULOUS food!!! Nice to have met you Joe & Julie. Hopefully here are a few pics of the spread. (first time uploading pics on here) Not the best pics, but there was prime rib, BBQ ribs, waffles, blintz', bacon, saussage, crab legs, shrimp, omlette station and lots of deserts. Very nice. If they do another show next year on Fathers day, I know where I will be!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, and by the way, The food was free if you showed up with your car!!! :bananaparty:

I talked to Rob about future shows maybe during a non holiday weekend or even an evening show and he said that might happen in the future. Anyway, had a blast. :banannadance:

Joe, stay on top of this, I bet after seeing those pictures of the food we could get a good ACE invasion next time they want to throw a show together!

Well, like I posted originally, Rob said there would be free food and crab legs, but prime rib? NOM, NOM, NOM... :eat: I would have liked to go, but had family over pretty much all day and besides, I had to try out my new Weber grill. :partydance: I noticed three of those cars were from the Chandler show regulars. :thumbs Hopefully I can make the next one and glad whoever went had a good time and fine eats.

:thumbs Hopefully I can make the next one and glad whoever went had a good time and fine eats.

X2 - WOW what a deal!

maybe I can have my interior looking a bit better by then and looking a little more "worthy" of the car show scene