NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Tires

Majambo

If I bought non-run flat tires and carried a can of flat fix, would that be just as effective as having run flats? After reading everyones reviews of "run-craps", it seems that they prefer to get something else for a better ride and handling. I will admit, the run-flats are very rough. m

fourseventeen

If your tire pressure monitors work I say get rid of the run flats! At least not the Goodyears! I have the bridgestone potenza pole position run flat tires currently and they arent to bad. My new wheels I have on order will be coming with the Nitto Invo (non run flats) when those come I will carry a "slime" flat repair kit which consists of a bottle of slime and an air compressor. It will fit in the small rear trunk compartment on my Z06

DO NOT, I repeat......DO NOT put that stuff in your car. It will explode from the heat. Don't ask how I know this but I have first hand references for this happening.

Tire slime will ruin you TPM's, DO NOT put tire slime in. Buy yourself a small compressor and a plug kit, it will work better than slime anyway. Make sure you have AAA for towing also

fourseventeen

I have a compressor and plug kit...as well as road side assistance with Geico ;) Plus I know a few tow drivers in the area too. and yeah fix a flat is a compressed can so I wouldnt leave that in the heat. thats almost as bad as leaving OC spray in your car ;) I knew a Deputy who left a can of OC spray in his car and it exploded LOL. Imagine trying to drive home with that in your car!

Tire slime will ruin you TPM's, DO NOT put tire slime in. Buy yourself a small compressor and a plug kit, it will work better than slime anyway. Make sure you have AAA for towing also

They make TPMs friendly tire slime you know. I only take it on cruises out of the PHX area. In town I just call for a tow.

Guest Sidewinder

Michelin pilot sport zero pressure. Best run flat on the road. Much much much better than any goodyear garbage.