NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

XM Radio customer service BLOWS!

fourseventeen

fourseventeen

after being on hold for 40+ mins I finally get through to someone. 2 mins with a guy who I could barely understand he decides he needs to transfer me because my user name/address update is a technical dept issue? WTF!!! So now I am sitting here as I type on hold for 13 mins after being transferred. Nearly an hour into this and im still on the phone and on HOLD!!! All to change my address on file and add my Z06 to my current XM account that I have on my chevy truck. Go figure!!! :hunter

I can relate. It took me 4 calls and over an hour total talking to them to get one simple request done - - drop one car radio and add another one. :banghead I had all the radio id's and it took them that many times to get it right. All 4 people I talked to had the same name. Apparently, they are only hiring More Rons. :cuss

I AGREE 100% ! I cancelled my service after waiting on hold for about 1/2 hour only to get somebody who spoke really bad english. A word of warning if you kill your service send a letter to them doing the same otherwise they will continue to bill you stating the service was never stopped or requested to be stopped.

Has anyone else played the XM / Sirius game? I have XM in the Vette and Kim has Sirius in her Benz. If I had two XM's I could have one main and one as a secondary at a cheaper price. They've been merged for over two years but can't seem to merge their billing systems. Convenient huh?

fourseventeen

yeah noticed they merged. I did a google search for the # to XM, I called and it was Sirius. All I needed to do was add the vette to my XM account....over and hour and never got it handled. the asshole left me on hold...after 20 more mins of holding (over an hour total on the phone) I realized that XM customer service closed 20 mins ago. So I started to wonder....ill bet them f*ckers went home and just left me on hold, I then hung up. Pretty upset with XM right about now.

wickedfastvette
Oh yeah,they can be a real pain in the azz, first off do not get a continous plan, tell them you want to be notified before your year is renewed when you get the renewall it will have some ridiculous amount like 249.00 call them up and tell them you want to cancel, they will ask why, you tell them it is too expensive, they will offer you a lower yearly rate maybe a 100 less, you will say no still to high can you do any better? No we cannot, then you say okay im going to cancel. they will transfer you to the cancellation dept, they will ask why your dropping them, you tell them because it is too high, they will offer you a 77.00 dollar a year option. I have done this for 3 years and it works every time, hope it will save someone some money.

fourseventeen

well shit maybe I should call and cancel. then when they offer be the better deal tell them I want the same deal on my Z too then ;)

wickedfastvette

well shit maybe I should call and cancel. then when they offer be the better deal tell them I want the same deal on my Z too then ;)

Is your plan up or getting close to the end or do you pay monthly?

fourseventeen

plan isnt up till dec. I pay yearly. but after this phone call I was pissed off enough to cancel anyway but couldnt get anyone on the phone! LOL

I'm getting close to having to deal with them. My free year is almost up on my Dodge. They want $164.24 for 1 year or $282.49 for 2 years. I don't have it in my Vert, can't hear the radio with the top down.

Oh yeah,they can be a real pain in the azz, first off do not get a continous plan, tell them you want to be notified before your year is renewed when you get the renewall it will have some ridiculous amount like 249.00 call them up and tell them you want to cancel, they will ask why, you tell them it is too expensive, they will offer you a lower yearly rate maybe a 100 less, you will say no still to high can you do any better? No we cannot, then you say okay im going to cancel. they will transfer you to the cancellation dept, they will ask why your dropping them, you tell them because it is too high, they will offer you a 77.00 dollar a year option. I have done this for 3 years and it works every time, hope it will save someone some money.

:agree

Never give them your credit card! Make them send a satement

fourseventeen

yeah the first year I had XM in my 2007 Tahoe they auto billed me....yet I didnt sign up for auto bill. I notice on my CC statement I had a charge from XM for like 160 bucks! When they auto billed me I no longer even owned the vehicle! so someone had xm for free for a month b4 I noticed it. I called and they fixed the issue. I had to tell them I dont want auto billing. I checked my online XM account yesterday and it says I get a statement. so it looks like im ok there

wickedfastvette

yeah the first year I had XM in my 2007 Tahoe they auto billed me....yet I didnt sign up for auto bill. I notice on my CC statement I had a charge from XM for like 160 bucks! When they auto billed me I no longer even owned the vehicle! so someone had xm for free for a month b4 I noticed it. I called and they fixed the issue. I had to tell them I dont want auto billing. I checked my online XM account yesterday and it says I get a statement. so it looks like im ok there

Just remember to call a few days or week before it expires and do what I told you above and you will get it alot cheaper.

I checked and the best rate after my first three months of free service was 5 months for $25. So I'll keeping playing the game. Also got best of Sirrus for free for three months since the initial free months gave me none of those

I've been with Sirius since the beginning, no problems on the phone, and I think we pay right about $200 for both my work truck and the vette!

I've been with Sirius since the beginning, no problems on the phone, and I think we pay right about $200 for both my work truck and the vette!

How do you get Sirius in the Vette? If I could do that I'd be able to put both the Vette and Benz on one account and save.

It's called... hell I forget, Chad knows what its called... I'll show it to you today!!!