For sale: EVERYTHING

Ted Y

I haven't fully understood the reasoning for attempting to bar such activity.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

Meh,

I think that is taking it to the extreme. That is like getting mad at NBC because they showed a Snuggie commercial and the piece of shit came apart in the wash. Good experiences, bad experiences, I think they are part of what makes a community.

Even with SLAMMER'S experience at Xtreme, if nothing elese it is an education for an individual that visits any shop to request a check of fluids, and workmanship before leaving the premesis.

I am not trying to simplify the situation, I know it is a tough one.

Reference material... Clicky!!!!\

And what you don't see is the PM ACE recieved threatening a lawsuit because ACE recommended he go to AZPS...

We pointed him to our site wide disclaimer, but you see how fast it goes downhill.

A truckload of Z raping CTS-V's just landed here and are ready for delivery. I know alot of you are ready to trade up :yeah: ....shoot me a PM or stop by and I'll get the Doc's written up for you :rockon2:

Did I mention that I have for sale a Reneg...Oh nevermind, its not important anyway. :P

You've already sold a Renegade to the last 3 known CFI cars that are known to still exist :smilelol

Guest Sidewinder

What my point is and has been for many years is if ACE lets one person do it

well Mark define "it"?

how may for sale posts are ok and how many are too much?

5?

10?

20?

Is it ok to sell the a single item in bulk?

or to charge taxes on the item?

Where is the line between a guy selling stuff and a business selling stuff?

What are the defining traits?

I got it, you dont like it. Now offer up some suggestions to remidey this.

fourseventeen

there should be a section dedicated to MEMBERS (and I mean ACTIVE members who come out to events and contribute to the site and its members) who have a service to offer other members at a discounted rate. I dont know about some of the other guys here but me personally i would like to know if someone here offers a service I may need, especially at a discounted rate. Say I need window tint or tires, or even a non car related thing such as plumbing...I would rather give my money to a fellow Corvette lover and member of this site then joe blow out of the yellow pages. Plus if the members here offer fellow members a discount or some incentive then that makes things even better for us doesnt it? Whats the harm in it as long as it can only be done by active members of the site who participate in events and such. Me personally I am new to the site so I havent really mentioned what I do for work now BUT I like this site so much that I have added a direct link to this site from my companies website. I am sure anyone else who wants to advertise their services here would be willing to link to the site and offer a discount for members of ACE.

there should be a section dedicated to MEMBERS (and I mean ACTIVE members who come out to events and contribute to the site and its members) who have a service to offer other members at a discounted rate. I dont know about some of the other guys here but me personally i would like to know if someone here offers a service I may need, especially at a discounted rate. Say I need window tint or tires, or even a non car related thing such as plumbing...I would rather give my money to a fellow Corvette lover and member of this site then joe blow out of the yellow pages. Plus if the members here offer fellow members a discount or some incentive then that makes things even better for us doesnt it? Whats the harm in it as long as it can only be done by active members of the site who participate in events and such.

Me personally I am new to the site so I havent really mentioned what I do for work now BUT I like this site so much that I have added a direct link to this site from my companies website. I am sure anyone else who wants to advertise their services here would be willing to link to the site and offer a discount for members of ACE.

fourseventeen

Kansas? thought I was on an AZ web site. Hmmmm LOL. Thats why I said ACTIVE....and made mention of them actively coming out to events, cruises, meets, etc. not just showing their face on the site and no one has a clue who this person is.

Kansas? thought I was on an AZ web site. Hmmmm LOL.

Thats why I said ACTIVE....and made mention of them actively coming out to events, cruises, meets, etc. not just showing their face on the site and no one has a clue who this person is.

fourseventeen

sure Ted is a stand up guy he can sell all the stolen car parts he wants ;) LOL. But really I was mainly speaking of services that members have to offer as opposed to a vette dealer selling a bunch of parts. If a member is a plumber, mechanic, car detailer, window tinter, tire guy....whatever. Im sure it could be benficial to the members here if it is regulated properly. But hey thats just my .02 cents.

sure Ted is a stand up guy he can sell all the stolen car parts he wants ;) LOL.

But really I was mainly speaking of services that members have to offer as opposed to a vette dealer selling a bunch of parts. If a member is a plumber, mechanic, car detailer, window tinter, tire guy....whatever. Im sure it could be benficial to the members here if it is regulated properly. But hey thats just my .02 cents.

sure Ted is a stand up guy he can sell all the stolen car parts he wants ;) LOL.

But really I was mainly speaking of services that members have to offer as opposed to a vette dealer selling a bunch of parts. If a member is a plumber, mechanic, car detailer, window tinter, tire guy....whatever. Im sure it could be benficial to the members here if it is regulated properly. But hey thats just my .02 cents.

I don't disagree one bit. You are 100% right. But who is the monster with enough time who looks after the monsters?

John, you're retired. I nominate you. :)

I don't disagree one bit. You are 100% right. But who is the monster with enough time who looks after the monsters?

How about a basement-ish, password for posting forum for those types of member owned services?

Nobody gets the password to post unless a good majority of upstanding members give the thumbs up. Anyone who shares the password to someone that didn't get "clearance" would be banned from that forum as well as the offending poster. Is that within the technical realm of the board and the time governed & utilized by said upstanding members?

fourseventeen

Yup I think Chad and I have it figured out ;) I like his idea. Otherwise I also nominate John to mod that forum LOL.

fourseventeen

come on John I think you would do a great job! You own the 2nd best color to own a Vette in so im sure your a smart guy ;)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.