NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Anyone do web site design? Need some quick help

fourseventeen

fourseventeen

I just recently had my website revamped and the "idiot" who did it cant figure out how to get my music player on the web site to work properly. I need it so that my music player plays the same song without restarting when you navigate through the other pages of my site. Anyone know how to make that happen? My site is basic HTML (elitephotophx dot com) Heelllppppppp :banghead

What player are you using? I didn't feel like downloading the plug in tonight so I can't tell what it is. another words, I guess I can take a look at it for you, but not tonight, I've just about had it with staying awake!!!

fourseventeen

I know NOTHING about this stuff. I had someone else do the site. He seemed competant until it came to the music player. He cant seem to figure out how to keep the song player when you go through different pages on the site. it always restarts from the beginng of the song...and its annoying! ;) If you know of a player that will do this I can tell the bone head what player would work , or if someone has the time and knows how to do it and wouldnt mind helping me....ill buy you lunch on the first ACE event I come out to this month :)

Most users find music on the site annoying but that is a statistic that is not proven according to what I've read. El Paso Corvette Club website used to have music on theirs but discontinued it. For some info on how to add music try this Linkie Dinkie

fourseventeen

thanks buddy. if people dont like it...hit the mute button ;) LOL.

I agree with John, music on websites is really irritating.

:facepalm: Holy Poop A Do Da Day, someone agrees with me. Cherye, next time I'm in AZ you get the FREE BEER I was going to give to Nobody. :lol:lol

fourseventeen

LOL OK OK OK maybe just MAYBE I will consider ditching the music even though its pretty tame and not loud at all lol

LOL OK OK OK maybe just MAYBE I will consider ditching the music even though its pretty tame and not loud at all lol

Think DISTRACTIONS.............I'm on your website and suddenly the music catches more of my attention then what you want to sell, offer, etc. Your work just failed.

I agree with John, music on websites is really irritating.

agreed.

Infact the last thing I need is AC/DC playing jarring me out of my seat (I tend to leave my voulme at 50%) or to hear a dragster roaring down the 1/4 mile.

The few sites that do have music have 2 things.

a: every time I go back to the home page to drill down another catagory the damn song repeats again... Just when I was getting into it.

b: it annoys me so much that I quickly leave and go else where.

somethign else to think about. Is the song Royalty free? from a leagal perspective you canot rebroadcast most popular music. Your web site guy should have known that.

my 2 cts

chad

b: it annoys me so much that I quickly leave and go else where.

:agree I normally leave my volume muted but when I do happen to have it on and hit a website with any sound it just pisses me off.

Even going to sports sites etc, I hate those auto players for anything. If I want to see/hear it, I'll click it.

fourseventeen

Ok point made...ill have the player deleted lol.