NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Repair

ebalentine

ebalentine

My 1996 coupe has an issue with the direction of the flow of the air-conditioning occasionally. Even my brand new 1996 coupe (another car) in 1996 with only a few thousand miles on it had the same problem. You turn on the air-conditioning and then it switches the air flow from the front vents to the floor vents and defrosters. After several minutes driving the sir will sudden switch back to the front air vents to your face where it belongs. It's like it has a mind of its own. I remember when I had my new 1996 coupe it was covered under the factury warranty but would have cost about $1500 to replace a module under the dash which requires removing the dash to get to it. Today I have the same problem with my 1996gs, it will work fine for months and them all of sudden switch to the floor and defrosters. Weird. Any suggestions? some folks told me its bull shit fix at the dealer, but something minor is the real cause, don't remember now. Ice cold air on my feet and the windshield : )

:banghead I had the same problem with mine and found out what it was, you may want to look under tech for fix. it is under kingron ac I believe Mine was the controller under the dash on drivers side, which is only available by taking seat out and laying on floor, very hard to see and fix, but can be done. look for fix