NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Are you a marksman with your rifle ?

FNBADAZ06

OK, so Sunday morning I go out with a few buds to do a little plinking with our guns before it got hot.

I have a Ruger 10/22 rifle with a small scope and 50 round banana clip that I usually take out with me.....straight shootin' and very accurate.

We setup some clay pigeons and spent 12 guage shotguns shells (they fly pretty good when hit :lol ) out about 100 yards and had at it.

Thought my sh!t didn't stink when I bagged 8 out of 10 shotgun shells, so I started contemplating my 2nd carreer as a Marine sniper after I retire from the IT world.

Googled what the record is for a confirmed sniper shot kill.........

"The current combat sniping record is nowadays generally credited to Corporal of Horse* Craig Harrison of the British Army, who hit and killed two Taliban machine-gunners at a distance of 2,474 metres in November last year in as many shots and then destroyed their weapon with a third round. However, he missed several times before getting the necessary corrections nailed down so expertly.

Harrison was able to make these astonishing shots because - in his words - "conditions were perfect, no wind, mild weather, clear visibility".

The previous record-holder, Corporal Rob Furlong of the 3rd battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, killed an al-Qaeda gunman at 2,430m in 2002 - but like Harrison took several shots before scoring a hit. Furlong may also have been aided by the thin air high in the Shah-i-Kot valley where he was fighting at the time."

F**CK.......2,474 METERS ??!!!!!! GEEZUS

2474 m = 1.53727 mi.

OR 1 mi. and 945.5 yd

Guess I better keep my day job :smilelol

OK, so Sunday morning I go out with a few buds to do a little plinking with our guns before it got hot.

I have a Ruger 10/22 rifle with a small scope and 50 round banana clip that I usually take out with me.....straight shootin' and very accurate.

We setup some clay pigeons and spent 12 guage shotguns shells (they fly pretty good when hit :lol ) out about 100 yards and had at it.

Thought my sh!t didn't stink when I bagged 8 out of 10 shotgun shells, so I started contemplating my 2nd carreer as a Marine sniper after I retire from the IT world.

"The current combat sniping record is nowadays generally credited to Corporal of Horse* Craig Harrison of the British Army, who hit and killed two Taliban machine-gunners at a distance of 2,474 metres in November last year in as many shots and then destroyed their weapon with a third round. However, he missed several times before getting the necessary corrections nailed down so expertly.

Harrison was able to make these astonishing shots because - in his words - "conditions were perfect, no wind, mild weather, clear visibility".

The previous record-holder, Corporal Rob Furlong of the 3rd battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, killed an al-Qaeda gunman at 2,430m in 2002 - but like Harrison took several shots before scoring a hit. Furlong may also have been aided by the thin air high in the Shah-i-Kot valley where he was fighting at the time."

2474 m = 1.53727 mi.

OR 1 mi. and 945.5 yd

2474 m = 1.53727 mi.

OR 1 mi. and 945.5 yd

Yep! I saw some show about that guy and his shot somewhere...WOW, what a shot! How the hell he saw a guy 1.5 miles out even with a scope and hit him, is some real skill and I never want to be in his crosshairs.

2474 m = 1.53727 mi.

OR 1 mi. and 945.5 yd

Yep! I saw some show about that guy and his shot somewhere...WOW, what a shot! How the hell he saw a guy 1.5 miles out even with a scope and hit him, is some real skill and I never want to be in his crosshairs.

Guest Kens06

Victor, where did you go?? East Side, West Side, shooting range??? There are a bunch of guys here that used to go on both sides of the Valley and lost them all!! Be our savior Victor!! If we get there at 5:30 AM we could get done by 10:30 and it would only be 95 or so..... OH ya, all of these shots are done with a sniper team... Shooter and Spotter...60X spotter scopes are better than most rifle scopes.... Easier to see hits and redirect fire... Ken

Guest Sidewinder

If your a reader pick up Marine Sniper 93 confirmed kills. There has been many advancements in sniping the past few years, some cool stuff.

Desertdawg

You should see the shots I make in Halo... 1 shot 1 kill!

That movie "SNIPER" with Tom Berringer was just on cable a few weeks ago...also loosely based on Carlos.

Victor, where did you go??

East Side, West Side, shooting range???

There are a bunch of guys here that used to go on both sides of the Valley and lost them all!!

Be our savior Victor!!

If we get there at 5:30 AM we could get done by 10:30 and it would only be 95 or so.....

OH ya, all of these shots are done with a sniper team...

Shooter and Spotter...60X spotter scopes are better than most rifle scopes....

Easier to see hits and redirect fire...

Ken

Desertdawg

and the career of Tom Berringer is loosly based on my life, that movie inspired him to play the part I lived!

wickedfastvette

and the career of Tom Berringer is loosly based on my life, that movie inspired him to play the part I lived!

Desertdawg

Well yeah but that was earlier, then while I was taking a walk along this little wall in china things changed and a new deal was made.

if you are an enthusiast check out the new show "top shot" on history channel - think reality show like survivor but with a variety of weapons - some real talent on that show.

wickedfastvette

i have 23 animals on my wall! i think i qualify! longest kill 325 yards!

if you are an enthusiast check out the new show "top shot" on history channel - think reality show like survivor but with a variety of weapons - some real talent on that show.