• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

I agree with the consensus... besides, I like window shopping his goodies! He's local, and I saw him at the BBQ. Nice guy! One of these days, when I have extra $$$, I might actually buy something, and if it's all on CF, I have to contend with a bazillion others and likely miss the window of a decent buy. :thumbs

JNMMotorsports

I knew you guys loved me. :lol

Big Poppa says you're super cute.

Big Poppa has good taste lol. I can post pics if needed?

Desertdawg

My OP was a joke.

Yeah right!!! :lol

Let him stay or the Jokes begin................lol

I'm ok with John selling here, most of his stuff is used & give us first shot at it and he isn't advertizing. iIt also gives us a chance to photo chop his toes sometimes. :lol

I think it's ok unless he goes stupid which hasn't happened. I just wish he would sell some Vettes so Yoder would have something to do besides starting azzhat threads............ :lol:lol:lol:thumbs

I think it's ok unless he goes stupid which hasn't happened. I just wish he would sell some Vettes so Yoder would have something to do besides starting azzhat threads............ :lol:lol:lol:thumbs

Azzhat is as azzhat does.

Azzhat is as azzhat does.

Guest Sidewinder

I think his selling parts on the forum (side business/job) has gotten way out of hand. John this is by no means a personal attack. Name me one other person/business belonging to an ACE member that post for sale items back to back to back? Nobody, that's because it's been tried before and ACE goes crazy and drops the hammer on them. CnV, Southerncarparts, Fireturd Raceway or ANY of the other 100 or so parts places that email Dawg every week. Some of the newer folks may not remember but not allowing parts vendors to sell has been going on the 5 plus years I have been a member. Hell, even Brian (CRZYDMND sp?) offered his services and we jumped dead in his shit. Tell me the difference between this and a guy who owns a car dealership posting all his used vettes for sale? Mind you, the dealer has the required 25 posts and has been to 2 lunches and when said dealer posts pics there is no mention of what dealership it is just weekly pics of different used vettes for sale over and over (BUMP) and over and over and over (BUMP) and over again Craigslist style. It wouldn't last 2 seconds...

This should have been adressed long ago and now has gotten way out of control. I agree with Wickedfast, there is a grey area. If we let one person do it then let everyone. If we don't allow "vendors" to pawn their goods as we have done in the past then let's keep it that way. If I want to see what 1Sikvette has for sale I will go over to the big board.

Robert, I need some of those pills you got :lol

I think his selling parts on the forum (side business/job) has gotten way out of hand. John this is by no means a personal attack. Name me one other person/business belonging to an ACE member that post for sale items back to back to back? Nobody, that's because it's been tried before and ACE goes crazy and drops the hammer on them. CnV, Southerncarparts, Fireturd Raceway or ANY of the other 100 or so parts places that email Dawg every week. Some of the newer folks may not remember but not allowing parts vendors to sell has been going on the 5 plus years I have been a member. Hell, even Brian (CRZYDMND sp?) offered his services and we jumped dead in his shit. Tell me the difference between this and a guy who owns a car dealership posting all his used vettes for sale? Mind you, the dealer has the required 25 posts and has been to 2 lunches and when said dealer posts pics there is no mention of what dealership it is just weekly pics of different used vettes for sale over and over (BUMP) and over and over and over (BUMP) and over again Craigslist style. It wouldn't last 2 seconds...

This should have been adressed long ago and now has gotten way out of control. I agree with Wickedfast, there is a grey area. If we let one person do it then let everyone. If we don't allow "vendors" to pawn their goods as we have done in the past then let's keep it that way. If I want to see what 1Sikvette has for sale I will go over to the big board.

I'm agreeing with Mark here and that scares me! It's nothing personal John but one of our members tried to offer a deal on window tint and the membership jumped in his shit about no advertising. John lists stuff over and over and over and no one says a word. Maybe it's because we can all drool over Vette parts but window tint isn't sexy enough but I say it's discriminating. Brian tries to help members out on a mortgage and got told in no uncertain terms there was no advertising. I ask, what's the difference?

Please send a couple of those pills my way too Wishbone!

