NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Discount Tire & mounting of tires

Dvl4evr

The last time I wanted to have Discount mount some new rear tires, the kid told me they would only mount the tires if they installed sensors (currently don't use them). Anyone know if this policy still holds true, or if the kid just wanted to pad his numbers?

They never told me that. I had them do both my street tires with sensors and drag radials with no sensors. Which store did you go to?

I had the shop at 32nd St and Cactus tell me they won't mount tires on my 66 Coupe because it had knock offs. They said it was company policy.

I think the actual policy for the company is that they have to replace the "kit" for the sensor. This is basically an o-ring and nothing more. Sounds like he's trying to pad his numbers. If you go on DiscountTireDirect and price a set of tires for the car I'm pretty sure it'll state the policy and the kit is only 5 bucks each wheel if I remember correctly.

I had the shop at 32nd St and Cactus tell me they won't mount tires on my 66 Coupe because it had knock offs. They said it was company policy.

I think the actual policy for the company is that they have to replace the "kit" for the sensor. This is basically an o-ring and nothing more. Sounds like he's trying to pad his numbers. If you go on DiscountTireDirect and price a set of tires for the car I'm pretty sure it'll state the policy and the kit is only 5 bucks each wheel if I remember correctly.

Hmmmm ........ $5.00 for an O-ring ....... I'll pass!

Tell that to the Space Shuttle Challenger engineers. :facepalm:

The last time I wanted to have Discount mount some new rear tires, the kid told me they would only mount the tires if they installed sensors (currently don't use them). Anyone know if this policy still holds true, or if the kid just wanted to pad his numbers?

They mounted my DRs without sensors. Then again I just brought them rims and tires in a different vehicle. They don't need to know what they're going on.

I dont run sensors on my iforged wheels and they replace my drag radials every year with no issues.

After hearing from Andrew & other peep's not having issues, I've come to the conclusion I just had an A$$ PIPE on my hands. I will be going back to Discount again after a 2 year hiatus :banannadance:

After hearing from Andrew & other peep's not having issues, I've come to the conclusion I just had an A$ PIPE on my hands. I will be going back to Discount again after a 2 year hiatus :banannadance:

Just be careful as they also have the "your tires are xxx years old" scam as well.

After hearing from Andrew & other peep's not having issues, I've come to the conclusion I just had an A$ PIPE on my hands. I will be going back to Discount again after a 2 year hiatus :banannadance:

Just be careful as they also have the "your tires are xxx years old" scam as well.

My tires aren't 2 years old, that's just how long it's been since I had Discount work on my car. I wish I could get 2 years out of tires.

Since the tool at Discount told me they wouldn't install tires without the sensors, I haven't gone to Discount & have had my tires mounted @ Tire Pros.

:down: went to discount and they said with new tires on my suv it would be 20.00 to mount and balance. If the tire sensor was bad it was 32 dollars a tire to rebuild. I said have a nice day and left. I went to tire pro, bought my tires had them mounted and balanced and no problem with sensors. they also did not charge me 20.00 a tire to mount and balance. If it was included in tire price that is cool with me. I really was amazed at the tax and disposable fee which was 50.00. Now there is a 9.2 percent tax.