NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Tornadoes

wickedfastvette

wickedfastvette

I don't know if you have been watching the news but all those tornadoes that hit yesterday in Michigan and by Toledo Ohio that killed all those people were between 28 and 60 miles away from my houses there. Since I was a little kid I have had nightmares about those damn things, I'm so glad I'm not there yet.

I don't know if you have been watching the news but all those tornadoes that hit yesterday in Michigan and by Toledo Ohio that killed all those people were between 28 and 60 miles away from houses there. Since I was a little kid I have had nightmares about those damn things, I'm so glad I'm not there yet.

wickedfastvette

I go to Toledo all the time, my husband is from there and my houses are in the Irish hills, right by MIS racetrack.

I go to Toledo all the time, my husband is from there and my houses are in the Irish hills, right by MIS racetrack.

:down: news said they were heading for east coast, I remember hurricanes, never a tornado

I've always wanted to see one in real life as long as it doesn't get me or my car.

Grew up in a little town in Nebraska on the northern end of "tornado alley". Thankfully enough never been in one, only seen them in the distance and saw the aftermath of that; seen plenty of funnel clouds way closer than I ever wanted to. Pretty scary stuff, we had the only house on the block with a full basement so all the neighbors came over to our house when the sirens went off which is fairly often in the late spring/summer time. I used to spend summers on working on our farm south of town, my Grandfather would stay up all night and watch the weather to make sure we were safe out there. We had a storm cellar on the farm, if you need a visual of that watch the opening scenes of "Twister", exact same thing. Had to make few mad dashes to that over the years

I don't know if you have been watching the news but all those tornadoes that hit yesterday in Michigan and by Toledo Ohio that killed all those people were between 28 and 60 miles away from my houses there. Since I was a little kid I have had nightmares about those damn things, I'm so glad I'm not there yet.

Oddly enough, I too had tornado nightmares as a kid too! I'm from a suburb of Boston so we never saw tornadoes there but I think my fear came from watching the Wizard of Oz! Ya, I had one active imagination as a kid!! I did, however, see a funnel cloud in 1996 right behind my son's day care on Ray Rd. in Ahwatukee and I had to do a double-take and pointed it out to others around me. Later that night I saw it on the news! Very strange....

wickedfastvette

Oddly enough, I too had tornado nightmares as a kid too! I'm from a suburb of Boston so we never saw tornadoes there but I think my fear came from watching the Wizard of Oz! Ya, I had one active imagination as a kid!! I did, however, see a funnel cloud in 1996 right behind my son's day care on Ray Rd. in Ahwatukee and I had to do a double-take and pointed it out to others around me. Later that night I saw it on the news! Very strange....

I think I need a magnifying glass to read this...Do I need glasses? :P

No its small writing, or I need glasses too.

I think I need a magnifying glass to read this...Do I need glasses? :P

What town COMISH? Have relatives in Neb.

Lexington, NE........cultural center of the universe

NOT..........we all know Valentine, NE is the cultural center as it's so close to Rosebud Res.

Quicksilver98

When I lived back in Pa. We had two pretty close encounters with those old nasty funnel clouds. In the 80's two tornadoes joined in Tionesta Pa about 15 miles from our house. Luckily it was mostly a wooded area. It was amazing to see the after math where trees where snapped off about 10 feet off the ground and laid down like a bunch of tooth picks. The path was about 200 yards wide right down the valley between two mountains. It looked like the pictures from Mount saint Helens. The second "close" call was in 1995 when I lived outside of Reading Pa. A tornado hit about 18 miles from our house in the town of Limerick Pa. Unfortunately this one claimed the lives of a friend of mine along with his wife and small child. They had just moved into a new house a in a new subdivision a week before the tornado hit. Their house was the only one in the subdivision that was totally leveled.....a dozen others had some damage but nothing like theirs. It was a sad day!

I was in Kansas '91 when this F5 happened.

Yeah, that's my IROC-Z next to the dumpster in the lower leftish side of the pic.

Posted Image

Guest racingchester

Being from Minn I have had incounters with a few. (from a distance) In 1965 11 tornades went through the Minneapolis area. friend of mine had his house leveled when his family was in the basement. He said it sounded like a train ran over them. Got out of the basement and all that was left was the bare floor.....

Final Effort

A sad update I got from the Toledo Blade. The June 5 tornado has claimed a sixth victim. Ryan Walters, 37, of Millbury, Ohio, died at 6:14 p.m. Sunday at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo, a hospital spokesman said. Mr. Walters and his wife, Mary, 36, apparently were asleep in an upstairs bedroom of their Main Street house when the tornado struck. In that same part of the house were their children, daughter Madison, 7, and son Hayden, 4, according to family members. The lone survivor of that foursome now is the little girl, who was released yesterday from Mercy St. Vincent after days of treatment for broken bones. Mrs. Walters and the couple's son died shortly after the tornado struck.