I don't think it's a crime for any ACE member to offer a "one time deal" to other ACE members. Look at the businesses owned by members. None, I don't think, go out of their way to make a living off us. If you really want to get down to brass tacks then no one should be allowed any avatar, link ot whatever which suggests business. Sure this sounds ridiculous but like was previously said "gray area". Should LPM rid their avatars? Should Strutt Corvettes rid their link to a dieast store? There are many more examples. I appreciate being asked buy ACE my opinion and the rules should be discussed by Admin as a group and not as a thread. It somehow amazes me how a Yoder joke became a bag of crap. And Dawg started it............ :lol:lol

Guest Sidewinder

I don't think it's a crime for any ACE member to offer a "one time deal" to other ACE members. Look at the businesses owned by members. None, I don't think, go out of their way to make a living off us. If you really want to get down to brass tacks then no one should be allowed any avatar, link ot whatever which suggests business. Sure this sounds ridiculous but like was previously said "gray area". Should LPM rid their avatars? Should Strutt Corvettes rid their link to a dieast store? There are many more examples. I appreciate being asked buy ACE my opinion and the rules should be discussed by Admin as a group and not as a thread. It somehow amazes me how a Yoder joke became a bag of crap. And Dawg started it............ :lol:lol

JNMMotorsports

Just to let some of you know. I don't own a buisness. All the Vettes I've sold were my own personal cars. I haven't owned more than one Vette at a time if that matters. The C6 I currently listed is a close friend of mine and he asked me to post it for him. I honestly haven't sold much on here. I think I might have sold between 5-7 parts on here and that's it. The only reason I post my parts on here for sale is to give my local Vette owners a better deal than what they get on the big forum. Just let me know what you guys want me to do.

Just to let some of you know. I don't own a buisness. All the Vettes I've sold were my own personal cars. I haven't owned more than one Vette at a time if that matters. The C6 I currently listed is a close friend of mine and he asked me to post it for him. I honestly haven't sold much on here. I think I might have sold between 5-7 parts on here and that's it. The only reason I post my parts on here for sale is to give my local Vette owners a better deal than what they get on the big forum.

Just let me know what you guys want me to do.

JNMMotorsports

Just to let some of you know. I don't own a buisness. All the Vettes I've sold were my own personal cars. I haven't owned more than one Vette at a time if that matters. The C6 I currently listed is a close friend of mine and he asked me to post it for him. I honestly haven't sold much on here. I think I might have sold between 5-7 parts on here and that's it. The only reason I post my parts on here for sale is to give my local Vette owners a better deal than what they get on the big forum.

Just let me know what you guys want me to do.

Well if these guys/gals bitch enough you can just send them to me free................. :smilelol:smilelol

Desertdawg

If we don't allow "vendors" to pawn their goods as we have done in the past then let's keep it that way.

Just to let some of you know. I don't own a buisness.

Hence the grey area.... Does this change the way we look at John's for sale threads?

I appreciate being asked buy ACE my opinion and the rules should be discussed by Admin as a group and not as a thread.

We need to discuss this in a thread because it affects ACE and we are all part of the decision making process around here.

Nobody decried the fact that Eudlose advertised a differential from his business. Lots of inconsistencies everywhere.

.........Always, always expect Yoder jokes to turn into crap :smilelol:smilelol

Ain't that the truth? Must be cop humor............. :facepalm:

New tagline for me?

Guest LOUDMIKE

Ok well I am a newbie and I am obviously going to get accused of being bias, but if it stays in one area of the forum who cares. This is a for sale section. If someone has 100 parts for sale then more options for me or all of you. NOW if someone starts hijacking threads and trying to sell there boot their ass!! I will soon be modding a C5 or C6 and I am all about savings, so this is the first place I am going to look. LOCAL and cheaper usually!! I dont know, maybe I am just hormonal (sp?) but I think I am going to go back to dating supermodels. Lot less work an thought!

Guest Sidewinder

Nobody decried the fact that Eudlose advertised a differential from his business. Lots of inconsistencies everywhere.

I don't see anything wrong with the kind of "for sale" posts I've seen. As long as it's posted in the "For Sale" section by someone who is on this forum for social purposes also (not just to sell stuff) I think it's okay. Just my :2cents

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.