NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Code P0175

MOTV8

Threw a code on the way home today, just drivin' down Greenway, check engine light pops on. Get home, check the codes, and get 10 PCM: P0175 H, System Too Rich (Bank 2), which in English means that an oxygen sensor in bank 2 detected a rich condition (too little oxygen in the exhaust).

So. :cfdeadagain

It could be mean that the following has happened:

The MAF sensor is dirty or faulty.

or

There could be a fuel pressure or delivery problem.

Has anyone else had this code, and did cleaning teh MAF clear it up for you???

I don't think my Halltech's filter has been re-oiled in like 10,000 miles or more so I don't think it would've caused it, but I'm all ears if you've had any experience with this dtc.

Since it wasn't a 'current' code, I cleared it, and will wait and see if it returns. I excel at procrastination. If the dtc returns I'll start by cleaning the MAF and hope that does the trick. She has a NicD nitrous tune so running rich is to be expected, and she's thrown some oxygen sensor codes a few times since I got the headers, and some EBTCM codes that are common too, but thats all, and not recently either.

:thankyou: -Dean

Mine throws an occasional P0101...MAF sensor. I do use CRC MAF Sensor cleaner and I just recently cleaned and re-oiled my Halltech Killer Bee filter. The CEL has since gone out but I'm going to give it (MAF) a cleaning this weekend anyways.

Do you have any means (autotap, etc.) to datalog your long term and short term fuel trims?

How is it running otherwise, smooth or rough? Couldn't a mis-fire trigger that code, that is maybe a bad plug wire?

Mine throws an occasional P0101...MAF sensor. I do use CRC MAF Sensor cleaner and I just recently cleaned and re-oiled my Halltech Killer Bee filter.

The CEL has since gone out but I'm going to give it (MAF) a cleaning this weekend anyways.